Good morning Saturday!

dreamer

Since I usually get online too late in the "real" morning to post, thought I would wish everyone a great Saturday, now. :D

We DID have a nice TV evening tonite, and we skipped fish fry and had carry out italian beef and gyros, instead, LOL.

I think spring might not be a fantasy after all, it did get warmer later today than it has been and for Saturday it is supposed to get warmer, still, and by Monday, it is supposed to be rather nice out (relatively speaking, of course:laughing:)

So, for Saturday, my son has a reunion for this thing him and easy child are involved in called MLI -(Mid Level Institute) - it is partly Operation Snowball, partly leadership training. And I think when easy child is done at work, we will teach her how to replace the headlight on dhs Jeep that she drives. :greedy:
:good_morning::good_morning:

(hey these are cute)

Have a great Saturday!!
:couple:

Marguerite

G'day, Dreamer. I'm at the other end of the time zones. It's 8.45 pm Saturday here, we just finished dinner. Just the three of us tonight - me, husband & difficult child 3. So husband & I cooked a meal we knew WE liked but one the kids tend to be a bit fussy with: beef stir-fry with toasted almonds and lots of fresh vegetables with a touch of fresh chilli. difficult child 3 got tacos - I've had a mignonette lettuce come up from seed among easy child 2/difficult child 2's roses, I shredded a few leaves with tomato for difficult child 3.

I'm always in favour of teaching the kids how to fend for themselves - I want them to do stuff for me when I'm old and frail (like next week).

I'm glad your weather is warmer - we had a fabulous day here today, a hint of autumn in the air but definitely beach weather. What a pity I had to go to a meeting! And tomorrow, another lovely day, we're having a train day. At least I can add to my tan while husband is driving little trains... I must remember to bring some marshmallows to toast over the fire. Or maybe I can make a batch of that pea and ham soup recipe designed for campfire cooking. Just for practice, mind. If it works, I'll share the recipe with you all. After all, with your summer on the way, and camping, you will love this one for practicality (as I said, if it works).

husband & I are in the final planning stages for the couple of days visit to us of two friends from Philadelphia. We've been trying to work out an itinerary of sorts, with leeway, to show them the things they want to see in our neck of the woods. With all the rain we've had east of the Great Divide over the past few months, I think they will be surprised to see so much green... well at least, not so brown. And there has been a lot of growth over summer, the forests we'll be driving through are really looking lush. Much of it is national park, and hence totally unspoiled and never developed. I just hope they have the energy left by the time they get to Sydney!

Cunard's "Queen Victoria" docked in Sydney today, leaves tomorrow night. The "Queen Elizabeth II" arrives just as "Vickie" leaves, they'll be doing a pad de deux on either side of Fort Denison (where husband & I spent part of our wedding anniversary a few weeks ago). It will be QEII's last visit to Sydney - this is the last trip as Cunard's cruise ship.

Tomorrow will be a red letter day in Sydney, lots of parades, traffic closures, fireworks in the evening - that's why we're going the opposite direction, to Wollongong.

We're not really into crowds.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

:coffee: is brewing away & I've already stolen my first cup of the morning.

Like dreamer, we're waking to warmer temps with some promised almost near freezing highs today. The snow should begin to melt. :bigsmile: Probably a bit too early to get excited about the spring plant - but I love hearing the dripping of melting snow off my roof & seeing the snow runoff heading out to the street.

kt & her PCA are out to do the mall rat thing this afternoon. husband & I have a couple of errands to run as well. As I've "failed" the mall rat exam, I've been uninvited by PCA - just those young girls, ya know.

Have a fun Saturday - no meltdowns or rages allowed on days that snow is melting!

susiestar

Roll With It
Good Morning!!

thank you has a basketball game and we are bringing drinks, so that will take up the morning. I will stay home as I jsut CAN'T sit on the "bleachers" at the Y. Though maybe if they have an open swim we could do that after? Next week - spent the last 2 days down with a nasty migraine.

I have to fold some laundry, do some cleaning, but otherwise not much. We are going to watch "Knight Rider" tonight. Jess and thank you saw it last week and fell in love with this new version.

I hope you all have a great day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all.
We went from frigid to somewhat stormy looking morning.
difficult child had a good week with not loosing his temper. Every good day for difficult child is a day with a little more hope for me.
easy child is having yet another sleep study. New neurologist wants his own testing. I really don't like relinquishing control but easy child is bound and determined to take care of his own medical follow up. I zip my lips but I will go to his next appointment with him.

husband and I are going out of town tomorrow and probably won't be on line much for the next week.

Hope spring hits the northern states soon. It has been a tough winter on you guys.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Dreamer-Glad your temps are warming up. We are too except more sleet, ice, rain, snow is expected Monday night into Tuesday. Sounds like you had a nice night!:D

Marg-Your dinner sounds delicious! Sorry you didn't get to the beach today. Glad you'll at least get to work on your tan tomorrow:beach:

Linda-Thank goodness you failed the mall rat exam!! Be sure to sneak in a nap:sleeping:

Susie-Sorry you were sick with a migraine-no fun:ill: A swim at the Y sounds like a great idea if you are up for it:swimming: Enjoy Knight Rider tonight!

It's one of those rare Saturdays that I didn't have to get up to work. I wasn't good on the eating end of things last night but enjoyed my first fish fry in two years. It was delicious!!! We also saw "No Country for Old Men". At least I've now seen two of the Oscar Nominated movies.

Today lots of little things to do. We'll go to the club:treadmill: and difficult child wants to try snowboarding (I've told him it depends on his behavior which so far hasn't been stellar). I also have to do the grocery shopping, help easy child with her hair, and get to church as tomorrow difficult child has a wrestling tournament.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day!:peaceful:

LDM-If you are reading this did you get your furniture?

LittleDudesMom

It's late morning but I couldn't resist just popping in to say "Good Saturday Morning". I was up until after 2 last night so I'm moving a little slow here this morning. Working on getting that second cup of hmj in!

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Jena

good afternoon everyone

how is everyone today??? yup late start for me i am gfgless this weekend :)

missed them last night yet i'm adjusting today.....

me i'm going to drop off our laundry go see my therapist and hopefully go riding today. i decided to do something for me. trying to get boyfriend's daughter to come with me riding partner makes it better. it's cold here yet that's when its' most beautiful in the snow on the beach running with them. love it.

hope everyone has great day.

:)

Jen