Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Today went better than yesterday. A full day but productive. First I collected easy child 2/difficult child 2 and we went to the florist to talk about her wedding bouquets. After that I collected a friend who was coming to the afternoon meeting with me. Together we did a bit of shopping, easy child 2/difficult child 2 bought the last fabric she needs (for her flower girl's dress, we're going to work on it all in a week or so). Then I went to her jeweller, he's the same one who miraculously managed to get my engagement ring offf my puffy fingers for me. Time to get the stone re-set, now I've had it valued and have the paperwork on it. I remembered my wedding ring - it's never been off my hand since we married and it too has been far too tight. There have been times I couldn't even turn it round on my finger. But he managed to get it off too. My finger is sore, but at least he didn't have to cut it off.

So I'm getting my engagement ring re-set and both rings are being enlarged (a full size increase). It should only take a week, but my hand feels naked.

Our afternoon meeting went well, very efficiently. I've got a list of things to do until the next meeting.

Tomorrow I have a lot of more routine things to do at home. Here's hoping I have the energy as well as the time to do it all!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:beach_ball:Good Saturday Morning from the south!

Marg, glad the jeweler could get the rings off! Glad you had a productive day today. Rest well tonight.

I'm almost done "reorganizing" the second floor since easy child's departure. Got difficult child's new purple bathroon done yesterday. Today is about tying up loose ends up there. Perfect timing too - mom called and is coming in town next week :wildone:!

I also have some downstairs cleaning to do and prep for a bbq I'm having tonight with a few friends. I'm doing bbq chicken. I found this great garlic bbq sauce from a stand at one of our local farmers' markets. I'm going to bake the chicken this morning with garlic and onions then just reheat and coat with sauce on the grill :bbq:.

difficult child and I had our pizza/movie night last night. Unfortunately he chose a movie off of FearNet on our OnDemand. Pretty gross......:highvoltage:

Hope your Saturday is a good one.

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, I hadn't taken off my rings until they had to be cut off a few years back due to my illness & the fast swelling ~ I know that feeling very very well. Your ring will be back on your finger before you know it.

Sharon, sounds like a busy and fun day ahead for you. The bbq sauce sounds wonderful.

I'm out to work in my yard ~ clean bird feeders & water before it gets to warm to be outside.

I have an emergency appointment with neuro doctor this afternoon - you know this & that kind of stuff that drives doctor's nuts.

Have a good one all.

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL
:D:D:D
Marg - Isn't is weird how our rings shrink over time? I had to have mine off while pregnant - I think I finally gave up ever having the finger shrink back to fit the ring so I had the ring enlarged so I can wear it. Wonder how many of us like me just checked our rings after reading about your day? Yep, tight but still can get off. I take mine off to wash dishes and some cleaning jobs so it is used to coming on and off.

Little Dude's Mom - Sounds like a busy day ahead for you!

Timer - I hope you get lots of yard work done before the heat catches your area.

husband has difficult child out taking down his tent and mowing. I so wanted to hang out towels today but looks too much like rain. I will check the radar to see if there will be a window of dry air long enough to dry towels.

I cleaned the bathroom this morning and need to find the kitchen and dining room. The living room is almost ready for Diva's kick-off Sensaria Party tommorrow evening. She needs to borrow the neighbor's shampooer and shampoo the carpet.

We took the old worn out couch out of the living room yesterday and to the dump! Makes the living room so much larger! We also rented some folding chairs for the party. Next weekend husband and difficult child go to sister in law's home to bring back a love seat. No more couches for me! They are too big even though we do have a large living room. I used to love large furniture but as my brain shrinks so does the size of the furniture I want to deal with. I have learned it is easier to move smaller things! :)

Guess I better get to work. I told Diva that we will not even think of what we are serving until the house is ready to have people in. She wants me to make the taco salad but will need something to go with it.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.