Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

What a day!

difficult child 3 was feeling much better today thank goodness. husband thinks it could have been a casserole of mine that was left in the back of the fridge for a few days past its expiry date. It could be...

It's been a scorcher today, another day of Extreme Fire Danger for us, Catastrophic Fire Danger to the west of the Blue Mountains and south. Thankfully no corresponding disastrous fires.
It's still very hot, almost 30 C at 10 pm. The forecast said the cool change should come through Sydney at about 10 pm but there's nothing on the radar within coo-ee at the moment.
Temperatures today at our place reached 38.7 C, almost 102 F. That's in the shade.

We were out today (our thermometer records the max, even when we're not home). Out in the open. I actually was in the sahde and we had an occasional sea breeze, but it was hot. There weren't many people at the train park today, even those who came found the conditions oppressive. We saw people with young children especially, leaving early because the heat was just sapping their energy.

Everything was finishing up at about 3 pm. We left at about 3.45 pm and just as we were driving off, the hot wind came up. So bad as it had been, suddenly everything got hotter. We'd been planning on driving with the car windows down but it only made the car hotter (even though we'd been parked in the sun!). We stopped at our favourite fish market and bought some fish for dinner, then headed home along the coast road and through the rainforest (hoping it would be cooler). We gave up, closed the windows and turned on the air conditioning, but we could still feel the heat through the glass. Further down the road husband needed me to take over the driving. As we got out of the car to swap places, it as like stepping into a blast furnace, even though we were on the clifftop overlooking the sea.

Once we got home we found we'd left a door locked open a crack and the hot wind was blowing in and heating the house up. We closed it up, closed the curtains to keep the radiant het out and the house was a much more pleasant 28 C while it was still 39 C outside.

Tomorrow is forecast to be only 21 C and with some rain. I'll believe it when I see it. We're driving mother in law to the western suburbs for her annual Christmas luncheon with old friends. I hope it is cooler, it got over 40 C out there today. I just had a look - they've downgraded the severe wind warning, which could mean that the forecast change is now much weaker, if it arrives at all.

I just ran a cool bath for me and difficult child 3, I'm trying to get difficult child 3 into the bath but he's stalling, fussing over his computer. The bath will be colder by the time he gets into it. But then - if the air temp is still amost 30 C, how cool can the bath get?

Anyway, wet hair should help cool him down.

If tomorrow cools down, it should stay coolish (low 20s C) for a few days before it climbs back over 30 again by Friday.

Well, that's the weather report from Sydney. And it's still spring!

Tomorrow while we wait for mother in law, I'm hoping we can get some shopping done at a huge store over that way. At least it will be air-conditioned!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Rabbit

Marg - Hope it cools down. I am a big fan of air conditioning !
:D

Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a GREAT Sunday!
hoping for a calm quiet day Here ! Sending Hugs To all> Rabbit
:D

LittleDudesMom

Good Sunday Morning!

Marg, that's hot! Hopefully this early heat is just a fluke and not a sign of an oppresive summer to come. Enjoy your shopping tomorrow!

Rabbit, hope your day works out to be quiet and restful!

Getting ready to head over to my cousins for breakfast. My sister actually ended up leaving last night around 10:30 to head home because her baby had been running a fever most of the late afternoon and evening. I'm sorry she had to leave early, but it was a great visit. The rest of us stayed at my dining room table until 12:10 am talking and laughing......it was a great Saturday.

Hope you Sunday is a good one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone.
Marguerite, your heat sounds blistering so early in the season. I don't envy you as I find it very difficult when it lasts so long. Intense heat broken up seems to be survivable but when it gets that hot it's difficult to be productive.

Rabbitt hope you have a peaceful calm Sunday.

I wasn't nearly as productive yesterday as I hoped. Guess I better get moving today to make up for it. husband should be home soon and difficult child will get up eventually to help. He is actually a big help just not all that enthusiastic. Walking those boxes up and down the steps from the attic is a good job for him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get the majority of the decorating done.

Hope you(in the states) are all enjoying the hustle and bustle before the Thanksgiving holiday.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, seems the weather is getting you ready for summer to come. Take care with the Vitamin D exposure & your skin.

Rabbit, a calm day to you as well.

Sharon (ldm), sounds like a wonderful visit.

Fran, I got nothing done that I had intended yesterday. I hope your family pitches in & helps you out today.

kt's home & testing the waters. Let's just say she didn't go very far & lost privileges to boot. Too tired for this nonsense.

My niece T is coming over this morning & we're heading out, once again, to try get my hair done. Foils, no foils, etc.

T & boyfriend P are going to program my car (doesn't that sound weird?) & drive kt back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

Nothing, absolutely nothing on my calendar tomorrow.

Have a good one, friends.