Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

We've had a glorious day in sunny Newcastle, got a lot done. easy child took me with her to her dress fitting. The dress is lovely, but in the sunlight the colour of the outer layer looks wrong, so the dressmaker is going to change it. Otherwise - all going well.
We then went to the train open day where husband had gone, for miniature steam trains. It was a members convention. First time we've been to this place, it is really well put together, we loved it. easy child had a look around too. We had a couple of rides, there were other people we knew there as well, from husband's regular club.

We headed back to easy child's place where BF1 & difficult child 3 hadstayed behind. On the way we dropped in to check out the place the kids have booked for teir wedding, and booked to have lunch there tomorrow.

WHen we got back to easy child's, difficult child 3 was actually doing some maths! Amazing! He didn't do a vast amount, but any is good. We had a quiet afternoon with difficult child 3 alternately playing DVDs and doing maths while easy child & I stuffed wedding invitations into envelopes. Then we watched a movie and went out to dinner - a good feed but a budget one, buffet.

And now I'm here, wondering where everyone is. I went for a stroll paddling at the edge of the lake before we left for dinner - I discovered that ankle-deep water can sometimes be treacherous, I found a patch where the surface wasn't solid, it was ooze up to my thigh! Amazingly I made it to shore without getting more than the hem of my dress wet!

Tomorrow my brother and his wife are visiting to check out the jetty here to see if the draft is deep enough for his yacht. Then we'll go out to lunch at the reception place to check out the food, then head for home. We want to beat the Sunday evening rush back to Sydney, we had a horrible time fighting our way north out of the city on Friday.

I'm definitely sleeping better on the prednisone, it is helping the pain. It's not all gone, but much more bearable. But it is giving me more appetite, I ate far too much at dinner, although I enjoyed it all immensely.

Enjoy your Saturday. I'm planning another short sleep-in tomorrow morning.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

Ahhh, Saturday is finally here:whew: I thought it would never get here!
Still I'm up early due to working this morning. I'm starting the day with a throbbing headache that I hope will be gone soon.

difficult child is at respite for the weekend, he had the usual tears running down his face and I felt sorry for him but also a sense of relief for the weekend ahead. When I get home from work this morning I am going to sleep for awhile.

We have some cleaning to do but later this afternoon husband and I are going to a movie and then out to dinner. We bought easy child her favorite pizza and she will love having the house alone for a few hours.

Wishing everyon a peaceful weekend:flower:

K

Kjs

Good Morning

Marg - you describe your area so beautifully. A stroll on the waters edge sounds so very relaxing after a busy day. I envy you. Becareful in the night out there.

Sharon - oh, how I wish I had a date to go to dinner or movie. sounds like a good day planned. Hope your headache subsides shortly.

Day 3 alone. Could get use to this. Happy in one way, but sad in another. No phone calls, no text messages. I logged on to verizon to text difficult child and saw that he has been texting friends, calling them, same with easy child. That makes me sad that nobody texted me. So I decided against sending a text.

Had plans today with a friend, but a snow storm moved in early morning and up to 8 inches and blowing snow is expected. I don't know if I want to venture out. Maybe bake some cookies and watch a movie before heading out to shovel.

Have a great day.

Janna

Morning ladies,

Well, I just typed up this long post LOL, to have it gone? Ha, didn't realize there were two threads.

So - ok,

Marg, I can't believe difficult child 3 was doing math on his OWN?! Wow. He is so stinkin' smart. I know you're very proud of him.

Sharon, thank goodness for respite. I hope you are able to take this time to relax. I'm thinking more and more about the respite use. In hindsight, I wish I would have opted for that months ago, maybe I wouldn't be in the position of having to Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) right now.

Kjs, I'll take some cookies. Chocolate chip, please! I'm so jealous you get quiet time. Enjoy it.

This has been a week from he&&. I'm glad it's over. No appointments today. Nowhere to run. Thank God.

D is quiet, he has his PSP. J just got out of a 20 min time out already LOL. Amazing how sweet and perfect he is after a time out. It won't last forever LMAO!

