Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

What a day! difficult child 3 finally got his writing task done (sort-of) just as I made contact with his teacher to discuss the problems he was having. We're going to organise a face-to-face lesson for when he gets the next one. I talked to the teacher in charge of special provisions for the state-based exams at the end of the year - sounds like we're going to have a fight on our hands, the Board now apparently refuses "use of computer" and insists the kid uses a scribe instead. Not appropriate for a kid with autism, but they do try it on. However, it's not going to be easy, trying to get some appropriate support in place. Ridiculous, but this mob is notorious for not listening.

I've still got another red-tape fight on my hands with difficult child 1's health insurance which will keep me busy.

husband has been home today, which has been good. We didn't do anything much together, he was just pottering around while I was busy with difficult child 3. He came out with us when we left for difficult child 3's drama class, we took the time to do some shopping and get some more paperwork done. A productive afternoon.

Tomorrow we begin three consecutive days of appointments. We're going to have more of those ahead as we work on the special provisions applications. The Board wants all reports to be less than 12 months old, so we'll have to do this again next year too. Very frustrating.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-It sounds exhausting having to advocate for so much. I hope you are able to get in some rest with your upcoming appts.

Winter is back. We are expected to get up to 5 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. Hopefully the driving won't be too bad. At least at this time of the year the snow shouldn't last too long!

This morning before school I have therapy for my TMD. Then it's off to work. We aren't sure whether difficult child has wrestling practice tonight or not. If not then I am going to be sure to try and get to the health club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Janna

Good morning everyone,

Marg, battles with schools are never ending. It's not just your mob LOL! I'm sorry they're being difficult with difficult child 3. He's such a good boy and a great learner. I hope you get what is going to be best from them.

Sharon, you can keep that snow there! Enjoy it. Good luck with therapy.

Sitting - relaxing - drinking my coffee - just waiting for D to get up and the chaos to begin LOL! I think he's coming "down" from whatever high he has been on the last few days. Everything's been calm, except his mouth.

I have a tour for J scheduled today at a Learning Center. I think it's somewhat like a Sylvan type environment, they take you, help you "catch up" to grade level, then send you back to regular school. It's not for behavioral (E.D.) kids but rather ones falling behind, but not L.D. He's having a heck of a time with studies, poor kid - tries so hard, and just isn't getting there, so I hope this might be his answer.

B is out all day today til 9. Thank GOD! I'll have the house to MYSELF. Finally.

I'll get my 3 miles in. I've been doing it, just too busy to remember to type it. I finally hit the 60 pounds down mark (I've been hanging at 58 LOL) yesterday. Finally!!!

Everyone have a good day

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Friends!

Sorry I don't have time to great you all personally. Time is running short this morning!

Had to take easy child to the doctor yesterday. Temp of 103.5!!!!! Strep test was negative - doctor believes perhaps mono and the flu at the same time!

Have to meet the PTA treasurer to finalize figures and pass over book fair money this morning when I drop off difficult child.

Should hit the office and the gym - my eating has begun to get out of control. I've started WW points again. That cruise will be here before I know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great Tuesday!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Marg, I hate it when schools do not take into account a learning or other type of disability when it comes to testing & the like. The child fails, the school (at least here) looks bad & could lose funding (kind of backwards) & mostly the child feels awful about him/her self. Good luck.

Sharon, we don't have the snow forecast ~ just more of the cold. Good luck at therapy this morning.

Janna, coffee! That's what I'm missing this morning. Enjoy your day of quiet.

kt is off to day treatment this morning. She's up, dressed & waiting for the bus even as we speak. AND will be in school 6 hours. Six whole hours. I can get "adult" things accomplished with-o her sitting here listening & worrying about everything that's being said.

I have a GP doctor's appointment this morning. Even though I haven't rec'd my new insurance card yet they want me in there. I was kind of hoping to just skip the visit & get medication refills. Geeeeez. ;)

Have a fine Tuesday.

artana

Good Morning,

Marg- It's so frustrating to continuously advocate. I hope the meetings are fruitful.

WO - Wrap yourself in lots of blankets and have some hot cocoa. I really hope the weather is not on its way here.

Janna - It sounds like a good idea. The learning center will hopefully be a good fit.

TL- Adult time is definitely in short supply I think. Enjoy it!:)

I'm at work. It's 18 degrees. My easy child has been told if he's good for a week he'll get fish for a tank we bought him for being good another week. This morning he tells me he thinks he has to stay home because he doesn't think he can behave himself today. I think he's scared of having an off week.:p

Off to work again.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It really seems like a Monday for us here, due to the wonderful President's Day Holiday.

Marg, it sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Hang in there, persistence really does pay off. It's funny, difficult child is now in his senior year of high school , and he's finally getting most of the accomodations that he has been needing all along. The school relented and gave him a waiver for extra time when taking tests, and his grades really soared. Linda, you are so right, it really does make the school look better when they assist our kids with special needs. I just think there is a huge fear out there of being "too soft"...

Sharon, sorry to hear about the snow. Maybe it will be a short term storm :)

Janna, enjoy that time to yourself. Isn't it precious? I am so impressed by your weight loss. Wow!

Sharon, I hope that easy child feels better soon. It has sounded like the book fair has been a real success. I know that you are proud of your work!

Linda, I hope the gp visit goes well and is worth the effort. Sometimes you have to wonder about some of those "follow up" visits.

difficult child has to go to school an hour early for the next few weeks as the band practices before school. It's interesting, as mornings are always so difficult for him. But for some reason, he doesn't mind getting up for band. He really loves his music and has mentioned that he might want to major in music in college. We'll see, as it's more work than he may be thinking :)

Because he is so far behind in his Senior Project he is having to stay an hour after school every day for "assistance". I'm not really sure how much work is getting done on his paper - which is about self advocacy for individuals with disabilities. He has to finish in order to graduate, so the next few months should be interesting, to say the least!

I'm working at home today except for a quick run I have to make to a meeting about ten miles away. I'm so spoiled, I just hate to have to drive that far - but it has to be done. LOL.

Everyone, have a great day and find some quiet moments for yourselves!!!

TerryJ2

Marg, no matter how frustrating, you always tackle it head-on. You're a great mom and a great mentor to the rest of us!

Sharon, if I were a kid, I'd love that snow. Funny how our perspective changes when we're adults. :)

Janna, congrats on your walks and your pounds! Bravo! I hope the learning center works out. It really helped our difficult child catch up. Expensive, though.

Sharon, let us know what the monospot results are. Poor easy child! Good luck with-getting in shape. I should book a pretend cruise so to force myself to get in shape ...
Linda, sorry your precious 6 hrs will be broken up with-a dr appointment. Well, at least you'll get about 4 hrs. Sigh.

Artana, brrr! I had to chuckle at your easy child's comment. No, staying home to earn a fish is not a good idea ... :)

1Day, bravo that your difficult child is inspired by music and gets up every day for band. I like him already! (I love music.) Best of luck with-his sr project. Good topic, for sure.

My difficult child is home ... again. His heart was racing last night and he had difficulty falling asleep. No more Zoloft for him! He caught my cold, too. :( If he makes it through 5th grade, it will be amazing ...
We saw Hotel for Dogs yesterday. Very cute!
I am going to walk around the yard today to see how far I can get with-o coughing. I really need to exercise. I hate being sick!