Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

A glorious day today for our village fair. I took my scooter down so I could have a bit of independence. difficult child 3 walked down on his own, husband brought mother in law in the car.
It wasn't as busy this year although there were still a lot of people, include many who brought picnic baskets and deck chairs so they could sit and enjoy the music - jazz, blues, rock mostly. There were a lot of food stalls and I was very good - I didn't buy any food (other than a jar of satay sauce which is going in the cupboard).
I did buy some plants, though, and I'll need to pot up mother in law's plants that she bought. All Australian native plants, some lovely specimens. I bought another flannel flower plant, this one is reported to flower profusely.

difficult child 3 had a great time too, he was playing with a couple of friends for a while. No bullies in sight. He finally decided to go home when husband was leaving, so he scored a lift home instead of having to walk.

Just as I was leaving I saw difficult child 1 with girlfriend walking around, talking to people. We all headed for home together and had in general a relaxing day.

It's a pity we only have these once a year!

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
G'day Marg, - I missed your thread. Sounds like your day at the fair was a good time for all - I'm looking forward to those days during the upcoming spring.

I woke up to find out it's an hour later than I anticipated - yes, it's time to change the clocks if you missed all the reminders like I did last week. :slap:

I also woke to it snowing outside :blizzard: & temps dropping. I am so not keeping up with things like time & weather. Last I heard it was supposed to warm up this weekend.

Today is my normal Sunday - encourage (i.e. nag) kt to get her laundry finished & school things together for the upcoming school week. As kt is an adolscent difficult child young "woman, mom" it will be a day of either complete & utter happiness with "be glad to, mom" answers or "I can't believe they put me with such a b!t$h". :hypnosis::stopglass::stopglass:

I'm working on menus & a shopping list so I can place my grocery order for the week. husband is going to visit wm this afternoon & I have a batch of muffins with that group home's name on it. I'm going to bake those boys homemade blueberry muffins.

Have a calm & peaceful Sunday - it's to be a day of rest. I hope you find a means to make it happen. :flower:

:painter:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Marg- That sounds like a great day! I love festivals in the warm weather. :)
Linda- Good luck with the young lady, I hope she's pleasant to be with today. :)
Several churches in our area are closed today due to yesterday's storm. We are not and the Baptists are not. We must be hardy folks, lol! The Assembly of God, Catholic, Presbyterian and Lutheran churches all closed today because the roads and parking lots are a mess. Plus, most folks have a foot or more of snow on their cars/driveways. Yuck!
But today is Girl Scout Sunday and Duckie will be participating in the service.
Help me! :rofl:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-It sounds like an absolutely lovely day! I'm glad the weather cooperated! Enjoy the plants:D

Linda-I hope today is the kind where kt shows complete and utter happiness!!! I'm sure the boys will enjoy the blueberry muffins!:D

I'm about to head out to the health club which is desperately needed since I haven't been there since Thursday:treadmill: Then I'm coming home and we will head out to church:church: After that a huge nap will be in order:sleeping: before heading out to visit difficult child. At some point some grocery shopping should also get done.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful Sunday.:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning folks.
Marguerite, sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. Glad the scooter gives you some independence.

Linda, sorry to hear about snow in your neck of the woods. Amazing winter for you guys. :frozen:

Wiped out, hope the nap is long and restful.:treadmill: Enjoy the health club.

TM, you are hardy. I wouldn't leave the house for days. I love excuses to stay home. Bad weather is on the top of the list. :why:

easy child has been delightful to have at home for the weekend although he talked us into watching Babel. It was OK..... He has been spending time with our sick pup which is gratifying to see. We hit the malls but easy child didn't want to buy anything. : ( I guess my baby is growing up.

Hope your Sunday is restful. It's a crystal clear blue nippy day. Hopefully we will take the pups for a gentle walk in the woods at some point but the dreaded taxes loom in the background.