We have all 4 kids today. I have helpers. In home therapist does her 4 hours this morning, we will help D prepare for Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). Then I'm cleaning and junking stuff. Our landlord is selling our place. We have an enormous house. If we have to move, 1/2 this stuff is gonna have to go. So, I'm going through closets and toyboxes to try to condense a little.

If anyones in need of toys or clothes....stop over!

Have a good day!

LittleDudesMom

:D Good Morning!

Marg, sounds like you are getting everything done as well as having a nice time. Glad you didn't slip in the muck!

Sharon, sounds like you have a nice Saturday planned. Enjoy the movie tonight.

Kjs, sorry the boys haven't been in touch. Warm cookies and a movie AND snow - I'll be there shortly!!

Janna, good morning. Glad the weekend has finally arrived for you! Wishes that the quiet lasts a good long time!

I can't believe it's 8:45 and I'm just getting to the morning thread!!! Had a great sleep in until 8 this morning! That's like sleeping to noon for most folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Very low key day planned. easy child, who has healed wonderfully, is heading about an hour south to spend the afternoon and eveing with a friend at college. She is the daughter of one of my best friends and they have been trying to plan this for months! difficult child and I went to Blockbuster yesterday and rented a movie for the two of us and purchased one of those big buckets of micro popcorn for tonight!

I have a little cleaning to do this morning, nothing major. I may see if difficult child wants to go swimming and take him to the gym with me for some laps.

I hope your Saturday is restful and peaceful.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It's a cold, crisp, cloudless day. Looks gorgeous but pretty chilly.

Marguerite, good news about the prednisone helping. Sleep is so important.
You have had quite the year in wedding prep. I'm sure she will be gorgeous.
I'm impressed with difficult child 3 doing math.Yay!!!

Wiped out, I'm glad to hear that you and husband have some respite. Enjoy it. Hopefully easy child will use the quiet time to settle herself. Teenagers are not for wimps, that's for sure.

Kjs, 3 days alone does sound like heaven. Enjoy. I'll pass on 8inches of snow though. : )

Janna, can't believe someone is able to sell a house. Too bad it's the one you live in. I have been away and haven't caught up so I didn't know about Residential Treatment Facility (RTF). I'll get to all the threads eventually. Don't work too hard.

LDM, I'll have to look for the thread about easy child's healing. Hope it wasn't anything too traumatic.
A day of movies and popcorn sounds great.

husband and I had to be out of town for a week for a work thing. Got back yesterday but husband is down with a bug. difficult child took care of house and dogs. He did ok but the dogs looked very happy to have their parents back. House is somewhat standing and difficult child only looked marginally unkept. Not a 100% success but not a total failure.

Today it's unpacking, laundry, mail, restocking the refrig and generally getting back to the routine. I need to get all this stuff done to head back to Texas to deal with hurricane disaster repairs and pick up mom at sis's house. Not a slow paced month at all.

Hope you all have a productive Sat. I want to crawl back into bed for a few more hours but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Snow......5 inches of snow is on the ground even as we speak. Overnight snow! I hate waking up to snow like this so late in the season. Sharon (ldm) , come on over, play in the snow.

Kay, done whining. Geeeeez.

kt woke before I did & kept herself quietly involved on the computer. She & I are here alone today ~ wm will call shortly & I'll have to disappoint him that we cannot come up today or tomorrow unless I can get staffing in for kt tomorrow. (There was a change in respite weekends & it's thrown off all my staffing.)

kt & I must make a short trip to Target for dog & cat food. As long as we're out we'll head over to Michael's & check out art/craft supplies on sale. I need a sketch book (mine is filled); kt is doing Native American art in school & would like to check out beads. I told her she must design something before I'd be willing to purchase. I refuse to buy something else that will sit & collect dust. Times are too tight.

Have a wonderful day.

Happy Saturday Morning. difficult child#2 came and snuggled with me in bed this morning, I live for these happy quiet times :) I have shopping plans for the day with both of my kiddos that is so not fun but we will deal and maybe stop for lunch. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!