Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day people.

I've been a bit MIA lately. The advent of daylight saving plus working on my book has slowed down my active posting for a while especially on the morning thread.

Book - done, except for epilogue. Three weeks ahead of my personal deadline. That gives me time to get some initial editing done, because now the real work starts.

Everything else - today was a wonderful summery day. I went along to a friend's son's school for their school fair, to help staff a stall advertising our upcoming writers festival (hence my deadline). I'm good at spruiking but I don't like doing it for more than four hours or so. I didn't wear sunscreen, I haven't checked but I think I escaped sunburn thanks to getting my initial summer tan on Magnetic Island a few weeks ago. I also sat outside in the sun yesterday afternoon getting my dose of Vitamin D. Despite my dark skin I began to colour up quickly, so it's not before time that I begin the careful tanning. And to blazes with the Cancer Council's paranoia - low Vitamin D is also implicated in increases in breast cancer, so they can take their anti-sun propaganda and stick it in their pipe and smoke it. Of course getting sunburnt is not sensible. Getting a non-burn tan is the best protection, as well as healthiest option in my book. We still don't know enough about the hazards of nano-particles in sunscreens.

I'll get off my soap box now. About to head down to mother in law's for our usual Saturday night seafood dinner - prawns, pan-fried fish (no flour, no batter, just pan-fry it in a little butter).

Tomorrow we head down to play mini-trains again. We missed out last time because of torrential rain. They postponed it a week but we were away in the tropics. husband got a phone call just as we arrived for a seafood breakfast with the family on Magnetic Island - "Mate, the running day's called off, it's hissing down here." (I think he said 'hissing').
husband took great delight in saying, "Mate, it's sunny here, and hot. We just went for a swim, the water's 25 C (77 F)."

His mate said something unprintable and hung up.

Gotta love an Aussie summer...

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Congrats on your book being completed except for the epilogue!! I agree with you about the sun, however, at least I want it to be true because I'm one who also loves the sun.

Tonight is husband's 50th birthday party (although he doesn't turn 50 til next week). I did a ton of baking yesterday along with some cooking of sloppy joes for the party. I still might make some brownies too. Also I'm suppose to go to a mandatory meeting at ww but with my bad back and all the running around we'll see.

Wishing all a peaceful day!