Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

We've had glorious weather her yesterday and today. It was so warm I went to church today in my summerweight linen pants and a singlet top. There was a warm breeze blowing across the water, the sun was shining and people on the beach were swimming and flying kites.

Later I went back down for a farewell party for a lovely old lady who used to babysit for us when the kids were little. I took easy child 2/difficult child 2 with me; difficult child 3 had already gone down by himself, thinking I was already there!

The lady was at times in tears because she is moving a long way inland to the country, a town on the edge of the outback, into a retirement village near her family. She said she will miss our church on the beach. "Can I take it with me?" she asked jokingly.
"Funny you should say that," said the preacher. And he handed her our gift - it's a lovely framed photograph taken from a boat just offshore. It shows the clean sweep of beach with turquoise-coloured sea, and the freshly-renovated building with the lawn in front. They've put the church's text into the picture (written it in the strip of sea, in the photo) so she'll always have it with her.
The look on her face was priceless.

She will be back for visits, she said. I do hope so, she's been living in our village off and on for 20 years. It's a place that's very hard to leave.

Tonight the warm breeze was blown away by strong cold winds from the south. It's been snowing already on the southern alps (10 cm of snow) so winter is definitely here. It's also one of the two nights a week when I can water my garden, I'd better go do it because there's only a couple of hours left when it's permitted.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, the farewell party must have been so bittersweet ~ a lady that's been so very a part of your family, the tears. I'm so glad she was able to leave with such a beautiful memento of her time in your village.

I haven't been about for a few days ~ I've spent almost 3 days sleeping. husband was getting a bit concerned. I might have been if I hadn't been asleep. However, my body seems to be catching up on my need for rest. I cannot wait for my next appointment at Mayo (the 6th of next month).

Yesterday was a stormy, snowy day. Fortunately it's spring & the snow melted away immediately. However, it was a day of indoor activities for kt which can be challenging. She spent the day playing a new computer game, doing her laundry & helping husband with dinner. God bless her! husband started kt on guitar lessons last night & she is so very excited. I only hope she can stay focused on it. husband & I told kt we would pay for lessons if we saw her working with husband for 2 weeks straight.

Menu planning, ordering groceries & paying bills are all on my agenda today. I need to get back into the swing of things today & I'm hoping doing less physical activities won't put me back to sleep again.

Enjoy your day ~ here's to a quiet day for you all. No meltdowns or tantrums. A calm day of rest & family time.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Your weather sounds wonderful-wearing summer clothes at this time of the year for you must have been a treat! I'm sorry winter is on it's way. It sounds like your friend received a perfect gift to help her have a piece of the church with her. I hope she is back to visit!

Linda-Wow-three days of sleep. Your body must have needed it! I'm sorry you got snow-we didn't but we got the cold and wind and we may get flurries tomorrow.

Since I went to church yesterday afternoon the only thing on my agenda today is a visit to the health club and a nap. I may go to the bookstore to pick out a new book. I just finished reading one this morning and am already feeling the need for a new one!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday:D

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning all!

Marg - What a sweet gift to that woman! Hopefully she can visit everyone as much as possible.

Linda - Wow.......3 days! Good to hear that you're catching up on your rest. You made me tired just reading your posts recently!

WO - Have a relaxing day! Hope you can make it to the bookstore. I go and practically need to be dragged out. But........no reason for me to go...as far as husband is concerned. A friend of mine went to a book convention and brought me bac 34 books so I think I'm set for a bit.

I've got laundry going, husband is still sleeping (da bum!) and difficult child has spent the weekend with a friend. I'm headed to my Dad and Step-mom's for my little sister's 14th birthday. I have scoured the area looking for a specific birthday present for her. Last year she found a dead squirrel floating in the toilet and I discovered a book recently titled "There's a squirrel in my toilet". I have no idea why I didn't buy it when I saw it but I have one more place to check. It may not be today but by gum, I WILL get her that book!!!!!

I'll be spending the night at Dad's tonight as they live about 15 mins. from the hospital where my step-dad is having surgery tomorrow. I'll be going there bright and early to sit with my mom. (Side note: If any of your male loved ones are diagnosis'd with prostate cancer, I don't recommend the radiation treatment. Dad (step) had it and was over-radiated. For the last year and a half he's been in horrible pain with awful, awful bowl issues. He's going in tomorrow to have a colostomy done. Any thoughts, prayers and/or bead rattling would be appreciated as he's very nervous about something ELSE going wrong.)

Have a relaxing day and here's to no melt downs.

M

ML

Good Morning to everyone. I always take such strength from your collective words. It is an honor being amongst each and every one of you. Today I thank my difficult child for being who he is and for bringing me this cyber haven. ML

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone,

Marg--what a beautiful gift, and a touching send-off for the lady. I do hope she is able to return to your village for visits.

Linda--sounds like you are making up for lost sleep. Sometimes our bodies know best.

Sharon--hope you find a great new book. Sounds like you have a relaxing day ahead.

Mustang--Good luck finding that book for your sister. Sounds like a hoot. Sending good thoughts and rattling beads for your Step-D's surgery

Michelle--what a lovely way to look at things.

Today, Little easy child has a playdate with friends so he will be out all day, husband is still sleeping, and I have a boatload of work to do. I was assigned to a new project at work, in addition to my regular job, so I have a lot to do to stay on top of it all. With husband still out of work, I'm grateful for the extra hours AND the ability to work at home, so I don't have to drag myself into the office on a Sunday. Our public transit workers went on strike Saturday at midnight, so I need to figure out how I'm going to get into the office tomorrow. If the nice weather holds, maybe I'll try riding my bike? It's a bit far but if I go slowly I might just be able to do it.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Trinity