Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

G'day people. Everyone must be sleeping in!

We've had a moderately full day today. Church in the morning. The day was grey to begin with but on a chance I took my swimsuit to church anyway. And it paid off - as church finished, the sun was out and the beach beckoned. Everyone was having a light lunch on the veranda (as we usually do) so I changed and had a quick swim. The water is delightful, not so cold at last. But I was only able to swim a little before I was too tired, so I really only was in the water for about 15 minutes. So I sat in the sun and dried off while we chatted to people on the veranda.

We got home about half an hour before easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2 arrived. We'd invited them for dinner but they had other tasks to do. So husband & SIL2 worked on the car while easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I had a serious talk about her job prospects. I've been worrying about this particular issue since before Christmas, but never got the chance to talk to her alone at length.

End result - car looks a lot better (repainted the rusty roof; polished the other panels) and hopefully easy child 2/difficult child 2 will take the first steps she needs to get her foot in the door in child care.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 & I went down to mother in law's to get dinner started (roast pork with all the trimmings). Went back home, watched a DVD with the kids then went down to mother in law's to finish up dinner preparations. We had a good meal, followed it with my mini microwave pavlovas for dessert. The kids left to go back to their place - SIL2 has an early appointment tomorrow.

husband & I stayed another hour while I got more knitting done. As we left there was a very light rain falling. I got home and took my towel off the clothes line - only slightly damp despite the rain. Started a load of washing - and here I am! Heading for bed soon, hoping to get some sleep on this warm night with my thermostat currently out of kilter thanks to the Tamoxifen.

Tomorrow morning, my cleaner is due, to help me hang out washing and vacuum the house for me. It's a weekly service, but with public holidays and appointments, I haven't seen her for six weeks! The house needs a thorough workover.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

H

HaoZi

Glad you got out to the beach Marg, How is daughter in law doing?

Took kiddo for her blood draw for genetic testing yesterday. This had me worried, she's been totally freaked out about it. She had a blood draw when she was in the psychiatric hospital and since that whole visit was traumatic for her, it's been really stressing her out. Made sure I got her the EMLA cream ahead of time and that she was well hydrated. Promised her ice cream afterwards. She did flip out some once she saw all the tubes that were needed (9!), and the nurse called for help with her, but she settled down and by the time help got down there the entire process was finished, so all in all she actually did really good even though she doesn't believe it.
Then we had to go to Radio Shack to pick up my new phone (that's a whole story in itself). Kiddo hates to go shopping, so taking her right after the blood draw worried me, but she did great all day yesterday. We even managed to get our groceries on the way home without much trouble. And yes, she got her ice cream. Hopefully her anxieties will calm down some now that the blood draw is out of the way, she had a bad day at school Friday and spent the day after lunch in the office.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Sounds like a really full day to me! Glad you got some beach time in. The pork dinner sounds delicious!

HaoZi-Glad to hear things went so well with the blood draw!

I've been to church and am now going to rest a bit before husband and I take difficult child bowling. I'm hoping to fit in a workout today and also we need to get grocery shopping done along with other errands. I'm not sure how much husband will be able to help with because he is totally exhausted, he is taking pain killers and muscle relaxants because of his car accident on Thurs. At first he thought he wasn't hurt but he has some very sore spots and the dr said he needed to be on these.

Later, I'll be cheering on the Packers!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!