Good Morning Sunday

Marguerite

Seems like with our daylight saving geared the opposite to you guys, I'll be doing this more often - starting the morning thread.

A quiet day today - I woke feeling awful after a bad night, I'm still not in great shape. Mind you, I was up late last night watching "Quills" - not seen it before, a brilliant film starring Geoffrey Rush as the Marquis de Sade. Awful, compelling - not a nice character but brilliantly done.

Missed church today - just feeling too unwell. We did get out later, visited difficult child 3's therapist to see if a fold-out divan her friend had would do for easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2. We had a lovely time chatting for a few hours then reluctantly attended to the errand. husband & I again confirmed why we chose our village instead of this neighbouring one - you have to be a mountain goat to climb those stairs! And I again discovered that after Monday night I am far from as capable physically as I should be, I could barely walk for the rest of the afternoon. And I didn't even help manouevre the divan down the goat path - our friend's husband helped husband.

Tomorrow I have to give a speech at an awards presentation for a childrens' writing competition (I was one of the judges). Then I'm seeing my GP and will talk to her about my recalcitrant neurologist - he STILL hasn't rung me. A lot of classic Aussie-only sayings rise to mind, but they would either be censored here or not understood. So you'll have to just use your imaginations.

Daisy the budgie (aka budgerigar, or parakeet) is now happy every day sitting on top of her cage. We think we know why she taught herself to escape - I found a cockroach as big as she is, living under the bottom of her cage. I caught it and dropped it in the bin, where it would have happily remained even after the bin bag was tied up and placed outside for collection. But still, she's learnt this skill and escape she will, constantly. We just insist on her sleeping inside the cage. Otherwise, she can do as she pleases.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

K

Kjs

good morning

Marg hope you are feeling better.

I am looking forward to the end of my work week at noon, and am going to enjoy an afternoon of football and look forward to my 4 days off.

Have a great week.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-I'm sorry you aren't feeling better-I hope you are on the mend soon. Interesting about bird escaping and that you are fine with her being out during the day. I once had a bird attack me when I was young so that would be more than I could handle!

Kjs-Enjoy the four days off and GO PACKERS!!

I'm headed to church in a bit and then to the health club. Never got there yesterday but took my dog on a 4 mile jog/walk instead. I jogged about 3/4 of the way which is a first for me and my glutes are hurting today!

This afternoon I'll be watching football (my team lost yesterday but so did Ohio State so we still have a chance at the outright Big 10 Title).

Tonight we have a church thing to go to and neither child wants to go-oh well not there choice.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful Sunday! :flower:

LittleDudesMom

:smile: Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

Marg, OMG, a cockroach as big as your parakeet :surprise: Just the thought of that gives me the heebie-jeebies! We have birds as well but years ago we had a parrot that we used to let fly loose (we adopted her after her owners couldn't keep him anymore) since that is what he was used to. But I hated it because of all the gifts he left behind. I won't let my birds fly free ever again! Years later I could be rearranging a room and find bird stuff behinds pictures, ect. Wishing you a good nights sleep tonight :sleeping:

Kjs, I hope your last few hours of work go quickly! Enjoy your time off and enjoy the game :fan:!

Sharon, we have a church program today as well = well actually it's our regular worship but done by all the children and youth of the church. I'm getting ready to go wake the troops as soon as I finish this post! Enjoy your Sunday :thumb:

Not too much on the agenda. Church this morning then difficult child and my sunday school class are going out for lunch then we are going shopping for Operation Christmas Child. Each kids will go shopping and fill a shoebox for a child of the age they choose. After that, I have no plans - well perhaps I will hit my nice, clean, warm hot tub!

Hope you can all find time to relax on what is supposed to be a day of rest.

Sharon

RAZZLYNNE17

GOOD MORNING ALL!

Marg- i hope you feel better soon, good luck with your speech

Kjs- enjoy your day off football, this is my favorite sport all levels of play, too bad it's an off week for my patriots

Sharon- enjoy your work out, we are waiting for the fitness center to open here and can't wait!

Well i hope everyone has a nice day, it has been very cold here low 40's in the day. difficult child had soccer yesterday poor thing was freezing in shorts, his team has managed to crawl out of last place by winning the last three games. Today is his last game a makeup game out of town, praying my little car makes it, and his team can win. They are playing the first place team. difficult child's coach had such nice things to say about him at the party after the game, they got certificates and he said this is one kid i've been coaching since i started, and he is full of determenation and great passing. Well have a great day i am off to freeze in a bit.

tiredmommy

Good morning Marg, Kjs, Sharon, LDM, Jen and all that follow. :coffee:
I'm running out the door for Sunday School, though I doubt I'll have many kids because most were at the service last night and the reception after. :rofl:
Have a great day! :its_all_good: