Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

It always feels odd to me to type "good morning" when it's already Sunday night here.

Oh well...

G'day anyway. It's been another glorious day in paradise today. I wish I'd gone to the beach but it was still a fun-filled day. I took it easy in the morning, getting some paperwork done. husband was busy working on the car. difficult child 3 was downloading his extra Mb of games from the Net.

difficult child 1 & daughter in law dropped in briefly, they needed to get some money from us (their money). They were leaving just as we needed to get ready to go to the opera - yes, that's right. There was a special opera for families performance this afternoon, held in the school hall. I was talking to our opera singer on Thursday when I bumped into her at the mall - today was a novel way to celebrate her daughter's birthday! All the little girls (daughter and her friends) were dressed up as fairies or mermaids or whatever; little brother and his friends as pirates. And their dad, also a performer, wrote the kids in to a lot of fun sketches which he did while his wife changed costumes for her next song.

It was a wonderful way to involve very young kids in developing a taste for opera, as well as all the glamour of the presentation. Imagine an opera singer, dressed in the most amazing outfits glittering in the lights, singing a song about mermaids and holding her little daughter by the hand, the child dressed perfectly as a mermaid. Just magic! And all of this in a village where we know everybody, where we're all friends and all relaxed. a lot of us dressed up, others just turned up in jeans and scruffty t-shirts. It all worked.

Her finale, as she's done before - Nessun Dorma, with everyone in the audience waving handkerchieves and finally throwing them up in the air on the final note. A lot of fun.

After that we headed home just on sunset, then I gathered food together and headed to mother in law's place to cook fried rice. We just got back home, listening to the increasing population explosion of fruit bats in the trees of our neighbours.

School goes back tomorrow, Term 2. We're going to be busy!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

trinityroyal

Good morning (well, evening) Marg, and all to follow.

Marg, that opera performance sounds just magical. What a wonderful way to make opera accessible to little children so that they can grow to enjoy the beauty of it, rather than thinking it "stuffy". Nessun Dorma is one of my favourites.

As for the Trinity household, I'm crossing my fingers that we have a quiet, uneventful day. Little easy child has a swimming lesson this afternoon, and a great honking pile of homework that we've been putting off. Other than that, we're just going to laze around. difficult child 2 and her boyfriend were over yesterday, playing board games and trains with Little easy child. Between that, the telly, and the babies' caterwauling through the entire visit, it was a boisterous day. I'm really looking forward to having a little less action today.

Enjoy your Sunday everybody.

Trinity

Im a Believer

Good Morning Everyone! Getting ready to run to church then out to breakfast with my hubby.

I have one of those "ladies" parties this afternoon ~ the ones that you feel you need to buy something so your friend can get some loot.

Oh Well - Something to do ~

It's suppose to be a day of rest - but not for the weary!

Grocery store - laundry - picking up - actually life is good!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!!