Good Morning Tuesday

trinityroyal

Wow! I think this is the first time I've been up and at 'em early enough to start this thread.

So...lots of adventures today. There was a BIG snowfall last night, and the ploughs haven't been around to clear the roads. I think I'll take transit today just to avoid the bad driving.

Second day on the job. Today I'm running around to 3 separate offices. One to pick up the computer they've assigned to me, the next to get my security ID and access cards, and the third to find out my desk assignment. Fortunately, the 3rd is also the building I'm supposed to work in, so I can stop there.

A very delightful thing happened yesterday, on my first day...
The group I'm working with is a centralized division that provides support for all of the regional divisions. Yesterday we received our regional assignments, and I've been assigned to the region where husband works. At least once a week, I will be working at his office, AND with the department he works with.

It's funny...we met at work and we're in the same field so we've worked together before, but not for a long long time. It's going to be interesting, and I'm very excited.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Trinity

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends & fellow warrior parents. :good_morning:
Hi trinity, be safe on those roads today. by the way, I just couldn't pull myself out from under the blankets this morning.
Geez, it's cold here this morning! :frostbite: We rec'd a good 4 - 5 inches of snow yesterday & over last night. Once that snow hits the ground the temps drop quickly.

Anyway, have a fresh pot of HMJ brewed & in my carafe :coffee: & am enjoying my first cup of a local roasters blend called Birchwood. Really easy for the first thing in the morning.

Today is supposed to be busy ~ depends on when my snow removal service gets here. Yesterday he arrived & introduced himself, showed me the insurance certificate & went to work around 1 or so. If he doesn't get here before 8:30 or so I cannot make the mtg husband & I have set up with the marriage counselor/mediator. Then I'm to meet with kt's in home therapist before kt gets home (more fun); after that a staffing for wm is scheduled.

Somedays life is just too fun ~ don't ya think? :hairy::highvoltage: All these mtgs piled up & I kept telling myself I could handle this stuff. However, I believe I have a natural excuse (the snow) if I cannot do all of it. ;)

Have a safe, warm day folks. Hope your difficult children are cooperative & your day is productive.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Trinity-Sounds like a busy day ahead-glad you have a good transit system to help you get around! How fun for you to be working with husband!!

Linda-I'm glad you have the snow for an excuse-I hate days with all sorts of meetings-as warrior moms we have way too many of those!

I'm not sure how much snow we've had so far-doesn't look huge because we had a bunch of freezing rain first. I'm guessing we'll have school which I don't mind if the roads are o.k. but I do not want to be on the roads if they are slippery! Days like this I wish I taught at the elementary school by my house so I could walk.

Who knows though-are storm warning goes through tonight so maybe they will close schools.:blizzard:

Only thing tonight is wrestling and that might very well be canceled. Maybe I can sneak in the club if the roads aren't too bad.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:forchristmas:

Rabbit

Good Morning All! I am so glad we do not have
snow here at this time.
Trinity- hope u continue to enjoy working at the new job!
Linda and Sharon- Stay safe!
Hope everyone has a calm safe day!
Hugs Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

You're all snowbound (except for Rabbit)! Wow! It sounds so romantic; I know now that the reality can be far more awkward, especially when it's difficult to get out and about due to drifts and road closures. I really want to experience a white Christmas one day.

We had a fairly hot day today, for our trip to the city. difficult child 3 & I really enjoyed seeing Rolf Harris at the Sydney Opera House. It was a preview/rehearsal concert so there were not many people, only the first five rows full. It felt very friendly, very cosy. Loads of fun, the guy's brilliant at painting and music - an all-round entertainer and down-to-earth bloke.

We felt like tourists, walking around the concourse to the Opera House. It really was a picture perfect day, with cameras clicking all round us, tourists everywhere. I dressed up for the event while difficult child 3 wore his too-short jeans and filthy sneakers. I had to buy him some socks on the way because he couldn't find any at home.

husband stayed home (I couldn't get extra tickets and he had a day off) but easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 came out to get their car checked out for registration renewal (an annual compulsory check-up). So they were there when we got home, husband had cooked a lamb roast (the typical Aussie meal for the return of the prodigal). We discussed their wedding plans and especially talked about the need to keep costs down for their honeymoon (they wanted to go to Europe, for two weeks only and had no idea of the costs). We needed to have that talk, the kids need to organise their plans ASAP.

Tomorrow we have a very early start, difficult child 3 & I are going back to the school for another meeting (for me) and work session (for him). It's going to be a big day.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:frostbite: Good Morning all you lucky ladies with snow!

Our weather is crazy - Sunday it was in the high 20's with wind chill, yesterday was 40 and tomorrow it's supposed to be in low 60's!!!!

Trinity, great to see you up and starting the morning thread! I must have missed something - I don't recall you getting a new job! Nice that you can see husband at work weekly! Stay safe on those roads today.

Linda, sounds like a crazy, busy day for you. Hope your snow removal guy shows up early. If you can't do it all, don't stress yourself about it. It will make you feel worse and I'm sure it'll tell physically as well. Perhaps you could ask husband to pick you up for the mediation meeting. Hang tough girl.

Sharon, snow, snow, snow and ice :frozen: - where do I sign up? Hope school is at least delayed for you this morning. Stay warm!

Marg, glad you had a nice time and enjoyed the concert. Another wedding.......... The lamb roast sounds great. I only have lamb perhaps once a year at Easter and I do enjoy it.

Rabbit - hope your day is a smooth one!

Another busy one for me today. difficult child and I had a great psychiatrist appointment yesterday. difficult child has always had an issue with increased frustration and irriatability with stimulant increases. We increased his adderall from 10 to 15 mg about a month ago. His 1:1 and I have noticed a shorter fuse. His psychiatrist asked difficult child what he attributed this to and difficult child, with his extremely low manly voice said one word in response, "puberty". The psychiatrist laughed and said, "You could be right difficult child, that could be having an effect."

We went on discuss how his "H" in adhd has gone down in recent years to be replaced by an increased problem with maintaining interest and focus in school. The psychiatrist suggested we try vyvanse. He's had much success with teen-age boys on this medication. Said their comments have been "it makes me feel more like myself". Said that it is a slow, even, continual release rather than the two punches the adderall xr has. It also lasts a couple hours longer to help with homework or after school activities. We'll see....today will be the first test day. psychiatrist gave us a coupon for three months free!

Wishing you all a great Tuesday - stay warm :sled:

Sharon

Jena

Good morning you guys!!

I wish I had snow, love snow!!

Trinity wow you were up early today!! Good luck today, tha'Tourette's Syndrome excitiing that you guys get to work together that way. I hope your day goes well, it sounds like you have alot of running around to do.

Linda - Good morning, coffee sounds good! Be careful today if you go out, if the roads are bad. Like you said "perfect excuse"... :)

Sharon - be careful out there as well.........

Rabbit - Have a great day whatever it is you do.

Marg - wild that it's so so hot there. lol. good luck with those meetings, keep us posted :)

Sharon LDM - Good luck with the new medication, I heard another board member talking about that medication as well. Have a great day today,

difficult child has a show tonight, entire 4th grade goes on stage to sing xmas songs. She is extremely nervous, we will see if she does it. so today i have to run around go pick up a black skirt and black shoes she'll need for it. So, today's an easy day for me. Than later the show if she makes it and we are getting our tree after that.

I hope everyone has a great day today and be careful if you have snow.

Andy

GOOD TOO EARLY MORNING
:D:D:D
Trinity - Have a great time. When you work at husband's office will you be there all day so you can commute with him? Glad things are going so well.

Timer - Yes, the snow is a natural "can't do this" excuse. Make sure you are very comfortable leaving the house. Your safety comes first.

Wiped - Tons of rain probably means ice under the snow. Not good. You be extra safe out there.

Rabbit - No snow yet? Mind if my family moves in for awhile?

Marg - I am glad you enjoyed the opera.

Little Dude's Mom - I am glad the appointment was successful.

Jennifer - I hope you have a successful shopping day. I would love to help but am quite a bit behind at work again so better do that! LOL!

Our snow removal guy was here at 2:30 this morning (I have a thread in the watercooler). It is so hard for me to get up - I even was in bed by 9:30 again last night. I have Parent Teacher League tonight but it should be a short meeting - not much on the agenda that I am aware of.

