Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Well, things have heated up politically here. Our national government is a two-party democratic system and our opposition party (Liberal - very conservative mob) have elected a new leader, someone I never thought would get in, perhaps the most conservative, reactionary bloke they could have chosen. He's announced he will block the proposed "green" legislation which the previous leader had already had watered down a great deal to try to please everybody; our current Prime Minister has said tat if that leglation gets blocked he will call an early election. It is expected that if an early election is called, the Liberals are likely to lose even more control in the government which would then allow the current government to pass just about any laws they want.

The rumours are, we'll have an election by February. The platform will be global warming. The Liberals say it's a myth, but if they campaign on that platform through our Aussie summer, when temperature records are falling almost every day, this is going to be fascinating to watch. The first speech the new leader made (obviously had to be anti-goverment, of course) was a loud criticism of how much our new government has spent and how bad it is for the country for this to have happened. Silly man - all that spending is why Australia is one of the few places in the world NOT in recession! THis will be a very interesting election campaign! Our Prime Minister met with Barack Obama today, but there was very little about it on our news. It got eclipsed by the other stuff.

All this was happening while I was trying to get some political action for mother in law, there have been problems with her medication supply which we've just about got sorted out.

Tomorrow difficult child 3 & I are heading in to his school to have a final end-of-year meeting with the Special Education teacher, to put things in place for next year. We've got a lot to do in a short time. I also need to drop in on easy child 2/difficult child 2 and perhaps try to telephone the government agent who is helpnig her with her backpay claim. It looks like that is almost settled, and in good time too, since she is rapidly running out of money and borrowing from us at every turn.

I just want Occupational Therapist (OT) get these problems resolved before Christmas, so we can relax and know everything is under control!

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

crazymama30

Good Morning.

Marg--sounds like a very interesting political time. Hope your meeting at school goes well, and hope easy child 2/difficult child 2 gets her back pay soon. That sounds like a mess.

No work today, difficult child has Occupational Therapist (OT) and therapy, I am going to my grandfather's doctor appointment with him, then to the the dentist and then finally home. Somehow all that stuff got scheduled without overlapping. Luck I guess.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Marg, I have always hated election time around here - all the pandering & wheeling & dealing. Glad to hear mother in law medication issues seem to be sorted out.

CM30, I'm impressed you managed to get all those appts in with-o an overlap. Very impressed. Sounds like you need to order in dinner tonite - what Chinese, pizza?

I slept until 10 or so. I missed a lab appointment ~ supposed to get my H1N1 shot this morning & blood levels checked out. Amazing when one is so very tired they can sleep thru 2 alarms isn't it?

I have a few loads of laundry to accomplish today & tomorrow; that with bill paying & sorting thru the mail that greeted me when we got home is about all I can handle today.

I've been too long from my piano & my artwork that I'd rather do that & may.

Have a good day all.