Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

Late evening here, you all must be sleeping in on your weekend.

Weird weather still - lovely and clear here, bucketing down where husband headed to this morning, so he came home again. He was supposed to be helping at a kid's Christmas party but they rang up & cancelled.

difficult child 3 & I did some organising of his school stuff, including choosing his subjects for the next two years. We then set off to post his school envelope and so we had a lovely walk in the late morning.

Otherwise it's been puddling in the garden today, weeding, planting more seeds, teaching difficult child 3 a bit more science about plants, giving the orchids their six-monthly feed...

A quiet night tonight, easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 are seeing a movie, it's his 21st birthday today. They're planning on visiting his parents tomorrow, they haven't seen him for several months.
We just watched "The Bill", British police drama that difficult child 3 has begun watching in daytime repeats. For difficult child 3 to watch ANY non-cartoon TV show he hasn't seen before, is a miracle; for him to follow the action and be able to discuss it - absolutely amazing!

He's just said goodnight, he's at his talkative, over-excited stage at the moment but hopefully once he's settled in bed he will be asleep in minutes. He doesn't do anything by halves - everything is done with gusto!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-Sounds like you had a lovely day. Puddling around in the garden sounds nice. I just need to get out and do some raking but I don't think it will happen today.

I'm off to work in a bit. After that I have to quickly hit the mall to get easy child a winter jacket as the last time she got one was in third grade so it's time for a new one.

Then I need to hurry home as the game is an early one! :fan: Then I hope to get in nap and a visit to the health club as I didn't get there Thursday or Friday. :treadmill:

husband is going to make his homemade pizza tonight so that should be tasty and I don't have to do the cooking! :dance:

I hope everyone enjoys their days and finds some unexpected pleasures. :future:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Marg- Yes, I tried to sleep in this morning. Of course the kitties would have none of that.... :pet:
Sharon- Enjoy your day! We have raking as well. I really need to get it done before the snow flies or my beds will be really bad in the spring. :autumn:
I have more deliveries, Duckie has dance, husband hopes to mow the lawn one last time and then we have our big service this evening at church. I'm glad I didn't volunteer for more than to be there with the kids an hour early. :thumb:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :its_all_good:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, gardening is one of my favorite pastimes. I'm glad that you enjoyed your day in the garden. :flower:

Sharon, don't mean to be contentious but GO BADGERS! :fan: :rofl:

I had a lovely day yesterday with my sisters (they're all my sisters - we don't even bother with that sister in law stuff anymore). Spent the day talking, crying, laughing. Ordered in Chinese last night after kt left for respite & played cards while listening to Aretha Franklin, then BB King & just for giggles Sam Cooke. Ended up doing some pretty silly dancing about the house. :dance:

husband hid upstairs - the wuss :smile:

The ladies are coming over this morning for coffee before they leave for their trip back to Wisconsin.

husband & I have a few errands to run but may put it off until tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your Saturday - hug your loved ones. They are precious. :angel:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy Saturday everyone. I'm enjoying another sunny, crisp autumn day. :coffee: Trying to get "to do" list that someone will actually do. LOL.

Marguerite, sounds like a peaceful way to spend a Saturday. Something about gardening is soothing.

Wiped out, sounds like a fun day with football, mall, health club and husband cooking. Can't beat that for a saturday

TM, enjoy your night at the service.

Linda, glad your sisters visited. Sounds like fun. I miss my sisters as usual.

We are doing house stuff as usual. Tonight the neighbors have a quarterly supper club. It's a nice way to meet people and I'm ready for a break for being fairly housebound.

Enjoy the day. :autumn:

LittleDudesMom

:princess: Good Morning Everyone!

Marg, Christmas Party????? Isn't it a little early for that? My difficult child is just like your difficult child 3 at bedtime. He seems to get this splurge of energy at bedtime :dance:. That's why we work hard on the reading before bed so he calms down and relaxes!

Sharon, sounds like a great day at your house - have fun watching the game :fan: and husband's meal :spaghetti:

TM, the kids and I are handling the leaves today as well :autumn: the city will be coming by for the first of two leaf collections this coming week. difficult child has already called the blower :surprise: Enjoy the service this evening.

Linda, glad you had a great time with your sisters :princess:. You've not had "out of the house" outings or fun in a while. Enjoy your moring with the ladies and rest this afternoon :sleeping:

As I mentioned above, the kids and I will be going our shortly to wrangle the leaves to the curb for pick up. Then easy child and I are going to drain, clean, and refill the hot tub. After that she will be getting beautiful since her boyfriend will be here this afternoon.

difficult child and I plan on riding our bikes for a little while up to the seminary in our neighborhood. They have a beautiful inner quad we cycle around. After that, it's just play it by ear - no definate plans.

Exbonehead told me last night that he is going to Ca for ten days beginning Christmas day. I asked if he was going to take this kids this time since he told them he would. He acted suprised then said "I'll take them next time" I told him he told them that the last two times he went to Ca. Then he has the nerve to assume I will take care of the pups for ten days over Christmas vacation :smile: :surprise: :faint:

Wishing everyone a relaxing Saturday.

Sharon