Everyone have a warm day (but not too hot for Marg and others in hotter areas). Our windchill factor is way too cold! I suppose I better get difficult child going. Brrrrrrr.

Find a way to make your difficult child laugh today!

Woofens

Morning all! I've been thinking about posting here for a couple weeks, but I read the threads when the kids are getting ready for school then crawl back in bed when they leave (darn heated mattress pad anyhow lol).

Its 45 degrees here this AM!!! No gloves or earmuffs when we went to the bus stop :) It is supposed to rain all day though, but with a high of 52!

easy child S has a doctor appointment today for her flu mist thing at 10 AM. I'm gonna ask about a chicken pox booster for her too, as the chicken pox is running rampant at her school, and about 3/4 of the kids that have it have had the shot :( I'm trying to call my OB as I'm not sure what exposure to the chicken pox can do to me at 10 weeks pregnant. I was going to take her back to school after her appointment but decided to keep her out and spend the day with her, as she and I hardly ever get any time alone together.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Jan

Today I do not have to leave the hone :). I am trying to do some relaxing/resting/refilling. I also hope to do some online holidaay shopping, hopefully it will be peaceful. difficult child is sill sleeping. I am writng two holiday cards a day. Laundry and clutter is backed up. I hope to get some help tomorrow-have ben and will continue to clear a bit today. Compassion

Critter Lover

Good Morning ALL!

Trinity - congrats on you liking your new job and getting to work along the side of hubby again! Stay safe with your driving conditions. Snow is pretty but a bear to drive in...could be one
reason why I moved to Florida...LOL.

Timer - stay warm and safe with that snowfall you have gotten.
Good luck with all the meetings you have scheduled.

Wiped Out - be careful with the icing roads and I hope your weather
conditions do not get worse.

Rabbit - hope you have a great day and your kids are doing better!

Marg - hope you do not get blasted with the heat too bad but we suffer it here in Florida in our summers so I can relate to the heat
you are getting. Sounds like Rolf Harris was cool to see and not too crowded....the only way to see an entertainer....coziness! Lamb roast YUMMY! my type of meal.....do not get that much at my house since hubby is strickly a beef and potato man :tongue:. Good luck with all the wedding plans. Wondering when we will have to start doing that same thing when her boyfriend finally proposes....they already own a house together so it is a matter of time.

LittleDudesMom - Good luck with getting your difficult child's medications at a right level that works for him. A coupon for three months free? WOW what a psychiatrist!

Jennifer - Good luck to your difficult child's Christmas show tonight. She will probably have fun once she is there singing her heart out!

Adrianne - Stay warm and have fun at Parent Teacher League tonight. When I get cold....all I want to do is hybernate like a bear so I know what you mean about wanting to stay in bed.

Woofens - You will have to keep us posted of what the doctor will do for your daughter. I can see your concern with the chicken pox booster and the chance of her getting it while you are preggie. Have
fun with the rest of the day having a mother/daughter day. I love the times I use to do that with my daughter.

We are suppose to have temps from 70's to 80's. I have two trees
up in my house and we have one partially decorated and the 9ft one in my livingroom is totally naked. Will have to try to decorate it tonight on a ladder and hoping I do not fall. I guess we will try to decorate all the inside and maybe Sunday we can decorate a little on the outside. I usually have all this done the day after Thanksgiving but we went away this year and through my schedule off. Guess I hate having my routine interrupted just like my difficult child.....LOL.

My difficult child decides to call us at midnight constantly ringing the phone for 15 minutes and when you answer ...No one is there and no dial tone. Finally my husband gets a hold of son on his cell and ask him if it was him...."NO not me". I talked to him and said....if it is you that is very inconsiderate of you to call anyone at this hour knowing most people have to get up early to go to work. So I suggest you stop doing it and go to sleep yourself. WOW....funny how after that phone call ....we never had anyone else call.:surprise: Never could get a restful night sleep after that .....grrrrr! Will take his cellphone away from him if this persist.

I hope I can finish my Christmas shopping up by this Saturday including shopping for husband.

Have a good Tuesday!

Critter Lover (Sheryl)