Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

I finally had a chance to sleep in a bit this morning, it recharged my batteries a bit more. Then I had a meeting to drive out to - writers. I did an impromptu writing workshop - half an hour or so - then headed back home with only a stop for petrol. A not too tiring day.
Almost home, back in the village, I saw some friends just packing up their garage sale. It was a fundraiser for TEAR, they now have enough for two libraries. I did my bit as well - bought two old directors' chairs which we will use tomorrow. One of these friends is ALWAYS positive - she's the one who recently transferred her easy child sons out of the school system to home-school because she thinks it will be better for them emotionally and academically, to be out of the local school. The boys were helping keep track of the money - good lesson for them. And this positive-thinking mama - happily sitting on/playing with a walking frame with wheels and seat and wanting to buy it because she is nursing a bad ankle and the frame will be SO useful... it lifted my heart to meet these two friends.

Tomorrow daylight saving kicks in for us. We're also going to play trains for the day and bringing difficult child 3's best friend (also autistic) and his mother. mother in law is coming along too. It's an hour's drive but a happy, relaxing day for us usually. mother in law & I usually sit under the trees. This time difficult child 3 and his mate will be enjoying the trains or playing computer games with the other kids in the members' shed. A hot day tomorrow, possibly more storms (hopefully not on the trains though).

Have a fun Saturday, everyone.

Marg

meowbunny

There is something drastically wrong for a non-morning person to consistently wake up before 6:00 am and that's me. UGH!!!

A new grocery store is opening up that is supposed to have the freshest veggies ever. Going to take a quick shower and run over there and check it out before it gets too crowded. Then I'm off to help run a flu shot clinic for the over-50s who don't qualify for Medicare and don't have insurance for the next 10 days. Lots of forms to fill out but worth it for those who truly need the shots but can't afford them.

Hope everyone is having a melt-down free weekend.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, the train day with friends sounds like a fun day. Enjoy the visit with mother in law while the kids plays.

meowbunny, there've been many flu clinics around my area as well - seems early this year.

kt & husband are still sleeping; :coffee: is brewing though I've snuck a cup before it's done.

I've survived another restless night & have a semi busy day planned. kt & I are heading out to goodwill to scope out gowns & such for Halloween costumes. I've been working more & more challenging crosswords books - would like to head out to B&N to pick up the next one. A pharmacy stop & home to play around for the night. kt has a new movie she'd like to see - I'm continuing my leaf study (as I'll be at B&N, I'll be checking out a tree guide).

If I achieve half of this I'll go to the neuro doctor next week & say "never mind" I'm okay. :smile: :hammer:

Enjoy your Saturday. Hope it's a calm happy day. Hug your loved ones.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

Marg, your friends sound awesome! Have fun at the trains. difficult child has a friend who regularly goes to the tracks and just sits to watch the cargo trains roll by. He loves trains. difficult child has gone with him a few times - she said its fun.

meowbunny, my H is not here, which means I easily could have slept in this AM...at least until 9 or. But what happened? Yep, I woke up at 5:30 and could not get back to sleep. I finally got out of bed and made the coffee and let the pups out. Man, I was SO looking forward to a nice long cozy snug as a bug rest.

difficult child begins her new job today - keeping a good thought that she likes it and they like her. I am cleaning out easy child's room today in preparation for her return! H flew down to VA last night to meet her and drive back. They are leaving this morning and will probably make it home around 8-9 tonight. I am so excited I may just pee my pants! Haha.

So, I'm off to start my cleaning. I may treat myself to a manicure today too.

Have an excellent day everyone.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Marg I'm glad you met up with your postive friends. Knowing ppl like that does the heart good. Hopefully tomorrow with the trains is a happy event for all.

meowbunny I hope your flu clinic goes smoothly today. :nurse:

Linda sounds like you have a big day planned. The trip to goodwill sounds like fun. You ought to be able to find lots of stuff for cotumes there.

I'm watching Darrin today. Normally would be a fun day watching him and the baby play together. They adore each other. A blessing. But Darrin woke up sick this morning, fever and coughing. I hope easy child can get the ENT doctor convinced the boy needs his tonsils out soon. Poor kid's been sick alot these last months.

It's a pretty day though. So maybe I'll get some cleaning done while Darrin watches movies lying on Nana's comfy couch under his Cars blanket. :smile:

Travis is on his way to walk to the store for a can of coffee. Just discovered I'm OUT. :nonono: No way. Gotta have my :coffee:

Have a good day everyone.

LittleDudesMom

I'm chimming in here many hours after morning! easy child was at a Halloween party last night and difficult child and stayed up waiting for her. We all hit the sack about 12:30. I woke to the sound of difficult child turning off the house alarm at 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you the last time I slept that late - I suppose I needed it 'cause I feel great today.

We had a lazy morning, took a walk, made a big pot of veggie soup I never got around to making yesterday, and now easy child and I are headed out to a store that is selling their artificial Christmas trees for 1/2 price today. I love real trees, love the smell, love the tradition of the three of us picking it out. But the work and expense coupled with the fact that I can't leave it up as long as I would like, has compelled me to investigage the artificial route. We'll see.....

Wishing everyone a great Saturday, or at least what's left of it.

Sharon