Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

All my baking yesterday had to be taken to the Village Fair this morning. It's the first time we've had a produce competition for this fair. Judging was at midday, there was a chance I could bake one last fruit loaf - but it went a bit awry plus it didn't come out of the oven until nearly 1 pm. They had said to bring it down anyway, but as it turned out, the doors were definitely closed for judging. Plus I wasn't happy with it.

They opened up again after 2 pm, I waited for a phone call to tell me I'd won (hoping) but no call, so I figured I hadn't. Still, I wanted to see the produce plus the art exhibition next door. When husband and sis-in-law got home, we went down and had a look at it all.

The art is beautiful, I loved looking at it. We went round to the produce section - and I had won a 1st (my tomato relish), a 2nd (my herb vinegar) and a 3rd (plain loaf of bread). My flavoured breads - nowhere. Nobody's flavoured bread placed. Which makes me think - this year, the first, was just too difficult. Even though it was anonymous I recognised some sweet yeast buns a friend of mine makes, they are fabulous but didn't place anywhere either. So maybe next year they will have a special section. I really don't think the judges knew what it was, probably took a bite, thinking it was ordinary bread, and thought, "Yuk! It's too sweet!" For my plain loaf to beat her buns - something not quite right there.

The main fair is on tomorrow, I've been looking forward to it. But it turns out easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I have a play rehearsal in the city. Darn! I missed the last one (too ill post-surgery) and can't miss this one. So I'm planning on getting the heck out of the city and back home to the fair, as fast as I can.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-Congrats on your placings! I would love the tomato relish recipe!!! I hope the play rehearsal goes quickly so you can enjoy much of the fair tomorrow-sounds like a lot of fun!

After two Saturdays off, I'm back to work this morning. Should not be a fun weigh in as I haven't weighed in for three weeks and haven't been eating the best-yikes! Oh well, back to reality.

After work I'll probably take a nap before going to the health club and then before going to visit difficult child, we're going to go shopping for new glasses (I didn't realize during the week the places closed so early).

Tonight we'll be watching movies but I think the others want to watch Rosemary's baby which scares the bejeebies out of me-so I'll play some games on the computer while it's on or read a book.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Congratulations Marg!! I have always been encouraged to enter baked or canned goods but have never done so. I'm so happy for you - living vicariously through your brave soul!

Sharon, don't worry about weigh in, every day is a new day! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think anyway. Hope work goes well. I hated Rosemary's Baby. H wants to go see Shutter Island tonight, I'm scared. lol.

Well, still no washer so I am off to the laundrymatic this morning with difficult child, then home to clean the house. Shouldn't be that bad today and difficult child can do the bathroom for me since scrubbing the tub hurts my back. Later I will hit up the grocers for some fresh produce and staples. Wondering if I should offer to do easy child's laundry since she's so sick, but I'm just angry with her. Something I have to work out.

The weather here stinks so as much as I'd like to start yard clean up, it is not going to happen this weekend. Naps and reading, maybe a visit with a friend at some point. I know! I can finish painting the house number tiles I've made for the front of the house. Yeah, that's what I will do later.

Enjoy the day everyone - and hello to anyone who may have snuck in!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Marg, like Sharon, I would love the relish recipe! I adore tomatoes and will be growing them this summer. Could you post the recipe for us? Enjoy your second day at the fair!

Sharon, I've really been off the board all week so I need to check into where difficult child is.....Rosemary's Baby was never on of my favs - it is creepy but I have never been a fan of the "devil movies.

Jog, nice to see you on a morning post! Sounds like a pretty relaxing Saturday for you - enjoy!

Like Sharon and Jo, I was actually planning a nap today. But, I slept in until 8:20! I was mentally and physically exhausted yesterday from the hectic week I've had. Today I was planning on opening the patio for the first grill and eat outside of the season. But, there is rain off and on forecast all day. The menu was actually a big salad and tons of herb roasted veggies (no meat) and I can roast the veggies in the oven. So we'll still gather but just inside!

A good Saturday wished for all.

Sharon