Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

We've had a lazy day today. While not exactly sunburnt form yesterday, I had enough sun to know that I couldn't take any chances outside today. I did go out in the morning with sister in law & mother in law to see a couple of local art galleries, but they were uncharacteristically shut. Maybe tomorrow, but I don't think so. Certainly they'll be there next weekend.

Today wasn't as hot as was expected, it only got to 27 C (80F). Tomorrow will be hotter, as well as humid because we've just had an hour of large storms rolling through. Not a lot of rain - maybe a few mm, that's all. I still need to water the garden. Quite a light show, though.

We're about to go down to mother in law's for dinner tonight. I'm roasting a chook (chicken) and vegetables, mother in law is grilling lamb & rosemary sausages and making a salad. The girls (husband's nieces and easy child) went to a movie today plus we're having another movie night tonight. It seems to be the pattern of our existence at the moment - have a relaxing day, eat leftovers for lunch and then cook something new for dinner, providing more leftovers.

Tomorrow - who knows? We'll talk tonight around the dinner table. easy child is heading home tomorrow, we might use the opportunity to drive her to the station, to go to the post-Christmas sales. Otherwise she'll have to catch the boat, then the longer train journey, which will add another hour to her trip home.

The hot weather is definitely here - the pattern is of hot days with an afternoon storm. Then clearing to another hot day, another storm in the mid to late afternoon, and so on. By the time we go outside to walk to mother in law's, the air will be cool, clear and smelling of fresh warm rain. Any remaining raindrops are pleasant to stand in. By the time we come home, the sting will be gone from the day and the evening can sometimes be cool enough to need a light cotton shirt over the usual summer singlet top. When the wind has been strong we can smell the sea, from the waves crashing onto the sandstone cliffs of our nearby headland. Yesterday the great yacht race began - the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race. While we were driving to the next village we could see the yachts sailing south, many of them with the spinnakers out, pulling them fast through the water. The news at midday today said the leading yachts had already reached Bass Strait, the edge of mainland Australia. That's 24 hours, from Sydney Harbour. Close to record speeds.

I know many of you are locked in with cold, it's deep winter for you. If I can help you imagine what it's like having a summer Christmas, maybe it can give you a bright spot in a cold day.

By tomorrow my skin should tolerate the sun again. If we get a chance, we'll get to the beach maybe later in the day, if the daily storm doesn't beat us to it.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Marg - Thank you for the mini visual vacation to sunshine and warmth. It sounds nice where you are. I hope you can enjoy post Christmas sales.

I should not be up and will go to bed again shortly. I had a coughing spurt that requires me to sit up to help calm it. It has been awhile since this cough has been this bad. I have an annual physical in about three weeks with a new doctor at a different facility - I hope to explore some causes of it and get some answers.

husband says he may go to his farm land today depending on the weather. easy child is babysitting the neighbor kids so the boy may come over to play with difficult child. I would like to go into work for awhile so will see what time I get up. Otherwise maybe tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. I haven't watched the weather forecast but have heard another storm coming in. Doesn't feel like it though.

I have a decision to make regarding visiting my parents. My sister who lives 3 - 4 hours from both me and my parents plans to be at mom and dad's Monday afternoon and go home Tuesday. I can take a day trip there Monday to see her. However, husband plans on Working Monday and Tuesday (maybe even Wed?) and we go to his cousins on Thursday. So, if he comes with, it looks like I will need to wait until next weekend and miss seeing my sister. I am leaning on going on Monday without husband to visit my youngest sister.

O.K., time to try sleep again! See you all in a few hours. Woes be to the person who gets me up early.

Have a great day and find a way to make your difficult child laugh!

Rabbit

Good Morning All!
Marg- Your post made me long for Summer! Hope u
Enjoy it! Warm days and the beach sound wonderful!
Andy- Hope u feel beter and the new doctor can help u.

Hope everyone has a great day with no melt downs.
I am planning a quiet day with difficult children 1,2 and 3.
Sending hugs. Rabbit

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-I love hearing about your warm weather! It's nice you had a lazy day today.

Andy-I hope you are sleeping away by now! I think if I were you I would go to make sure you see your sister (of course, my sister and I haven't seen each other in 3 years and I can't wait to see her-she's super busy with school and work).

Rabbit-Enjoy your quiet day.

Well, we made the trip to Green Bay yesterday and other than a few outbursts by difficult child both kids did really well!

This morning it is very foggy here and 47 degrees which is really warm for this time of the year by us. They are calling for rain and some possible flooding if much of the snow starts melting.

I'm off to work in a bit and then at some point today I'm going to the health club-it's been far too long for me-the longest break I've had in the past 15 or more years. I also plan on taking a nap. It's going to be a lazy day with leftovers for supper.

Wishing everyone a very peaceful day.:peaceful:

K

Kjs

Marg - I cannot imagine Christmas without the cold and snow. But I would like to join you in the sunshine.

Andy - hope you get some rest. Coughing takes a lot out of you.

Rabbit - Have a great day with the difficult child's

Wiped out - We must be neighbor's and both from Green Bay too. We have the same weather. Just need you to drag me to the health club!

I finish my work week at noon today. easy child and girlfriend went to Green Bay yesterday. They will visit with his cousin and my sister and hubby. Sunday they will go to the Packer game.
Apparently girlfriend lost her job Friday. I told that when I got up for work. What a lousy thing to do the day after xmas. company downsizing..

A week ago we got 14 inches of snow and schools closed. Then it was -30's wind chill. When I came to work at midnight it was 53 degrees. Some awfully thick fog that had you literally stop because you couldn't see the road. Flood warnings all over due to all the snow and now the thunderstorms and warm weather.

Storm drains are covered by hugh snow piles. It was January 7th last year that a tornado hit our town. Here I told difficult child tornado's don't happen in winter. He had just walked out of school for the day when the sirens went off.

Tomorrow it is off to Wisconsin Dells with difficult child and a friend. I plan on enjoying the whirlpool, while I am sure difficult child and friend have other plans.

LittleDudesMom

:gingerbread: Good Morning Friends!

Marg, sounds like you are having a nice time with family! Enjoy your evening.

Adrianne, I would choose to see my sister if I were you. You never know when another visit will happen. I'm all for seeing family whenever possible!

Rabbit, have a good day with the kids!

Sharon, I'm with you girl - I went to the gym on Christmas Eve morning but haven't been back since! I'll get there! Enjoy your workout and your nap!!

Kjs, sounds like you have a nice little trip planned - enjoy the whirlpool!

This is my second time up today. I was up at 4 am with easy child as she was leaving for New York at 5. This trip has been planned for several months and she has been saving money and looking forward to it. It's all about shopping this trip! No plays or sightseeing - just shopping! Her best friend's mom took them up (along with boyfriend's sister who is a senior in college). They have friends that live in in the village who are out of town until the 30th. They are staying at their apartment! easy child took all her Christmas money - which was all she asked for; New York Shopping Money - and headed out at little before 5 am.

My plan for today is to get the house a little straigtened and do some laundry. difficult child is also requesting I watch at least on of his "Band of Brothers" dvds he received for Christmas (I got him the whole series) - so that's on the agenda along with popcorn!

I hope your Saturday is a good one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Saturday morning all.

Marguerite, sounds like a nice pattern of movies, sun, rain and family. Of course food. What would life be without food.

Adrianne, hope you get to see your sister if the weather stays stable. Good luck with the doctor visit. Must be awful to have such coughing fits. Sleep well.

Rabbit, enjoy your peaceful day too. I think by now all of us need one.

Wiped out, hope you make it to the health club finally. I got a nap yesterday. It was lovely. Weird weather.

Kjs, weird weather up your way. My baby sis is east of St. Paul. She calls daily to complain bitterly of the weather. LOL.
Too bad about difficult child's girlfriend. My middle sis was laid off 4 days before Christmas. She is upset but working towards finding another job. Not a very nice Christmas gift. They were all blindsided. : (

LDM, what a good idea about heading to NYC for shopping after Christmas.
I'm sure she will have a blast. Gives you a chance to have quality time with difficult child and a little quiet time.

We are organizing a famous Fran household ballet with all 4 of us going in different directions. easy child is driving back to florida. Seems I'm going with him to accompany easy child as he meets with head of Health services. He has some reports and testing to negate the activity limitations he has been put under. I will fly home Monday afternoon since mom is still here. husband is going to Palm Springs overnight Sunday. difficult child is tending the dogs and keeping mom company since he is going to Philly on Tuesday to spend NYE with a friend. My mom doesn't leave for another week but she isn't too much trouble. I am looking forward to some real quiet in the house now.

Funny how cooperative difficult child is when he has something to gain from it.

Today may be the day I make that wonderful sounding souffle recipe that was posted in with-c.
Have a peaceful day.