Good Morning Parents! It's Free Choice Friday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Happy Friday Morning!!!!

There are so many new members, let me give you the history behind Free Choice Friday. Back in the early 2000's when my difficult child was at his lowest and darkest, it was everything we could do to make it through every day. School was an absolute nightmare. When we made it to Friday at 3:00 you could hear the heavy sigh a mile away!

I began to coin "Free Choice Friday" for difficult child. Friday was all about him being able to choose the programing he watched (well, within reason) and what he wanted for dinner. It was a simple way to reward the end of a long and difficult week. It stuck.

Now every Friday is Free Choice around here and all of us deserve the right to make a free choice today!

My brother in law (well ex because he and my sister are divorced) and my niece are coming in town for the weekend for the basketball tournament (the come every year). They are coming here first for dinner tonight before the 7 pm game and we will meet up again at some point this weekend. That is all that is on the schedule this weekend! Yipee....a quiet one.....

So, good morning, happy Friday and do something nice for yourself today!!

:dance: Sharon

H

HaoZi

Friday... she had a decent week at school, which is defined as I don't get phone calls about bad behavior. For us this means on the way home from school we stop at McD's and get her a hot fudge sundae (no nuts).

HowMuchLonger

I love this idea and somewhat have the same thing here. I think by Friday when I haven't had to pick up a kid early from school or speak yet again to a teacher or principal I'm just so elated I could care less if they want to eat cake and root beer for dinner! (ok, maybe that's exaggerating!). We also usually do a movie night on Fridays for the whole family (sometimes difficult child 3 even joins us lol). Just gotta make it through today!!

And, husband and I MIGHT be going on Sat. night, first time in a looong time. Just gotta con the teenage niece :) So that's exciting!

Marguerite

G'day, people. It's late here, I'm heading for bed. I have an early start tomorrow IF I choose to go to the morning 25 year reunion thingie. I'd better get some sleep if I'm going - but I just spent a day in the city and I don't want to drive there again tomorrow.

I have a midday meeting back in our district - it's still half an hour's drive away. I need my sleep for both of these.

We went to difficult child 3's school today, then the therapist. A very big day.

G'night. I'm missing the option to have a few free choices right now...

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), Enjoy your quiet weekend!!!

HaoZi, Glad to hear your difficult child had a good week at school!!! I would love a sundae right about now, lol...

HML, Hope you and your husband get a special night out ALONE!!!

Marg, Hope you get much needed rest - A chance to unwind a bit...

Today is another cold one here - It's a "balmy" 19 degrees... I was going to go for a walk but am having second thoughts...

This morning didn't start off well - easy child/difficult child 3 was running late and acting like a total PITA. Just so glad she has left!!!

Headed to the kitchen - Need more caffeine.

Hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend!!! SFR

cubsgirl

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee - woke up late, but went to bed late. :mornincoffee:

I have a bunch of errands to run today and I want to get some time in at the gym.

CPS is all over us right now too. I know several families are dealing with it. difficult child tends to exaggerate at school and he said we pull him by his hair. Nice. He is 3-4 inches taller than me and it would be physically impossible to do that. The school apparently didn't notice his crew cut either :rofl:

I hope everyone has a great Free Choice Friday!

shellyd67

I love Friday's Sharon !

No homework is the main reason ! LOL

We have a pretty busy weekend. easy child has a karate tournament and difficult child has baseball practice.

difficult child failed his big math test 60%. Argh ! He conveniently forgot to bring it home but I was able to squeeze out of him what his grade was.

Oh the joys !

Have a great weekend everyone ! Shelly:bigsmile:

H

HaoZi

Haozi and Howmuch, a week without phone calls and early trips to school is reason to celebrate!

Sharon

That it is! Then I flipped it on her and asked her if I deserved a Shamrock Shake. She decided that I did, in medium. :bigsmile: So I guess we're both improving.

kfmewes

Kind of late here. I haven't been on all day. Took a break from homework and played my new sims game until I got the kids off the bus. I guess that's my free choice. Going to bed soon. Hubby is in Cali this weekend so the next few days are going to be long for me. Hopefully I will be able to sleep without hearing my son up here getting into trouble. We shall see.