Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, people. We're at easy child's place on our way back home from a week away, visiting my sister. We stayed at a time share place near where she lives, in a holiday resort. Kind of weird, staying in a place like that but still mostly following our usual daily school routine. difficult child 3 would work all morning on schoolwork, then we would go for a drive to visit my sister or check out a local tourist attraction, then we would go back to our unit in time to collect some games gear and spend the evening playing pool or table tennis. Loads of seafood especially prawns and oysters. YUM! A short walk away from our unit was an oyster lease which also sold other seafood.

Very cold weather, unbelievably cold. We were staying in what is supposed to be sub-tropics, and it was below 10 C at night and often in the afternoon - the other evening on sunset, it was down to 6 C and getting colder. Really bizarre!

Also, difficult child 1 who was minding our house and pets rang us with sad news - our darling budgie died. We don't know what happened and I feel so guilty - I was worried the bird would fret for difficult child 3. Such a tame little thing, he would spend his days sitting on difficult child 3's shoulder. difficult child 3 is handling it very well but sad to lose his close feathered friend. He wants us to get another budgie as soon as possible, it could be as soon as Monday.
N
I've only got a short minute here or there to post, I'll post more after we get home tomorrow. I have a lot of work to do!

Enjoy your Saturday!

Marg

tiredmommy

Marg- So sorry to hear about your little budgie, {{{hugs}}} to difficult child 3.Otherwise, your vacation sounds great. :)

Duckie is sleeping in this morning after a week of getting up early for camp. I woke up because the kitties were hungry. Not a lot on tap for today: altar guild and cleaning is all.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

LittleDudesMom

:beautifulthing: Good Saturday Morning Friends!

Marg, great to hear from you this morning!! Sorry about difficult child's little budgie. Glad to hear you had a nice time on your trip to see your sister.

TM, glad to hear the you and duckie had a great camp week! I'm sure this will be a day of catch up for both of you!!

We had a really fun dinner last night at the Japanese steak house! difficult child and easy child's boyfriend really bonded last night. It's so cool to see difficult child in teen mode!

I'm making pancakes for the troops this morning and then I'll head to the gym for a 10 am class. A nap is on my schedule!

Have a great Saturday all :peaceful:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning everyone.
Marguerite, brrrrrrrrrrrr about the weather. Guess you hit a really cold spell. Hope it warms up. How nice to get a chance to visit your family. So sorry to hear about little budgie. Good news about difficult child 3 handling it well.

TM, nice that Duckie is sleeping a bit. I'm sure she is exhausted from all the fun activities.

LDM, what a fun evening. It's nice to see the kids growing up and holding their own.

I'm at mom's. in Pa. to do a check in. I flew in and will stay a week. She seems to be doing ok. Not really changing her pattern much. I'm trying to keep my frustration in check.

difficult child is responsible for my sweet puppies and seems to be handling Honeysue's pill schedule. husband is going to start working on difficult child doing a light activity work out to start the process of taking off the weight and getting healthier.

It's gray dismal and rainy just like I remember in the summer of my youth.
Hope you all have a fun Saturday.

M

ML

Marg - I miss you! I am glad to hear you are having a good time. I am very sorry about budgie. difficult child still cries for pb, the cocktiel that got out almost a year ago now. I feel so guilty for not clipping his wings sooner.

TM I'm glad duckie is sleeping in. Try not to do too much work today :)

Sharon - pancakes and nap, I want to come to your house and live!

Fran - Glad to hear mom is doing relatively well. I am interested in hearing about difficult child's light workout. I want to start one with d.

I woke up too early, not sure why I am doing that lately. We have a fun day planned of horseback riding and swimming at the lake. I'm taking difficult child and one of his little girlfriends. I'm worried about the heat though. How hot can those horses take it? It's supposed to hit 100 AGAIN. Ugh.