Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

Where is everybody? I've got to head for bed. Shower first, hair wash.

Boy, it's hot tonight. It wasn't too bad during the day, it was 28 C (82.4 F) here today. I didn't get to the beach, I was busy plus it was a bit windy. I did drop in on a friend who lives right on the beach, however, so at least I got to look at it out her window.

But it's now heading for 11 pm and it's still 27 C (80.6 F). We've got the fans going and bedding thrown off. We don't have air conditioning here; instead, we count on the occasional sea breeze and on closing up the house on days forecast to be unbearably hot. In weather like this we shower just from the cold tap (the cold water is coming out at about the same temperature as the day anyway). I think I'll shower and not bother to dry off.

Tomorrow I have to get moving early to take mother in law to the local doctor, then she sees the physiotherapist (right next door). I'll only be down the road in the village, but I'll be out just about all morning. I've got a few things to do, but most of the time I'll be waiting. If it's not too windy/overcast, I might go over the road and sit on the beach while I wait for mother in law.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:coldday: Good Sunday Morning!!

Marg, here in the southeast of the US, 82 degree days are not considered hot - that's spring! Seriously, we have a very humid clime and our summers are often very oppressive. Hope you get some time to sit on the beach while waiting for mother in law.

We are frigid here - thermometer sitting at 15 with foot of fresh snow! Wind chill is 0....pretty unusual....

We are loving it though - our department of trans is having a tough time clearning the roads for two reasons - chems don't work below freezing and so many idiots went out to drive in the snow yesterday, that their abandoned cars are everywhere and the plows can't get through.....

difficult child's school district was closed tomorrow anyway....they are talking about below 20 for the next three nighs so the schools around here may be closed till Wed - we don't handle snow and the eventual melt and refreeze thing very well :skate:!

Hoping to take difficult child to easy child for sledding today :sled: - we'll see if I can get out!

Hope all of you that were in this storm's path are safe and warm. Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-I hope you are able to cool off and that you get to set on the beach tomorrow.

Sharon-I hope that you can get out to get sledding! I know you are loving this snow. The big snowfall we had in December gave us the same problem on the roads-it was too cold so the salt didn't work-the roads were horrible for days. Of course, other than the actual day of the snow we had school and had to drive on the roads.

I didn't finish my book yesterday but got close. At 1:30 in the morning I put it down. I didn't get to start reading til about 11:30 last night!

Headed to the club in a bit and then home to do a bit of cleaning and napping. We have a church program tonight. We'll see how long it lasts before we have to leave because of difficult child-we've never made it through one of these programs yet!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: