Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day people.

It's been a fairly quiet day today. I had a meeting on the mainland, but it was shorter than usual. Then home (no shopping or other errands) and we had our usual evening at mother in law's place, and just got home.

Tomorrow we have our opera concert, after 8 weeks of rehearsals as a choir with our resident opera singer. She did a concert on Mothers Day, there is still an ad for it on YouTube. http://wn.com/MOTHER'S_DAY__OPERA_IN_THE_GALLERY_with_DESIREE_REGINA

It should be an interesting afternoon. I enjoyed the Mothers Day concert - the gallery overlooks the sea and the resident artist's work is all around. mother in law is coming too but it will take a bit of effort to get her up those steps.

I'll let you know tomorrow how the concert went. Be aware - we are rank amateurs who joined an evening opera class with the diva, purely for something to do. Collectively we have no talent except that imposed on us by our illustrious tutor. So don't go getting any ideas!

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
.​
It is cold here today. Winter cold that I am afraid is here to stay. husband took difficult child out to the "farm" today. He has some projects he would like difficult child to help with. Then husband will drop difficult child off at a birthday party not too far from the "farm". difficult child wants to ask Diva's boyfriend to go bowling tonight but I think difficult child will be too tired.

That leaves the day for myself. I am going to work on the living room. Last weekend husband brought home a stray couch and cleaned out the garage putting a decorative table and a bookshelf that I was using for a garage sale in the living room. The living room overflowth with furniture so I need to figure it out. I may ask the person who ended up with the matching couch to our love seat if they want that.

Everyone have a great day!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Marg, rest up hard tonight for your concert tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Andy, enjoy the time to yourself! I love rearranging and doing decorating stuff!

I'm on my way out to our local oriental market. I'm having company for dinner and am going to make some Thai Pad Prik. Need to get some red paste, coconut milk, some fresh spring rolls, and check out their veggies to see if they have some fresh green beans - if not, it'll be a quick run to the grocer. When I get home I will go ahead and chop the veggies, precook the chicken and make the sauce. That way when it's close to dinner, I just have to quickly saute the veggies and then add them and the chicken to the sauce. I'll also be making a pumpkin spice cake for dessert!

difficult child and I are three weeks behind on our Dexter shows. We talked about trying to catch up on a few this afternoon....

I hope your Saturday is a great one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful crisp sunny autumn day.
Marguerite, nice to hear that there is a quieter day in your busy schedule. The opera sounds like a nice event.
Andy, enjoy your day to yourself. I'm sure it doesn't happen too often. Brrrrrrr about winter being on the way.
Sharon, what time should I be there for dinner? Sounds yummy.
Today is general house stuff and packing for the drive to Orlando. I'm looking forward to see easy child. husband and difficult child will meet us on Tuesday.
easy child is working so we are having Thanksgiving with him in Florida. Unfortunately, he is scheduled to work through Christmas!!! I'm not
too happy. It will be the first time we aren't all together for Christmas. : ( Trying to not let it drain the joy out of the season.

difficult child's program had an open house on Thursday. difficult child directed traffic!!! LOL. I guess he was a good volunteer and a cheerful helper. I'm
happy to hear he is working as hard to help the program as the parents are. It was a big success for the new, fledgling program. He continues
to do well with maintaining his apartment, finances and grocery shopping with my sister checking in. Fingers are still crossed.

Guess I should get to work. The kitchen is calling me. Have a great day.