Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day people.

This might be my last post for a few weeks, we're going away and I don't know what level of contact we'll have. We're heading to one of the areas Oprah visited when she was here - Byron Bay. It's the most eastern pat of Australia, semi-tropical. One of my sisters lives there and her son is getting married on the family property. They were on the bottom edge of the recent floods.

We're leaving first thing in the morning - about 8 hours from now. We've just packed (sort of) but tomorrow will be challenging because difficult child 3 wants to bring every game system we have, and we've told him there just won't be room in the car. He also has to bring his box of schoolwork, and hopefully get some done on the road tomorrow (fat chance, I suspect).

We'll have about 11 hours straight driving, not counting stops, so we may have to stop overnight on the way. If we'd planned a bit better we could have left tonight, got a long way north and had a head start in the morning. But after a long day at work for husband, it might have been a bit much. Definitely a bit much for difficult child 3 while he's in the middle of a school assessment task.

So if I check in within a couple of days, then we're on the air. Otherwise... I can't wait for our government to get our promised national broadband on the air. If they are allowed to finally do it!

Enjoy your Thursday everyone.

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Have a wonderful holiday!

Hope everybody has a meltdown-free day. I must admit that I am really enjoying life without my difficult child. He couldn't have gone further away -- Australia, and he is working. When he phones (every two days or so) he sounds really calm and good, so I am not worrying about him at all.

One of my grandsons came yesterday and slept over. As you know, military conscription here is compulsory, and he has just joined up and was in his army uniform. I can't believe how old I have become -- to have a grandson in the army, and to have a great-grandson. Oh wel, 65 isn't all that old -- maybe I will live to see my great-grandson join up, although I hope that by then there will be no need for an army here. Sigh.

Love, Esther

DDD

I know it isn't morning :rolleyes: but "Hi". We just finished corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots for St. Patty's Day. I've made the same dinner every March 17th for 35 years and it tastes great every year!

Esther, our oldest gd is getting married in November and her soon to be husband wants to start a family right away as he is 40.
I may be joining you as a "great" within a year or so. Lordy, time flies by. The gd is a easy child school teacher so hopefully there will be not next generation of difficult child's from her union. DDD