Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

This is beginning to feel like the daily bulletin from the hospital ward!

G'day, folks.

I am getting fed up with this bug, it is seriously cramping my lifestyle. My chest still hurts (even though the X-rays showed no pleurisy). It is still cold, wintry weather here although while listening to the radio this morning, they were saying that although the air temperature (max) is 16 C (60.8 F), the water temperature is 20 C (68 F), so apparently going for a swim is very pleasant.

Personally, I find 20 C water still a bit too cold.

difficult child 3 went for his afternoon walk on the clifftop, he found a vehicle where none are supposed to be, he came home with the registration number and asked me if we should report it to the police. I did, but we think it's probably a maintenance vehicle, looking at possible repairs to the cliff path (full of gullies from all the recent rains).

Tomorrow we have to go out. Not looking forward to it. mother in law has a doctor's appointment plus difficult child 3 has to see his therapist at the uni. We're dropping mother in law off for her appointment, then continuing on. I've also asked for a possible appointment with my GP (to save me having to make a special trip on Saturday morning, although it's looking like Saturday will be it). mother in law can do her shopping while difficult child 3 & I are dealing with his appointment. Then we'll meet up on the way back, I'll put in one last desperate mobile call to the doctor, then we head home (hopefully after the roadworks have re-opened the daily roadblock).

Because of these roadworks, people in the village are trying to avoid driving out of town. When we do, we either aim to leave/return early/late, or we have to drive the long way around which takes about an hour each way. It's a blasted nuisance, but the road needs fixing.

Everyone in town has a muddy car, courtesy of the drives along the exposed surfaces. There's no point washing the car until the roadwork is finished. We still have very strict rules about how we're allowed to wash cars. No hoses, no washing the car on the road or driveway (got to park on the lawn) and we have to use a sponge and bucket. It's got so I wash the car (when I'm well enough) by waiting for it to rain, then standing out in my swimsuit with a shammy mitt and letting the rain rinse everything off. Soap-free, bucket-free. I've even been known to do it in the supermarket car park... not brilliant, but certianly better than the car looks at the moment,. It looks like someone's taken a spray can of 4WD mud to all the cars in town, we all look so COOL... we've become an off-road village again!

husband & I were planning a special weekend this weekend. It's a long weekend for us, his train club has a special event and we always miss it for one reason or another. This year we made sure we had cancelled everything so we could go - and it's beginning to look like I'm going to be too ill.

Here's hoping the fever breaks permanently soon.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-This bug has really been hanging on too long:sick: I really hope you are able to get into see your doctor tomorrow. Also, I hope you are feeling well enough to go this weekend. by the way, I had to laugh at your "cold" temps, I know it's all relative but when it hits the high 40s here the kids think they should be able to be running outside with no coat and when it finally hits 60 in the spring, they are wearing shorts! Of course, come fall when we hit 60 they are in jeans, sweaters, and jackets!

We shouldn't have been so worried about difficult child and his solo yesterday, he didn't sound any different from the rest of the kids and even though he struggled (like they all were) the people in the audience really cheered him on! Also he was the only one brave enough to stand when he did his solo:) He thought he stunk though but didn't seem too upset by it. I think he is in for a tough day today because I fell asleep at 11 and he still wasn't sleeping!

Yet another long day ahead (you're probably not surprised by now when I say that). After work I have an appointment with my sports medicine doctor and then there is a retirement party for two friends I worked with years ago when teaching at another school. Also I'm hoping to fit in a visit to the health club!

Only 7 days left!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

LittleDudesMom

:alien: Good Thursday Morning!!!

Marg, every now and then you get one of those bugs that just won't let go.....hope you improve to the point where you and husband can honor your weekend plans.

Sharon, 7 more days, 7 more days, 7 more days, 7 more days :redface:! Good to hear difficult child participated and did well with the concert - even though he thought he stunk, it's great he went through with it and I know you and husband were very proud - as the parents of difficult children, we take great pride and much pleasure in the molments our difficult children participate in typical kid stuff......

It's Thursday so it's the office for me. I did a lot of extra work on Tuesday because I am expecting a friend to pass through town early this afternoon. I want to spend a little time chatting and drinking coffee with her before difficult child pick up.

Speaking of difficult child, this morning is his final SOL (standards of learning) testing. It's math, which is the one that he "dreads" the most. I've tried my best to build his confidence - keep your fingers crossed.

Hope your Thursday is a good one.

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- I hope you shake this bug, and soon!

Sharon (WO)- Good for difficult child! Confidence is at least half of a performance!

Sharon (LDM)- My fingers are crossed for difficult child too! Have fun with your friend!

I've got to pop into the church this morning and come home to vacuum. I've succeeded in cleaning my room top to bottom (except my closet! :hammer: ) and now I have to vacuum the living room from top to bottom. I hate cat fur once it's off the cat!!! We also have gymnastics this evening.

Duckie's play went well... the kids were all adorable. And mostly well-behaved, lol! :rofl:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in! :salute:

Marg's Man

I'm afraid Marg isn't going to shake this bug quickly.

I am becoming more and more convinced that she has the same thing difficult child 3 and I had (still have) and difficult child 3 had it when easy child was married on 1 May!

He is about a week ahead of me and I am about 2 weeks a ahead of Marg. If I'm right she will start feeling a little stronger but will continue to have violent coughing fits as she coughs up thick 'ropes' of mucous. The cough is persistent not unproductive and IS VERY exhausting. You feel like you have an elephant sitting on your chest as you struggle to get sufficient air in your lungs.

From what she's written I'm guessing Trish (the other Aussie here) has it in her house too. Many here are worrying about Swine Flu but the the Health Agencies are also concerned about what they are calling the Seasonal Flu. It seems to me that this 'Seasonal Flu' may be actually more severe than Swine Flu.

I hope I'm wrong but if not Marg has at least another 3-4 weeks of heavy coughing and struggling for breath ahead of her.

Marg's Man