Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

We just got home after a long day. difficult child 3 had an appointment with therapist (very productive) after which we collected husband from work and headed to the regional hospital for my first appointment with the radiation oncologist.

I was an hour with the doctor. He's lovely, he really explained everything well and made it clear - I have the choices all along. I've been offered the chance to help out a research study - the only difference will be that I will start the anti-hormone medications when they say, and not immediately. It MAY still be fairly immediate, but it could be after the radiation. Info to date says that it makes no difference to long-term outcome, this is research to confirm this.

After that we had a rush shopping trip to the mall (grocery shopping plus a few other items including wool for my knitting squares) then took difficult child 3 to drama class. After drama, our usual Tuesday night dinner.

mother in law just rang (almost as soon as we got in the door) to find out how I got on at the doctor's. But no news, really.

I've not had any newer news re J (my sister in intensive care) since last night when they finally got her off the ventilator. No news is good news. We should get the final pathology report tomorrow, I'm expecting that to be bad news. It makes my cancer look minor by comparison. But the good news about J - at least she is off the ventilator for now, so she can eat, can drink and can talk to us. Also if she continues well enough, she has a good chance of going on the transplant list. She's got a fairly common blood group, but Australia doesn't have as high a rate of organ donation as we should.

What we want for her now, is time. And being able to breathe comfortably for as long as possible.

Tomorrow - a chance to stay home. ANd hopefully difficult child 3 doing a bit better with his schoolwork after today's pep talk from therapist. After school - tennis. Then I have choir in the evening. If I don't get a chance to rest before, I'll try to catnap during difficult child 3's tennis class. The courts are down near the park, where last weekend's village fair was held (under the trees, on 'the common'). It's a very restful place to sit in the shade in the car, tilt the seat back like the best lounge chair imaginable, and snooze...

Enjoy your Tuesday, people.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-Your days seems so incredibly long. I'm glad you will be staying home tomorrow for awhile at least. Napping during tennis sounds like a good idea. I'm glad to hear your sister is off the ventilator. I'll be praying for an organ to become available.

Yesterday was long but at least I did fit in a visit to the health club. Our visit with difficult child went well yesterday. Today looks to be another long one. After work I may try to sneak in a visit to the health club before visiting difficult child.

After that we will be heading out to dinner. It's in a small town about 40 minutes from our house so we usually wouldn't go on a work night but it's husband's sister's birthday(she's here visiting her daughter)and they want us to come out with them.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Tuesday Morning!

Marg, another busy but productive day for you. I hope your restful plans for tomorrow come to fruition. Your family continues in my prayers.

Morning Sharon, a full day for you too! Enjoy your dinner this evening. Glad that yesterday's visit with difficult child went well.

So, I never go to class on Tues at the gym - but p.c. is teaching the 6am class all week so I said, "heck, can't hurt". Get there, pool closed for maintenance issues - the head of fitness thought it strange that the aquatics boss didn't at least email p.c. since it's been down since last night. So we went to WaWa for coffee and are not watching the news together!

Office today and then I'm getting back in the ebay boogie so I need to get some organization done in my little business room (the Florida room that doesn't really get used anymore except for me!).

Wishing everyone a great day!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, sounds like your usual day of errands - also sounds like many positive things/situations were accomplished.

Sharon (wiped out), a dinner out with family in the middle of the week is sometimes just the break you need. Enjoy!

Sharon (ldm), hope your day at the office is a productive one.

It's been a few days since I've actually been online - I've checked in a couple of times but always seems to get interrupted. Not a whole lot different in my home. A bit of chaos here, a lot of goofiness there. In between, some rays of sunshine & stability.

I've a great deal to accomplish today here at home; that with a couple of errands before kt gets home from school. I've been so busy with piano & artwork I've forgotten to pay bills & order groceries so I have to get those things going this morning. I hate facing reality some days.

Have a good one friends. Leave your loved ones with loving words.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends. It's nice to see you all here.
Marguerite, sounds like the Dr. is a good match for you. Best of luck to you.

Wiped out, the family get together is a good thing for you to take your mind off of things.
LDM, how strange that no one let easy child know about the pool being closed. It's nice time with easy child.
How does she like school?

Timer, chaos is the name of the game in our house.

husband had a sleep study so we are all up. The pups weren't too happy to have someone come into the house while it was
dark and at an unusual time. Fortunately, husband arrived with my favorite daughter coffee so it was OK.
It appears as if it rained a bit. Lots of buds shooting up through the ground. My daffodils are up and shaking
their yellow heads at me. I must admit I'm not quite ready for the gardening season but maybe that's because
of all the chaos in the back yard.

Today the pups are going to have all the red clay washed off of them in anticipation of taking mom back to Pa.
Mom wants the "kids" to come along. I'm not sure which is more work, 3 dogs or mom.
I have a full day and I should get going.

Have a pleasant day.