Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

We've had a wet day here today. My first event was a choir performance at an old folks Christmas party. It was overcast but dry as I arrived on my mobility scooter. The performance went well, was well received. I managed to conduct the choir without hurting my bad shoulder. But as it was time for me to leave, it was raining quite heavily. I managed to cover up under a rain poncho (covering me plus my scooter) but the bottom half of me was getting soaked as I went home. It was good to change into dry, warm clothes once I got back.

Then I got some paperwork done, make some calls on behalf of the kids, then headed out for difficult child 3's drama class. husband & I had our usual dinner together afterwards and we only just got home. Thankfully it's not raining right now, maybe the washing on the line might eventually dry. This morning's newspaper is now papier mache - I didn't find it until after I got home this morning.

Tomorrow is another relatively quiet day at home. I do have to see the physiotherapist in the morning, but I might cancel. Or leave it as my last appointment for some time. My shoulder is now doing very well. Not thanks to anybody's expertise, just luck.

easy child 2/difficult child 2's job interview this morning went fairly well, she said, although she was told she's unlikely to get the job. But they may call her in for some casual work. I really hope so, she needs the opportunity to complete her course. I also rang difficult child 1's job agency, he's in need of a bit more pressure to get another apprenticeship. Some problems to sort out there, too. A good friend of mine said I should have stopped supporting my kids like this once they married - if they want to be independent adults, I should let them make their own mistakes. But some problems are just too big for a difficult child to solve on their own, no matter how old or independent they are. My kids are getting better at looking after themselves and I think because I'm helping them, they're learning faster.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee:,

Marg, As always you had such a busy day! I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better and you had the night off from cooking! Glad you're going to have a quiet day at home - Catch up on some rest!!!

Today it's only in the low thirties - I'm freezing. It's supposed to warm up into the low forties - I'll take it, lol... I have a bunch of errands to do and because they're all in town, I'm going to take my "favorite sanity saver" with me. She loves to ride in the car as much as she loves veggies (yes, I have a veggie loving dog, lol...)

difficult child 2 spent yesterday afternoon with his life coach. He is comparison shopping for an inexpensive kitchen table and chairs. Tomorrow he has his social skills class and Friday he has his cooking class. Those ADL's are so important!!!

Hope everyone has a good day... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-I bet it did feel good to change into dry clothes. I hate being wet with all my clothes on-usually chills right through to the bones! I'm glad your shoulder is feeling better. I think you need to continue to do what you feel needs to be done for your kids. You know them best and are seeing improvements.

Cool, wet day here in the forecast. It's 37 right now and suppose to drop through the day and we are due a mixture of rain and snow showers. I'm starting the day super tired as I had a really hard time sleeping last night. I hate nights when worry keeps me awake. After work tonight, I have nothing on the agenda!! Since we will probably go back to boot camp tomorrow I'll skip my health club workout (I did get one in yesterday).

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
SFR-You snuck in on me! I agree those ADL's are so important! Is he having fun shopping? Have fun with your sanity saver-veggies are the one thing mine won't eat!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Tuesday Morning!

Was running late this morning so I'm getting my first chance to check in while sitting at my desk! I stopped and got a Gingerbread latte - what could be better - gingerbread coffee and the board!!

Marg, glad to hear the shoulder is doing better - enjoy a quiet day.

SFR, your sanity saver along for errands is nice - someone always glad to see you when you return to the car!!! Stay warm.

Sharon, we woke to 24 degrees yesterday and today the morning temps were almost 50! Going to get to almost 70 today - definately that coffin weather I spoke about last week. Enjoy a quiet evening at home - sounds like a roaring fire and a family movie to me!

Hoping to get my work done early since I, like SFR, have some errands I would like to get done today.

Hope everyone has a super day!

Sharon