Good Morning Thursday

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

Today, the handyman continues painting. He repaired all the water damage from the roof leak, and now he's painting the areas. He's meticulous and thorough, but S-L-O-W. Gosh, but I want my house back. It's awfully hard to tend t the babies when there's a ladder and painting supplies between me and their room.

The colour looks nice though, and the house will be much brighter when he's finished.

Other than that, I'm still working on the Giant Leaf Raking project. Hope to finish the west side yard today, and then start the front and east side tomorrow.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!

Trinity

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

Trinity, I'm glad the colour looks good, it will all be worth it when the job's done. I hope you can solve the roof leaking problem.

Well, i didn't get to the beach - easy child 2/difficult child 2 arrived unexpectedly. She had arranged for our local mechanic to go over her car prior to registration renewal (a compulsory annual expense) and stayed with us while they did it. Now, this should usually take half an hour, but they never rang her to say they were done. Meanwhile she stayed with us, watched a lot of the old archive footage the TV people transferred from our old videotapes to DVD and let her child care training analyse all the stuff showing her and difficult child 3 as babies. When she got the car back (we drove down at close of business to find out how it went) she decided to give the car the rust treatment that's it's been waiting for, for the last two years. It seemed to be her day for getting things done. Maybe because she's back on her medicaiton and no longer feelnig so nauseous. Last week she really was a mess when she tried to cut back her medications (doctor's orders).

Tomorrow I have two appointments plus some shopping. I'm taking difficult child 3 and mother in law with me, plus I'll spend a bit of time with easy child 2/difficult child 2 again and try to finalise things for her with her backpay claim. A lot of things are waiting on this being resolved. Meanwhile I need to ask for another referral, I think. A different rheumatologist, if my neurologist will agree.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

The weather has been fairly mild (but sunny). It begins to warm up again tomorrow. I'm supposed to be gonig to a writers dinner on Saturday but I haven't organised my tickets and it's probably a bit too late now. I had hoped to go, but my pain levels are fairly high and really do tire me out a lot at the moment. Again - we'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.

Oh well...

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Trinity-What color are you having it painted? I hope he is done soon so you can have your house back! Good luck with the raking-I gave up and only had difficult child do the front yard this year.

Marg-Sorry you didn't make it to the beach and I'm also sorry you are in so much pain right now. I hope the docs can help!

I'm glad to have actually made it to the health club yesterday! It felt so good to work out even if it did hurt my already sore tailbone to sit on the bike!

After work today I have an appointment with difficult child's case manager (I think anyways, the guy is not good at returning phone calls). Later today husband and I are planning on a visit to the club. It will be the first time doing weights in 2 1/2 weeks-hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends.
Trinity, the idea of you raking leaves with two small babies just boggles my mind. Good for you. Having people in the house is extremely disruptive to me. I really don't like it. I need to have a few things done and I'm putting them off. Hope this gets done quickly.

Marguerite, sorry to hear your pain is more of a problem. Hope you feel better soon. daughter is fortunate to have you helping her.

Wiped out, Yay for making it to the health club. I know that makes you feel better.

My sister in Dallas sent me a photo of snow falling!!!!!:snowing:pretty early in the winter for that to happen.
We have had pouring rain with increase in temps and humidity yesterday. Today seems deadly quiet and clear. Feels like the eye of a hurricane. Not that it is, just so calm and quiet outside. I think a cold front is making its way towards us. It's pretty humid.

I got to see the Radio City Rockettes on Monday. :xmasdancers:It's been a while and seemed much improved. It put me in the Christmas spirit.

I have mountains of laundry waiting after all the traveling I have done in the last two weeks. It's good to be home and ready to get back to the routine. I even went to boot camp even though I knew I have been in pumpkin pie overload. LOL.

difficult child continues to wait for employers to call. Not much happening. :bah-humbug:
Today, hopefully I will get more of the house decorated so I keep feeling the spirit of Christmas.
Have a good day everyone.

trinityroyal

Trinity-What color are you having it painted?

I've decided on shades of green, ranging from a sort of celery-ish colour throughout the hallways, to a sage green in the kitchen and a slightly lighter sage green in the downstairs powder room. The house is a side split, so the hallways need to be a single colour otherwise it looks kinda funny.

Fran, the way I handle the raking is to park the babies in the stroller under the trees at the edge of the yard. They get to be outside and so do I, and I fit in some exercise. Honestly, I find it so disruptive having someone in the house all the time that I try to stay away as much as I can manage. Sometimes I take the babies and drive down to the mall, just to get a bit of time alone.

I'm trying to finish raking before the big snows fall. I love a yard with lots of big old trees, but this is the one drawback. Last year, we didn't get the leaves up in time and had a terrible mess to deal with in the spring. This year I'm hoping for a different result. :D