Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Yet another day of coughing my lungs up. Back to the GP today - she's ordered more blood tests, still thinks it's whooping cough. At least the pneumonia is gone, she couldn't hear any chest sounds (that shouldn't be there, that is).

We were a lot longer "on the mainland" than we expected, we got some shopping done too but have decided to skip difficult child 3's drama class tonight (which would have involved a second round trip "outside").

Our media is interesting - Gordon Ramsay has been verbally bashing one of out tougher media reporters, claiming it was all a joke which she can't take. Yeah, right. Now he claims the reporter attacked his wife - she didn't, not at all. They say there is no such thing as bad publicity - I think in Ramsay's case, that's about to be proved wrong.

When Frank Sinatra visited Australia back in the early 70s he caused a similar ruckus by claiming one of our female journalists was a prostitute (only he used a rougher word). Sinatra got blacklisted and had to apologise to get out of the country, the airports wouldn't touch him, his baggage or his team.

This is looking even nastier.

Oh, joy...

Fasten seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-I'm sorry you are still feeling so sick, this thing has got to leave your system:sick: I don't know who Gordon Ramsay is but will do a google search on him later today but he sounds like he is a not too nice guy. You'll have to let us know how this plays out.

Four more days!!! Yes, I am very excited. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of rest in the next few weeks (at least I hope so). No appointments tonight after school so husband and I can head right to the health club, then I'll come home and make dinner. It will be good to be done early.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marg's Man

I got Marg to go online and do her CD stuff early tonight. That's why she's starting the Good Morning thread - it was only 5:00pm (our time) when she made the post. Hopefully I will get her to go to bed and rest a bit earlier than midnight. She cares about you lot!

Gordon Ramsey is an English celebrity Chef with a reputation for his very foul mouth. His main programme is "H***s Kitchen" featuring him coming into failing restaurants and turning the business around. We see it here in Australia as a feed from the US so we would have thought you know him.

He IS a VERY good chef and a an even better businessman but I think I would punch his lights out if I worked for him. Personally, I refuse to watch the show.

He's out here at the moment for some reason (I don't pay enough attention to him to really know why) and is on the interview circuit. And now the fool has antagonised one of our top TV interviewers!

He's now hitting back by saying she antagonised him. Anyone who saw that interview won't believe that!

Marg's Man

Marguerite

For analogy - it was as if Barbara Walters was getting called ugly, a pig, a lesbian etc. Apparently he put up a picture of a naked woman with multiple breasts and the face of a pig, then called it "Tracy Grimshaw". Then replaced it with Miss Piggy.

Our Deputy PM is a woman (and a very tough one). She was seen on TV tonight suggesting Gordon Ramsay should get back into the kitchen.

As for his being a good chef and a good businessman - apparently his restaurants are in trouble, he nearly was in receivership last year, he is financial trouble.

Hmm, wonder why...?

We have a short TV program (weekly) called "Media Watch". It's like an inpartial watchdog, a sort of journalists' show for journalists. We're looking forward to next week's episode.

It's going to be cold tonight, we broke out the down doona. I'm about to crawl into bed and try to get some sleep. husband is back to work tomorrow, I've already cancelled tomorrow night's choir practice (I had to cancel the last two weeks already). We've got a performance coming up, it will be interesting, with no practice and about four non-singers...

I've been reading up on whooping cough. The other possibility is mycoplasma, the doctor has been looking at both. difficult child 3 has to have more blood tests, it will give clues for all of us. Hopefully husband will get to see his doctor tomorrow, to check out the bruising under his arm which we're concerned could be due to cracking a rib from coughing.
difficult child 3 was considering doing without emla cream for his next blood tests, but he's now chickening out so I need to order some emla form our pharmacy tomorrow. And I think I need to cancel my cleaner again this week. Thankfully husband did a load of washing yesterday (along with everything else he has done). He cooked a roast dinner for us tonight.

Sharon/WO, when you say "four more days" - is that until the end of your school year? Do you have any plans for the holidays? Some hobbies, or similar?

Marg