Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

Just a quick g'day, we've had a lovely day here today. A happy 4th July for all of you enjoying the holiday (not here, of course).

Went to church this morning, then went round to the art exhibition. All on my wheels (mobility scooter) but still found I'd overdone things and needed to go home to bed for a few hours. Just off down to mother in law's for dinner, in fact, I was already down there and came back to get my pre-cooked brown rice.

Enjoy your day, everyone. I might post a bit later on, when we get back. If I'm up to it.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Good Sunday Morning and Happy Independence Day to all my fellow Americans :4thjuly:

Marg, glad you listened to your body and came home and rested today. Enjoy dinner.

I'm up early, as usual. I've already had two cups of coffee and rewatched last week's True Blood (it was on when I turned the tv on this morning). I'm getting ready to go out and do my watering - it's going to be a really hot and humid one here today - back to our typical summer weather after four lovely days.

Family should begin arriving late morning/mid day. Everything is done with the exception of icing down the beer, wine, sodas and water and mopping the kitchen floor after I put all the side salads together this morning!

difficult child has a huge fireworks display planned that he and easy child's boyfriend are in charge of of! I even made a patriotic cd to play while the the display is going!

Can you tell I'm excited - 4th of July is one of my favs! I hope your day is a good one. If you are celebrating, have a great time!!!

Sharon :proudamerican:

SRL

Glad to hear you're taking it easy, Marg. :)

Sharon, I feel like I need to go hide in the corner for a moment of shame after reading about your plans. :proudamerican:

Mine for today were:
1) go to church
2) come home and clean
4) make chicken enchiladas and have one of the kids make a cake
5) keep cleaning, as I have a bunch of kids coming tomorrow for work on 4-H projects and I still need to heave out the homeschool project stuff
6) send the kids with their dad to see the fireworks while I stay home with the cat who is traumatized by loud noises

I'll never be able to pull off a LittleDudesMom 4th, but maybe I'll add in some patriotic music. That should liven things up a bit.:whiteflag:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Just don't set off the fripping fireworks at 3:30AM like some idiot kids did up here. WI allows much heavier duty stuff than IL allows. Since i was up anyways, I took the dog out to pee and nearly got bled dry in the ten minutes I was out there. Skeeters REALLY love hot, sweaty, humans.

Plus, I'm one of those people where if I get woken up, I have the helluva time getting back to sleep.

Hope all of you enjoy a good Holiday (those of us who celebrate it)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning and Happy 4th of July~:4thjuly:

Marg-Glad to hear you are resting when you need it!

Sharon-Sounds like you are ready for a great day!! Enjoy!

SRL-Chicken enchiladas sound delicious!

GN-In our part of Wisconsin (Madison) fireworks are illegal, including sparklers. Of course, in all the surrounding suburbs they aren't. I hate getting woken up from super late night fireworks! I hear you about the mosquitoes.

I've been to church and the grocery store. Now I'm going to take a short nap and then head to the health club after which I'll mow the lawn.

Later this afternoon we are headed to my niece's for a cookout:bbq: Should be lots of fun if difficult child can hold it together.:peaceful:
Wishing everyone a peaceful day