Good morning Sunday!

KTMom91

It's 5 AM California time, and I haven't been able to get to sleep. Hope everyone has a great day!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:

Mary, certainly hope you are able to catch some zzzz's soon :sleeping: - not a good way to spend a Sunday.

The weather this morning is amazing! After a record setting number of days over 100 degrees, our high today will only be 83 :playingball:.

difficult child and I didn't get to the movies yesterday - the movie he wants to see, "The Other Guys" doesn't open until the 6th. We actually sat down after dinner and watch "Repo Man" On Demand.

easy child and her boyfriend and a friend of mine are coming for a cookout later this afternoon. I've already made the sides (a tangy cole slaw without mayo and a kidney bean and mandarin orange salad). I'm grilling turkey burgers with ginger, soy and garlic. The weather couldn't be better for cooking out :bbq:. I won't need my patio fan!

I hope your Sunday is relaxing and stress free :peaceful:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Mary, I hope you can get some nap time in today.

Sharon/LDM, I'm glad you have a cooler day for your barbecue.

I deliberately had a quiet day today, I stayed in bed until late morning. However, I did get my books out and got some work done while still snuggled under the doona.
We've got a cold snap at the moment. Today during the day you could see and feel the sigs of spring, but tonight again, the clear skies have let out any warmth from the day and a cold wind has sprung up from the south, very chill.

husband & I dropped in on our artist neighbour today, it was our monthly artists open day. I had intended to do a lot more gallery hopping today but I'm glad I got my paperwork done. It took me all day!

Our neighbour has just finished an absolutely amazing self-portrait, it will be a feature of an upcoming exhibition. His wife has an exhibition coming up soon too, and he's produced a book for her, we bought a copy today.
I've posted links to his work before, but I went looking to see if I could find a photo of his new self-portrait. No luck - although it was in the local paper last week.
So if you want to have a look at a fragment of what our neighbour paints, here's the link.
http://www.prtraits.com/shen/shen.htm

Hang on - I just found a good link. It has the self-portrait over the artist's right shoulder in the photo, and the head study of former Prime Minister John Howard over his left shoulder. The photo is taken in the artist's studio, where we were talking to him today. The self-portrait took a month, he told us.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-elect...makes-surprise-appearance-20100720-10jlv.html

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Mary, take a nice catnap sometime today - I have found that 20 minutes really helps me get through anotherwise exhausting day!

Sharon, I'm so glad you finally got some relief from the extremely hot weather - enjoy the BBQ, sounds fun!

Marg, Glad you were able to plan a low key day, it sounds lovely. Your artist friend does nice work - very detailed!

We didn't get in until past midnight last night from our day on LI - so much for leaving early! We were really enjoying our visit with old friends and family we haven't seen in a while. Plus, my sister in law didn't put the food out until very late (maybe on purpose so people don't leave early? LOL). On the up side, I was able to sleep until 8:49 - can't remember the last time that happened!

Today's agenda includes some housework, the continuous battle to find out bat in the basement and keeping watch over Sophie, who caught whatever virus Nala had last week! difficult child is recuperating well from the dry socket caused by smoking after a tooth extraction. I bought some clove oil and the stuff is like magic! Her follow up appointment is tomorrow.

Once the chores are done, I can chill. I'd like to maybe go for a bike ride with H somewhere (flat!). My derriere could use it, lol.

Enjoy this amazing day everyone!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning (for 10 more minutes in my time zone)!

Mary-Hope you ended up getting some sleep!

Sharon-Enjoy your cookout!

Marg-Glad you had a quiet day! I'll check out the art work in a bit.

Jo-Sounds like a nice night yesterday. A bike ride sounds like fun!

Church-done, Workout-done, mow lawn-done!! Of course, I still have to plan meals for the week and go grocery shopping but not before lunch and a nap!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.