Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day folks.

It has been a fairly productive day. I didn't get the rest I needed, hopefully an early night tonight will help. My hips are still hurting from yesterday's cortisone injections.

difficult child 3's speech therapist visited this morning for a session, then soon after she left easy child 2/difficult child 2 arrived. She had to get her car serviced (so they can get it re-registered for the next year) and also brought her washing. She has stayed for dinner and watched movies with difficult child 3, also helping him to finish his schoolwork while they watch the movies.

Tomorrow we hand in that work, probably the last he will do for this year's schooling. There's really no point him doing any more - all the marks are in, tomorrow the reports get handed out to us at the School Presentaton Day. We've been told difficult child 3 is getting an award; apparently I am too. Probably because i was on so many staffing panels this year. It seems I'm the only parnt they have left that they can call on, who has staffing panel training accreditation. Whenever they need to replace a staff member there are strict guidelines to be followed, and a parent representative has to be on board. I did the training about 18 months ago.

I didn't get to the beach - it was overcast and frankly, I'm still too sore. I did try and get some sun on our deck but about then the garage rang to let easy child 2/difficult child 2 know to come and collect her car.

After that I ran a hot bath - difficult child 3 & I needed to wash our hair for tomorrow, plus easy child 2/difficult child 2 only has a tiny bathtub in their apartment and loves the chance to soak in our 6 foot long tub. I used some very special bath gel, it always helps me relax and is good for my skin. I think my hips feel a little better after the warm soak, too.

Tomorrow we have to go into the heart of the CBD to go to the Presentation Day. At least it won't be a wintry rainy day like last year - the day difficult child 1 had his nasty car accident that almost had him having to declare bankruptcy. That was a difficult day for us all.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-I'm sorry you are still in so much pain. I hope that is gone soon. Can't wait to hear more about the awards you and difficult child 3 receive:)

Back to work today after our snow day yesterday. Today the weather word is frigid. Our high today is 6 degrees and we have a wind chill advisory. Right now it's 14 below with the wind chill:2cold:

After work today I have a therapist appointment and then need to hang around til 6:30 to pick up easy child from cheer practice. Doubt very much the club is in my future tonight. Have a feeling after all the shoveling from yesterday (which was a decent workout in itself) I'll be too tired to go anywhere after getting home!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:snowangel:

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Morning Marg and all to follow! Wow, this week is just flying by!

Marg, a nice warm soak in the tub probably helped the hips. Congrats on the presentations - have fun!

Finished the cookies for difficult child's teachers - well, his five primary teachers are gettting little holidy battery candles (sparkling spruce tree), but his male gym teacher and the three colab teachers are getting, what difficult child is calling, "snow drifts". We have a family recipe from a great aunt that calls for melted butterscotch bits and melted peanut butter being added to slightly broken potato sticks. Then you drop them onto wax paper with a spoon and they cool into "haystacks". I wanted to do something different so rather than butterscotch and peanut butter, I used melted white chocolate. difficult child looked at them and said "snowdrifts".

So I am now officially done. No more shopping, wrapping, or prepping! Just enjoy the tree and the joy :elf:!!

This week seems to be just flying by! I went to a new class at the gym last night. Cardio Circuit in the water at 6:30. During the last 20 minutes we did arm weights while doing our cardio and my right shoulder is crying in protest this morning! I don't like going to the gym in the evening because it's so crowded. But easy child was teaching this class and wanted me to try it!

I hope your Thursday is a good one - friday is only a day away :D!

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Hi Sharon, you snuck in there! Glad you have some time today to talk to your therapist. Bring a good book a get some "me" time in while you are waiting for easy child. Enjoy your day.

Sharon

TPaul

Idecor8
A GOOD MORNING to each and every Lady
and Gentleman in the house this morning!!!

:singing:May your days me merry and bright!!! sung in the key of G!!:singing:

I do hope the rest of this week and the coming weekend go smoothly for each and everyone of you. I will be glad when I am able to get on the board here more than just a few minutes in the morning before getting the kids up and ready for school. Maybe after the xmas decorating part for my client and the move into the new house, I will be able to take part more. Surely do miss it!!!!

:singing:And may all your Christmas's be white!!:singing:
Tpaul and Family

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Thursday everyone~

I am leaving for FL today...away from this 30 degree weather, thank God. I hear it will be between 75-80 where we're headed. I am going for business, but thankfully, I won't be held to the office the whole time, so H is joining me. We've successfully snuck in a little getaway alone. I cannot wait. I've researched Honeymoon Island, which is near where we will be, and we're headed there on Saturday morning for a nature walk and then we'll enjoy the beach until it's time to attend the Holiday Gala that my office in Tampa is throwing. Also cannot wait for that - it's supposed to be quite nice!

So I am hoping that my girlies take good care of the house and the pups and that easy child heeds my warning about exh sleeping over. Otherwise, I am hoping to put all of that and them out of my mind until Sunday!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sounds like you all have a busy day ahead as do I. I have Occupational Therapist (OT), speech & then head to the other side of town for pool PT. My therapist canceled my appointment yesterday due to the weather conditions so I had a snow day.

It's a balmy 3 below - don't know the wind chill; 3 below is cold enough for me.

Marg, sounds like you accomplished much today; hope those hips settle down painwise.

Sharon, somewhere i had a calculator that told hwo many calories are burnt doing what exercise. I know snow shoveling/blowing was high up on the workout list.

Sharon (ldm), so cool that everything is done for the holiday.

TPaul, a good morning to you - thanks for the greeting.

Jo, enjoy your trip.

Have a good day all - stay warm.