Good Morning Saturday

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Marguerite, Feb 27, 2010.

  1. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day, folks.

    I had a busier day than I perhaps should have, but I had tried to get out of as much as I could.

    The day began with a friend visiting with a large bunch of flowers. She then stayed to help me declutter a little (I had to call a halt, things were beginning to hurt a bit much) then I had a meeting to go to (husband drove). I got done what I had to do, then we headed home via the supermarket for dinner supplies. husband bought a chook while I bought some fruit & vegetables.

    We went straight to mother in law's place (stopping home for a few minutes to grab stuff) where I got dinner on (roast chicken and roast vegetables I'd had peeled earlier) then I went to lie down for an hour or so. I needed that rest!

    We ate dinner at MILs (she still needs our help to make sure she's eating right) then I headed home to get in touch with you guys and get to bed a bit earlier (hopefully).

    Tomorrow we head to the train track (if I'm up to it). The local anaesthetic is wearing off, should all be gone by tomorrow, so I'll be able to know exactly what I can handle. I'll be able to spend the day resting in the car if I need to. I'm taking lots of cushions plus a book to read. Grabbing leftovers from the fridge plus the fruit & Turkish bread I bought this afternoon, for a picnic lunch. husband is ready to leave early if I need him to, we'll stop at the fish market on the way home (fish for dinner) then the drive home takes us past some of the best beaches on the east coast.

    How I go tomorrow will tell me if I'm well enough to go into the city on Monday afternoon for play rehearsals. In the drama group they know I've had surgery, but not what for. I told them I was having a day surgery procedure, they don't need to know any more than that. So if I don't turn up, they'll be OK with it. But there will be some new stuff there, I'd like to be there at least for that. But not if I'm still too fragile.

    Oh well. Today has been busy, productive and informative (in terms of what I can handle). Well see what tomorrow brings.

    For now, it's time for me to go to bed.

    have a good Saturday, everyone.

  2. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

    :good_morning: Good Morning Marg and all to follow!

    Marg, glad to hear that you are feeling well and are up and about - if not back to your normal busy self! Take it easy tomorrow - it's Sunday which means day of rest and all that....

    So I woke at 4 yesterday morning and hit the sack a little earlier than usual for a friday night, about 10:30 - and low and behold I couldn't sleep past 5 this morning!

    Just a few little things to do around here. A friend's daughter is having her junior concert tonight (she's an opera major) and I think I might drive down to hear her - it's about an hour and 15 away, easy child was going to go but she has to work, but I would like to be there to support her.

    Other than that, only thing on my schedule is a nap!

    Have a great Saturday.

  3. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning All,

    Marg-Please be sure you are getting enough rest-hopefully you are sleeping by now:sleeping:
    Sharon-The concert sounds nice-enjoy that and your nap!:singer: (I know she doesn't look like an opera singer but it's the closest I could get!)

    difficult child is off to respite and I did something I haven't done in years. Nothing exciting but I'm not much of a late night person and I was up til 3:00 watching tv. My body usually won't tolerate that well. Since I didn't have to work and difficult child was gone I knew I could sleep as late as needed. Could someone please tell me why I was wide awake at 7:00 a.m? Fortunately I can nap when the urge hits today.

    Other than a nap and a visit to the health club there is nothing else on my agenda!

    Wishing everyone a peaceful day:kisses: