Good morning Saturday

Marguerite

Okay, it's now Sunday here, but as usual whenever it's me posting the morning thread, I match it to the site's time.

We had a busy day today, but pleasant. My meeting went well, the woman who causes me a lot of grief (and who was the reason they wanted me to chair this group, because I can control her) was not there again. So it was really easy. We got a lot done, had fun doing it.

I did a bit of shopping, headed home, had time for a short rest before heading down to mother in law's.

Trouble now - husband is in a lot more pain than usual tonight so he takes either pain killers or sleeping pills. And right now he's snoring. Loudly. I sleep with ear plugs but it won't help tonight. Do you think it's too late to sew a tennis ball into the back of his pyjamas? Somehow I don't think he'd notice...

Oh well. I've got some paperwork to do. I can still have the light off before 1 am. Or head for the spare room...

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

TerryJ2

Yay! So glad you were able to chair the mtng and have a successful mtng. and accomplish a lot. THAT's a relief.
So sorry about the snoring and the painkillers. At least he's sleeping. I'd be in another room ... ;) Oh, wait, that's what you just wrote, lol. I have to stop speed reading. :)

difficult child woke me at 8:15 when I specifically told him not to wake me until 9 a.m.
At 8:30, I heard barking. difficult child came in and said, "Mr. C is here."
OH NO!!! I forgot! I'm pet sitting this weekend!
I swish a toothbrush across my teeth and zoom downstairs ... in my pink and red martini pjs. Arrgh.
He and his wife are bright eyed and bushy tailed (as my dad used to say) I and am profusely apologetic. And difficult child is happy because now I'm up and he can have to TV cord for his XBox.

He's going to help me plant a few flowers today, do the laundry, and then he has a baseball game at 3:00.
And he shaved! Yaaayyy! (He let me touch his face. Very nice.)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Marg-So glad you had a pleasant day. Sorry you are not sleeping because of husband's snoring!

Terry-I hate when my days begin unexpectedly! Planting flowers sounds nice.

Didn't get much sleep last night; I hate nights when my brain won't stop! Only slept about 3 hours Thankfully husband had me try to go back to sleep at 9 this morning and I slept til 11:30(at least a couple more hours).

This afternoon husband and I are going to the health club. I'm going to take it easy as it will be my first day back. I also have grocery shopping that needs to be done and I want to try a new dinner recipe tonight. Also I need to get to the store to buy some new shoes. Starting Monday we go outside for boot camp so I need new shoes because the ones I'm currently wearing won't see the inside of my house again and will go straight to the garbage come October 1st when we go back inside.

Wishing all a beautiful day!

buddy

I have no idea how you all who have snoring hubbies can do it! My neighbor snores and I can hear it through the wall at night and it wakes me!!! LOL

My mom snores too, she got a sleep study done for it, she is fine but wow I couldn't sleep on vacation because of her. and then guilt....Q says I snore some nights! (always when I have a cold)

Hope you can find a way to catch some zzzzzz's

Super rainy here so they cancelled another horseback riding lesson. I hate that. It really helps our weekends move along. It is 1:20 and I have till 2 without Q (he is with his Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker)....then I have to figure out what to do to take over for the lost horseback riding time. uggg.... if it stops we might still be able to go because we paid the teacher directly (and ended up paying more than when it goes thru the organization) because they hadn't said they were going to have a spring session. Maybe I'll call her at 2 and see if she will still let us come, they are her horsies afterall.

Marguerite

Buddy, I can strongly recommend those squishy foam ear plugs. I have multiple supplies in our overnight bag, in my handbag, in my pyjama pockets... even when awake I tenfd to keep one in the ear facing husband because he also has a very loud cough (have to get it decibel tested out of curiosity) and it's already driven him to early deafness. I value my hearing, considering I'm blind as a bat and half crippled. I value anything I've got left that works!

Marg

helpangel

I guess this sheds some light on why I can't keep a husband LOL

I not only snore, drool & growl while I'm asleep; I walk, talk, answer phone, get pregnant, eat and on one occasion drove the car and purchased cigarettes all while sound asleep. Oh and I bit the blood out of my X because he rolled over and flopped his smelly sweaty arm on me.

When my dad was in hospital a couple years ago we discovered it was impossible for my mom to sleep without his snoring in the other room; so we made an audio tape of his snoring for her to use when he isn't there and she needs to sleep. If use to his snoring might want to do the same.

Thanks for posting Marg I look forward to your morning/evening whatever post - I think its cool since next day where you are kind of like talking to the future. At least I take your presence as a sign that there will be a tomorrow since you are already there. That sounded kind of goofy oh well my mind wanders got a lot on my plate...

Marg's Man

I DON'T take sleeping pills very often because I know the resulting snoring bothers Marg but occasionally it is is the only answer. One cannot function for weeks on end with only 4-5 hours of sleep.

I got eight good hours last night so Marg will be able to catch up over the couple of months before I have to take another dose of sleeping pills.

She's right about the tennis ball - it wouldn't work when I've taken the pills. Normally I sleep with steel spikes in my knees, elbows and wrists and a hot iron bar in the small of my back (at least that's what it feels like) so I don't think I would even notice a tennis ball.

Marg's Man

TerryJ2

One cannot function for weeks on end with only 4-5 hours of sleep.

That's for sure!

Sorry about the hot irons ... all that pain. I think you two would be happier in separate rooms. You can always visit one another, you know ...

Marguerite

Yeah, I think I need to remind him of the time when difficult child 1 was a baby and I was working full time and coping with a kid on three hour feeds. I was scraping by on two and needed sleeping pills to get back to sleep.

Marg