Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

An interesting day today. The winter weather of yesterday has gone, later today was quite hot again. I had planned to go to the beach sometime, but never got around to it.

I've been on the phone a bit today. My vacuum cleaner power head died yesterday and I'm disgusted by the poor workmanship in what was a very expensive appliance. I've started the paper trail of a formal complaint against the company.

Next was the War Memorial - we've been given a set of dominoes that were issued to a soldier in WWII, his son is chucking tuff out and found these. We have now sent photos to the War Memorial (which also functions as a national archive for artefacts).

After that, I finished stitching up my blanket. I began knitting this the day I got my breast cancer diagnosis. I left the doctor's rooms, crossed the road and bought yarn and knitting needles. I finally completed the 28th square and knew I had to find a home for the blanket. I had been thinking of giving it to a friend's church which sends blankets and stuff to missions in Africa, but then someone at my church was talking about a family who have been financially sent to the wall by problems associated with their baby son who was born with no kidneys. The baby is now big enough to take a kidney from his father, and the surgery is next month. The dad will have to be off work for at least three months. I figure my blanket will keep them warm going into winter, and give them hope. It's a big blanket, 4 feet by 8 feet. I got home an hour ago after dropping the blanket off. They should get it about Christmas Day.

I'm about to head down to mother in law's to begin dinner. I'm still knitting - a tea cosy again, which I'll donate to our RSL (Returned Services League) women's fundraising stall, held every Saturday morning.

The sun will be out tomorrow, maybe beach. Or maybe cooking. Or maybe shopping. Who knows?

And now some fun - I've posted about the flooding rains that have drenched the NSW outback. Well, some farmers with crops underwater don't have enough to do, and made a spoof Baywatch (since on their properties, there is now enough water to form their own informal rescue service).
Here is a newspaper article about it, with the video link. Remember, these are just ordinary farmers, trying to have fun in an otherwise nasty situation. It's what we do here - even when times are tough, you have to find something to laugh about!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-baywatch-rescue/story-e6freuzi-1225974154057

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Loved the video!! They have a great sense of humor!! How nice that you found the perfect home for your blanket.

Our workout from boot camp yesterday has left my arms incredibly sore-now I have to go out and shovel!!!

husband and I did manage to finally get the tree up last night. We then sat down to some popcorn, soda, and watched an old Christmas episode of "Happy Days".

Today, besides shoveling, husband and I plan on going to the club, the ornaments need to be put on the tree as well, and, of course, a nap will be had!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:snowman:

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL
.​
Marge - Appliances sure aren't made solid or to last these days. Good luck with the vacuum. Very cool set of dominoes. A great home found for your blanket.

I had a long night last night.​
1. Diva took her 1 hr trip in search of THE dress which she doesn't need for two years. Fortunately her friend went with because they had to drive home on dangerous roads. Her friend drove back.
2. We had a friend of difficult child who was stranded here as husband was gone and my neighbor and I both decided not to go out into the storm to take him home. The problem was he could not remember his new phone number or his facebook account log on to try to reach his mom. We don't know each other well enough to just have him stay at our place without contact with his mom. My neighbor decided to chance it and get him home.
3. I received word that my grandma (4 hours away on blizzard roads) has taken a turn for the worse and has been admitted to an ICU. No idea how I will be able to go see her.
I took today off of work to help with a Pre-School Christmas program. It is at 10:30 so I am sure I will be able to stop at a store to get salad ingredients and then to work by 12:00/12:30 to partake in a work pot-luck.

I hope all is well for everyone! Stay safe for those in wintery weather - icy roads are the worst!