Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

I feel deja vu - I was saying my previous good morning at some ridiculous hour early this morning. Now it's night time, well after dinner. difficult child 3 is in his bath, getting ready for bed. husband is watching "Dr Who" and I'm feeling the desperate lack of sleep from working well into the wee small hours.

Had a busy day today - got up and got more work done this morning then got invited to coffee with best friend. Had to leave at midday to get to my monthly writers meeting where we had a guest speaker who is a favourite of mine. We talked about Tanka (traditional Japanese poetry) for a couple of hours and really enjoyed ourselves. Some of us stood outside and talked even longer, trying to plan an extra meeting. One girl has a new laptop, she's trying to learn how to drive it. They've asked me to teach them how to use publication software, which will be an interesting exercise - I'm still learning myself!

I just heard the door - sounds like easy child 2/difficult child 2 & boyfriend have just got home. They both worked today and went to a movie together afterwards. It's still moderately early, we can all get some sleep. Yay!

Have a good Saturday, everyone. I'm glad you're being sensible and sleeping in on your Saturday, unlike me this morning.

Marg

RAZZLYNNE17

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Marg- sounds like you had a nice day, hope you can get some rest now!

Well we leave for vacation in a couple hours, we are starting on a down side, as my mothers car broke, and mine can not make it long distance. So i had to rent a car, we pick it up at 9. The good thing at least i can drive a nice car for a week. Also difficult child was sick last night, i'm hoping it was a combo of the heat and possibly being car sick. Well i hope you all have a great weekend and week coming up. We are off to no phones, or computers, will be lucky if cell phone even works. Have a great day!

smallworld

Good Saturday morning!

Marg, sounds like a productive and fun day. Hope you're getting some rest now.

The kids are still sleeping, but husband and I are up early. That's a switch from when the kids were younger. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

I may check out a nearby farmer's market this morning and then head off to an exercise class (gotta get back into my routine). It's supposed to rain most of the weekend so we're planning to take in "The Simpsons" movie this afternoon because J is such a huge fan.

Other than that, I still need to attend to our house, which is still recovering from our long vacation. Bags need to be unpacked, laundry put away, gear stowed in its proper place. I finally managed to go to the grocery store yesterday and spent a tidy sum just restocking our bare refrigerator and pantry shelves.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hi to anyone who snuck in.

Marguerite

No, not sleeping yet. difficult child 3 is still up.

Jen, that holiday sounds great - we had a hire car while we were in New Zealand (of course) - absolutely loved the cruise control! Air con is good, too.

smallworld, I LOVE a good farmer's market. All that fresh produce, often unusual crops, in season. Walking around in a flowing cotton dress and straw hat, carrying a wicker basket overflowing with healthy goodies. And then exercise - you will feel so disgustingly healthy and virtuous, your Saturday will be perfect!

Marg

Good morning, all! Up too early on a Saturday morning, but can't go back to sleep. Planning on taking the cubs to the County Fair today. They really aren't interested in any of the exhibits, just the rides. $$$. Sigh. Anyway, hope everyone has a good day!

K

Kjs

Good Morning all.

Looks like so many people are headed out to vacation recently.
Hope everyone has good weather.

Marg - you need to get some rest.

Running - have fun at the fair.

We don't do rides at carnivals or fairs. difficult child has a season pass to the amusement park that is where he takes in his rides.

Today at noon I will be done with my workweek. Four days off. Plan on taking difficult child and neighbor kids to Noah's Ark waterpark. That is about a 3 hour drive. Try to get it in once a summer.

Enjoy your weekend.

Marguerite

OK, OK, quit nagging.
I've got my editing work done for tonight and I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I'll be down at the author's house, working within coo-ee of her so I can run corrections past her as I find them. It should be lovely - she lives right next to the beach, I'll have the waves breaking right outside the window.

G'night, all!

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Marg- It sounds like your writer's meeting is a lively group! :thumb:
Jen- Enjoy your vacation. Fingers crossed that difficult child feels better this morning. :angel:
Smallworld- Have fun at the market and re-settling the house. :smile:
RFS- I'm a bad mommy, I told Duckie we are not fair people. And we won't be until she's interested in the exhibits, lol! :wink:
Kjs- Enjoy the water park, sounds fun. :beach:
We have a quiet day, just a few errands and a pop in to a local toy store have an anniversary party. Should be fun! :surprise:
Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning my friends,

Popping in to wish you all a good day. kt is at respite so it promises to be a quiet day.

Enjoy your day.