Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day people.

I didn't get to post yesterday, it was busy. I hope you all have had a wonderful new year's celebrations. Yesterday husband's cousin and family visited, it was a difficult day in the heat and traffic - our little seaside village becomes crowded in hot summer weather.
Today - husband & I went to church. I also took my swimming bag because after church a number of us went for a swim. The beach is right at the church lawn edge. After the swim (although I chose to not swim after all, the water is a little chill) we played Scrabble on the veranda - a summer tradition. Then husband drove me home, the longer way, because the shopping centre was almost impassable with tourist traffic! It was also open day for our village artists and husband had promised me a painting for Christmas, so we then went and bought my painting. I'll see if I can find a photo online.

We're about to head down to mother in law's to cook dinner - with leftovers from yesterday, it should be an easy night.

The hot weather has now cooled, a cool change has blown through and dropped the temperatures down a lot. I can't understand it - why, with all the rain we're having, is the water still so cold? Generally we get rain when we have warm offshore currents, not cold ones. Oh well...

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Marge and Happy New Year. Too bad about the water being cool. We have had strange weather so maybe you are too. We had incredible snow at Christmas and yesterday it was so warm and humid that I thought about opening windows.
It's been a lovely holiday season. husband was home 2 1/2 wks. I saw both easy child and difficult child and my siblings and their families. Mom is here for the winter. No drama and no aggravation even with teething babies and a overwrought toddler.
Now to start the new year. No real resolutions this year. Just trying to become a better, healthier person.
Wishing you all a good new year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-I love playing Scrabble!! Sorry you didn't get a swim but at least you got to the beach:)

Fran-I'm glad you holiday season was such a good one! I don't think I'm making any new resolutions this year either-I'm always working on my weight so I'm not counting it as one!

Last day of break before going back to work tomorrow. Not a lot on the agenda although I do plan on watching the Packer game today.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!