Good morning Thursday!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Duckie and I have a busy day today. First, there's a program about dinosaurs at the library, then drama club, then her best friend comes for a visit before dinner. Luckily, it's supposed to rain so that means no park time for me (I'm a little run down). :wink:
Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

TM, a bit of rain is always good for the soul & to slow down a 6 year old.

It's a pretty morning after overnight thunderstorms. Feels good to let fresh air in the house again. There is a feeding frenzy at my bird feeders this morning.

kt is off to school/day treatment this morning with her brand new cell phone. Of course, use of the phone isn't allowed on the bus & it must be locked up at school.

I'm hoping to find the energy to bake cookies this morning & vacuum the living room.

Enjoy your day - keep it calm.

smallworld

Good Thursday morning!

TM, as usual, you're facing a busy day. I hope you get some donwtime in for yourself.

It's cloudy and gray in New Hampshire. Probably no boating or beaching on the agenda today. We may try to catch "Ratatouille" in town this afternoon. We tried yesterday, but it was sold out!

husband and J are managing in Maryland without us. But I think they'll be glad when we return home.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone who snuck in.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

TM-Sounds like another busy day for you. I hope you get some rest since you are feeling run down.

Linda-We don't have the cooler weather yet but are supposed to by the end of the day. Once again the storms here passed us and we have had very little rain in the last month.

SW-I hope you get in to see the movie today!

I tried that new Nordic Walking class yesterday. It was an incredible workout and I think I'll be sore today. The only problem is it was very humid and although I felt o.k. during the workout I felt very sick for about 3 hours afterwards. I know a lot of people who have Addison's Disease which I have can't tolerate a lot of heat and humidity. It never bothered me until yesterday. I figure if I try next week again I will take extra of my medications before I go!

Today I have my first therapist appointment. and then difficult child has wrestling camp. I will probably get in a work out and a nap-maybe even the pool?

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day! :beach:Hi to anyone who snuck in. :kisses:

K

Kjs

Good morning all

TM - you are always busy. You make me tired just reading about your day.

Linda - bake some cookies for me.

SW - Sounds like a good day for movies

Sharon - Like you, the rain has missed us too. You too are busy.

Last night was my first night back to work in 7 days. Feel really guilty because I wanted to do something with difficult child. But they kept saying storms were coming and didn't want to drive a few hours and pay for things if it was going to storm on us. Turns out it never stormed, or rained. I did get the deck stained/waterproofed last week. That was a two day project.
That was it. I barely have the energy to walk around the block, and with this humidity when I do I am having some trouble breathing. difficult child has the first play-off baseball game tonight. If they lose they are done, must turn in jersey's. They play a tough team. I am afraid he will not act appropriately if they lose.

That's my plan today. have a good day.

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.
TM, after all that running around, will you NEED your time in the park?

Linda, what sort of birds do you have at your feeders? I thought I heard rain tonight, but it's only the wind - really picking up at the moment.

smallworld, I hope you can get in to see Ratatouille. It's good to watch a movie on a cloudy day. I especially like movies on really hot, humid days - guaranteed cool!

Sharon, you really should have your medications on board before vigorous exercise. It really pushes your body heat up, and if you're not regulating it properly... the pool sounds good, though.

We got in really late last night, after a busy day seeing the cousins from Scotland. Classic PCs - one has just got his medical degree, the other has been studying a more general degree but is considering transferring to medicine. They're the same age as my apparently shiftless middle two... although the big difference is easy child vs difficult child and the difficulties they have. Plus, getting into medicine in Australia is almost impossible. You have to complete your high school with a 99.7% average, AFTER the marks have been scaled down! Our government regulates the number of student places to a ridiculously low level.

difficult child 3 worked hard today but needed me around, so I've been working hard too. Not easy on lack of sleep after a busy day/late night. The cousins are packing their holiday into two weeks, at which point it's back to work/study for them. Sleep, for them, is apparently a luxury they've decided to skip for the fortnight...

One of our friendly possums was peeking down at us from the garage roof tonight, probably wondering if I'd brought her any banana. But as much as possible, she should forage for herself. Trouble is, she forages in the hen house and eats their feed... we have plenty of new eucalypt flowers in bud for them, though - should be open soon, then the yard is filled with a heavy honey scent, the same smell as possum breath after they've been eating it all. My vegetable garden is covered with bird net weighed down with bricks. It's doing a good job keeping the possums out, which is great. Now I just wish I could keep the cockatoos out of the fruit trees...

I'm hoping tomorrow is a quieter day, with no visitors, no need for me to go anywhere and difficult child 3 gets a lot more work done. We've got a lot of problems to iron out with school and it's taking all my energy at the moment.

Marg

Good morning, everyone! Not much news here. easy child and difficult child are now both enjoying their VBS week. There is a fund-raiser for it tonight at the Chick-father in law-A, so they are looking forward to that. I personally think Chick-father in law-A is fairly expensive for what you get so we don't usually go there. Hope everyone has a good day!