Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day people.

We just got back from seeing "Fame" in Sydney. It was a very talented cast but we didn't enjoy it as much as we expected. Loved the movie, really enjoyed the TV show, the stage show just doesn't work for me. Badly written, in my opinion. A pity.

We had a busy day, and although we didn't enjoy it hugely, it was still en enjoyable evening out.
Earlier today - the friend's baby's naming day was lovely. It was also the village market day plus monthly art exhibition. Our neighbour's studio was not open today, but the next village had its annual art fair on so we went there instead. Thankfully the rain of past days was taking a holiday so we had glorious blue skies and warmth; ideal for exploring the interactive sculptures installed out into the bay on the sand flats. You can't be pretentious about art when you have to take off your shoes and wade out to look at it!

We have to get moving early in the morning to head for difficult child 3's school. He has his English exam tomorrow - School Certificate. It is a state-based exam, even private schools sit the same exam. I think it is equivalent to high school graduation exams for the US. After this comes our senior high school, which I think is equivalent to college in the US.
While we're at the school, I have meetings with some staff as part of a committee to appoint new staff. I'll need to get going as soon as difficult child 3 has finished his exam - we have to get home so I can finally get my dud shoulder seen by the physiotherapist.

At least I'll (hopefully) have some time in the morning to sit quietly. With difficult child 3's laptop, getting some bookwork done...

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning Marguerite, sounds like a wonderful day out and about. Interesting about the art out in the water.
I'm sure you were disappointed about the stage play of Fame. As you say, it was still an evening out.
Good luck to difficult child 3 and his exams.

We were hit with quite a cold snap. Frost on the cars and most of the grass. The two youngest dogs are laying on the cold, cold cement. Obviously they are cold weather dogs. The leaves have changed colors and I suspect they will all fall now that we have had the freeze. It is a clear, crisp autumn day. I already have the fireplace on. It is a refreshing change from the heat and humidity of the beach 2wks ago.

I have started the Christmas decorating since we will be with easy child for Thanksgiving in Florida. I figure it will make me less exhausted to get some of this done and out of the way early. We got most of the big boxes down. Now to put the decorations up and put the boxes back will be the job for today.

difficult child is plugging along. He seems to be happy and engaged with peers. He has a classmate who stays 2 nights a week so he doesn't have to drive long distances. Gives difficult child some extra pocket money and a little company. Slowly but surely, he is building his social world.

Hope you have a productive day and your difficult child's surprise you in some way. (hopefully in a good way)

Andy

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!
It is a beautiful weekend here. I just pray it will be next week also as we find plans for difficult child while I go on a trip with Diva.

I received a call from difficult child last night to go pick him up from the "farm". It was about 7:00 and very very dark out. He was 1 hour away. When I got to the shed, it looked very dark and I saw lights up the low to no maintenance road so I called difficult child. He said he was were that lights were (1/4 mile away) and that I should drive in to get him since the road wasn't too bad. I told him no way was I going to drive in - I very seldom if ever drive in on that road when it is daylight so am not about to do it in pitch dark. So, husband brought him out.

It felt wonderful to have the day to myself yesterday. I stayed home and deep cleaned some counter tops in the kitchen rearranging some items.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-Sorry the stage show wasn't as good as you were expecting. Sounds like you enjoyed a great day-wading out to see the art sounds great!

Fran-It is so great to hear difficult child is doing so well!! You are very ambitious to be putting up Christmas decorations already! When you are done, will you come do mine? I love that you are using your fireplace already. husband and I are planning on getting some wood and having a fire soon. Wish I had gas-it's so much easier!

Andy-Glad to hear the weather is so beautiful! A day home alone-how sweet!! Glad husband was able to get difficult child out last night!

I've been to church and have dinner in the crock-pot. I'm trying a new ww recipe. It's pork tenderloin (cut into 1 inch pieces) along with pineapples, yellow pepper, onions, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar-yummmmmm (at least I hope so).

Not sure what the rest of the day holds. I am planning on watching the Packers game tonight!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, dinner sounds yummy. I love crock pot meals. I made rigatoni with meat sauce. Yesterday was soup. Both were pretty good.
I love the gas fireplace. It doesn't create creosote which is a relief. I turn it on a lot when I sit down in the family room during the colder months.