Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I managed a moderately quiet day today. Got to the doctor this morning (local GP, not my usual one) to get a prescription for the antibiotics I had already begun taking (I have a good system). Then when I got back home (still before mid-morning) I swung into my routine with difficult child 3's schooling. Got messages off the phone - one of my sisters tried to ring last night. Her twin is sick in ICU. Tried calling her back - no response. So I began working my way around my sisters, leaving messages where I could. Talked to a couple of sisters but they didn't know a lot. Also rang difficult child 3's school, left messages for two teachers re admin stuff.

By midday I decided it was now or never, to go for a swim. So I pulled on an old swimsuit (more comfortable), grabbed my mobile phone and a towel and headed off on my mobility scooter. Told difficult child 3 where I was going and to refer all messages to my mobile.

Almost at the beach - call 1. School. Stood around on the beach finishing the call. Put the phone in my bag - it began to ring in my hand. Call 2 - the school again, another teacher. Lay around on the beach talking to her. Hung up - phone buzzed in my hand - message from sister, probably about her twin. Decided to swim first, ask questions later. Had a very quick splash (brr!) then dried my hands, lay down on the sand (I save my towel for drying, I just lie on the wet sand near the edge to sunbake) and rang my sister. I normally won't make long calls during peak times on my mobile, but this is a sister in ICU. Hellwithit.

I got the story. She's under observation in ICU, still no diagnosis, sounds like pneumonia plus plus. Another of our sisters lives near the hospital, she's been keeping a close watch (which is why she wasn't answering her phone).

I finished the call, went back in to the water to rinse off (not so brrr this time) then headed home. I'd had about an hour, physically resting at least.

Got home, fed difficult child 3 & myself, rested for about an hour (fielding more phone calls including a tearful easy child 2/difficult child 2 having admin problems) then got busy on the phone again. Sorted out easy child 2/difficult child 2's admin problems then headed out to difficult child 3's drama class.

So although I rested, I still got a lot done.

husband & I had dinner together again tonight after difficult child 3's drama class. It's late now, just posting before I head for bed.

Tomorrow we have nothing scheduled except my choir practice tomorrow night. I cancelled last week but I'm feeling well enough this week, I think. Tomorrow I plan to call the hospital and talk to them about my sister, find out more. I'd like to go see her but I don't think I'm well enough for that drive yet. She's still in Sydney, but almost two hours' drive away from us. Her twin is even worse off - she lives almost at the border of Queensland, it would take about 9 hours of continuous driving just to get there. Plus she has a farm to run. So I need to do it all remotely, then talk to my family about what we plan to do to help. At this stage, offering moral support and ideas is the best a lot of us can do. Thank goodness we have one sister living near her!

I told easy child 2/difficult child 2 (who is recovering from what turned out to only be a bad ankle sprain) and as she said, "It never rains but it pours."

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

I have some housework and errands to do, including a run into the local social security office regarding a monthly check my mother never received. Blech!:hammer:

Have a good day all! :salute:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Friends!

Marg, glad you got a little swim and soaked up some VitD yesterday. Hope all is ok with your sister.

TM, sorry you have to handle that today.

You can tell spring is trying to take hold here in Central Va ~ the mornings and evenings are cool and the days are warm. I think we got up to 65 yesterday - my grandmother used to call this coffin weather......a little morbid don't you think?

I'll be at the office until around 11:30, then I'm running home to grab a bite and let the dog out to head back to difficult child's school for the book fair. Yesterday was one of two student preview days, when they come down with their class, and we usually don't sell much. However, yesterday I did four times the usual in sales! It's the buy one get one free incentive! If you think you are getting a deal you buy more! But I must say, the best part is when the student comes in, counts their dimes, nickels and pennies, hands me 99 cents, picks two erasers, then hands one to their best friend!

Wishing everyone a great day!

Sharon :peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-Saying a prayer your sister starts recovering soon! Glad you were able to get in your swim. If you are feeling at all tired tomorrow please stay home from practice.

TM-I hope you finish your errands quickly and are able to find some time for yourself.

Sharon-Love the eraser story! I love when kiddos do things like that. by the way, I'm jealous of your "coffin" weather. I know you are enjoying it after all that snow this winter (even though I know you love the snow)!

Spring is coming, just not as fast as by Sharon's. Here we are expecting 45 and a chance of showers. We have a dense fog advisory until 10 this morning. Crossing my fingers we have seen the last of the snow but not really believing it's over.

After work today I need to have both difficult child and easy child/difficult child in the car. husband has a therapist appointment and easy child has a confirmation appointment so I have to pick up both kids. Keep a good thought we have at least a semi peaceful drive as lately both kids have been at each other.

Tonight I need to get to the club-didn't make it there yesterday!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

Sharon/WO, I can't stay home from choir practice - I'm the conductor! But someone collects me, then drops me home afterwards, plus it's only for 90 minutes, I'm sure I'll be fine for it. I won't even be able to get to the beach tomorrow, though - autumn weather again, getting colder with some coastal rain.

I was told today when I had to ring welfare for my daughter, that difficult child 3 has been granted his pension. We haven't got the letter yet, but the money is already in his bank account. I have to go to the dentist on Friday so I'll bring difficult child 3 with e and meet the bank officials to set up a special trust account for him, so he can't get his hands on the bulk of his pension. We did this for difficult child 3, it was a huge blessing in so many ways.

Meanwhile i have more paperwork to fight - someone at welfare decided that for some insane reason, I don't qualify as a carer!
Lunacy...

Marg