Good Morning Thursday

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

So much for the forecast storms and heavy rain - we had more 'precipitation' (can't call it 'rain') yesterday. I held off from doing washing today, expecting it to be too wet, but it would have dried on the line. They said that yesterday some rain fell on the catchment area, so at least we got that benefit.

Still, it's been cool and overcast today, a good day for difficult child 3 to FINALLY finish the English worksheet he's been doing exclusively for the last two weeks - it's half a day's worth, for most kids.

Tomorrow we visit the school again, for a "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?" trivia quiz, a fundraiser for Amnesty. It should be fun. difficult child 3 has big gaps in his knowledge - all the stuff he never learnt first time around, because his receptive language was so poor.

Tomorrow the 'storms' should be gone, it should be getting sunny again. However, I just checked the online radar image of Sydney, there is a large storm heading our way, which is why I'm posting this now. If the storm doesn't fizzle out in the next hour, we'll get a deluge and may have to shut down for a while; we often lose power in these big storms.

Dinner is cooked - a couple of curries, one from Sri Lanka and another from southern India. I gave difficult child 3 some at lunchtime, although I usually simmer them for several hours. Not sure if BF2 will eat any - he had another tooth extracted yesterday, it made a hole in his sinus cavity and he says it's really off-putting being able to :censored2: air through his tooth with his mouth closed.

Here's hoping for a relaxing evening and a not too energetic day tomorrow. A busy weekend coming up - never a dull moment at the Marg mansion!

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Marg I always love hearing what you are doing for dinner. It always sounds so good. Hope it isn't too busy for you.

I don't have much but my counseling today. Going to take a nap for a bit.

Hope everyone has a pretty good day.

Beth

goldenguru

Good Morning Marg~

Here you are talking dinner and I'm waiting for my morning coffee to finish brewing. LOL. by the way ... I love curry. mmmm.

Morning Beth~

Napping sounds like a good plan (especially since I only slept about 4 hours last night).

We are headed to see easy child at his university. Its about an 8 hour drive. Lots of QT with hubby. No cooking for 3 days. I'm a happy wife.

Happy Thursday to all.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, your mansion sounds always exciting - always full of wonderful aromas. One day I will join you for dinner - can't say when, but it will happen.

Beth, I always need a nap before a therapist appointment. I think it's a law or something. Good luck today.

GG, it sounds like you have a wonderful long weekend planned. Enjoy the alone time with husband.

Haven't been to sleep yet tonight (this morning). I knew the higher dose of prenisone was going to throw me off again (worse). In the meantime, I did get to the bottom of my desk & I've been working on my leaf study in my nature journal. I have a quarter of the leaves collected sketched & colored; now I have to find a way to identify them.

Any of you have a good field guide to trees in the upper Midwest?

Anyway, have a good day. Hope it's calm & filled with joy.

LittleDudesMom

:its_all_good: Good Morning Everyone!

It's nice to see some not-so-familiar morning thread faces :smile:

Marg, I love curry too - our youth director and his wife are from India and we love when they come over here for movie/dinner night. I buy the big stuff, like the meat, and then they cook. Usually one spicy dish and one mild! BF2's tooth issue sounds awful :thumbsdown: Enjoy your evening.

Beth, sounds like a nice slow day for you. Enjoy your nap :sleeping:

GG, sounds like a fun trip! You can take a nice nap in the car while husband is driving! Enjoy your chore-free holiday :princess:

Usual Thursday for me - office work, payroll, etc. Finished my wreath yesterday. It was fun, it's been awhile since I've done something like that. I needed that positive creative outlet. I've been feeling a little down lately. Not sure why.

Wishing everyone a bright Thursday :thumb:

Sharon

Marguerite

Linda, will this help?
http://www.uwsp.edu/cnr/leaf/treeid.shtml

G'day Beth and GG. Don't be too misled when I call our place "mansion" - it's really very compact. I'm grabbing a minute while I wait for the rice to cook. I just made a quick chicken teriyaki risotto for BF2, who still can't eat anything but mush. I'd made chicken teriyaki drumsticks last night, I saved the pan juices 'cause I had a hunch I'd get to use 'em tonight.

By the way, I've been told that's the name of the world's oldest living kamikaze pilot - chicken teriyaki!

enjoy your day, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Marg,

That's so bad!!! I can't believe you said that. :rofl: :smile:

Thanks for the link - may also wonder out to half priced book stores to see if I can get a couple of books that I've been meaning to get to use with my nature journaling.

Have a good one. :autumn:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
I'm a little under the weather, so forgive me for not addressing each of you personally. :ill: Lots of errands today's and I finally bring our stray cat into the SPCA today after he has need medication for an abscess for the last week. :crying: Keep your fingers crossed for Duckie, she doesn't look right and may be coming down with something. Ugh! We have 2 birthday parties, a cheer competition and football game this weekend! :fan: Plus, she'll be upset if she's sick for trick or treating. :ghost:
Have a great day! :flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marguerite-Sorry you didn't get to hang your clothes on the line. I really miss having a clothes line-we had one when I was growing up. Enjoy the curries-they sound yummie! Just got to the bottom and read about chicken teriyaki :rofl:

Beth-Naps are good! :sleeping:

GG-Good to see you on the morning thread. Enjoy your drive and quiet time with your hubby.

Linda-I'm sorry you aren't sleeping. The leaf study sounds like fun :autumn:

Sharon-I bet your wreath is beautiful. I'm not creative artistically so I always love seeing other's work. Sorry to hear you are feeling down-I hope it doesn't last long :flower:

It's nice to be getting a later start today-don't have to get up quite so early for teacher conventions. difficult child even got up and went down to watch cartoons without pestering us and that doesn't happen too often. :thumb:

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful Thursday-hi if you snuck in. :ghost:

Catwmn

Good Morning to all ...
Not much on the agenda today....Conference with Aaron's teacher, he's been having a LOT of absence seizures at school and we are discussing ways to help him with that...

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

I just looked at the time - I've got to get moving!!! I don't have time to address each of you individually. However, it's been awhile since I've been here and been able to have a cup of :coffee: with all of you...

Just want all of you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping you have at least one reason to laugh (Ok, Marg has already provided this for us - thanks Marg!!!} :rofl: or at least smile :smile: today... :flower: :autumn: WFEN :autumn:

TerryJ2

Marg, we had curry the other night. Yumm! The only problem is, the house still smells like curry many days after.
Hi Beth. Take it easy.
GG, that's a long drive!
So sorry about the prednisone, Linda. I hate that stuff.
Can you Google Upper Midwest trees? I know a few leaves but you'd have to email me the JPEGS. I was born in MN.
Glad you finished your wreath, Sharon. Maybe your mood is tied to fall weather and shorter days?
Busy weekend, TM! Good luck with-the kitty.
Sharon, glad you got a few min. of extra sleep and difficult child watched cartoons. We have to be thankful for every little thing!
Catwmn, so sorry about the school absence seizures. Wish I had some wise words.
I've got a cold and cramps. :frown: I'm going to try to finish a painting and then nap. It's rainy and perfect for going back to bed. We desperately needed the rain!!!! We planted grass seed and hardly any has germinated.

:painter: