Good Morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

It's been a cooler day here today, a little. But only a little. Sunny, hot but thankfully here, a trace of sea breeze.
Tomorrow - a scorcher! The west of Sydney is forecast to be 42 C (108 F). Tomorrow is Australia Day. It's also difficult child 3's 17th birthday and we have nothing planned. Given the heat, I might try to get difficult child 3 to the beach. They're saying it will be the hottest Australia Day for 30 years, but there was a stinker of an Aussie Day about 8 years ago when easy child 2/difficult child 2 was stiltwalking for the local council. In the heat. It was a big gig, it paid a lot of money, but it was an all-day family effort.

We're planning a relaxed summer meal at mother in law's tonight. Toasted sandwiches and salad. Nothing too heavy. Tomorrow we'll have a roast dinner in the evening (probably - depends on the heat) which is fairly typical for Australia Day. Or a barbecue. Or a beach picnic.

This is like the first real day of the year, for us in Australia. Kids go back to school two days later (new school year); people go back to work after summer holidays; a lot of businesses re-open after the Christmas break; various organisations pick up and begin their new year. it's the last day of partying, before we ease back into more serious work life for the year.

Enjoy your Tuesday. Send us cool thoughts tomorrow, I'll try to share some of our heat tomorrow with those of you suffering deep snow.

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Morning, Marg. I can't sleep, so I'm here catching up.

We're in the midst of a heatwave here, too. We hit freezing today! Easily 25 degrees warmer than we've been for several days. lol

Today is an easy day for me. No PT today, and I might go see my niece's ultrasound. She's having twins! I think now that I'm somewhat able to get out, I might exchange a Christmas sweater while I'm out...just do something to try to enjoy the day on my own a bit.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Marg-Sending cooling wishes for Australia Day!! You know my vote would be to take difficult child 3 to the beach!

Shari-Twins-very cool! I used to think I wanted twins (at least until difficult child came along:)) Enjoy your day!

Our heat wave is more like Shari's than Marge's. Right now it is 24 degrees and that is 34 degrees warmer than 48 hours ago!

I'm up way too early and need to get back to sleep-I hate sleepless nights! Other than work and maybe a workout not much planned for today.

Wishing everyone a day filled with reasons to smile!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Marg, Wow! I can't believe a year has passed - I remember wishing you "Happy Australia Day!" last year and her time has flown. I am sure there will be more worry this year as I hear the flood waters are spreading towards more rural areas today. I'm glad you are enjoying your last few days of summer though.

Shari, attending the ultrasound sounds like a nice "diversion". Enjoy your day.

Sharon, I saw on FB that you were struggling to sleep - I think were I in your shoes I would have just stayed up - an hour or so of sleep would just have made me mean!

A full day at the office today. I took care of printing out all the W-2's last week but today I need to electronically file and then take care of the 1099s. I think I'll be there till difficult child pick up time. difficult child is in the midst of his first taste of high school exams. We've been working on how to study a semesters worth of work!

Hope your day is a great one!

Sharon

Marguerite

I'm glad it's not so cold for some of you, anyway. husband & I just got back from mother in law's where we go every night. She finally put her air conditioner on, wonders why it doesn't work! Gotta turn it on... and when we stepped outside it was like stepping into a sauna! We just watched the Australia Day eve concert, they're finishing up with "I Still Call Australia Home"... it always makes me feel homesick, even when I'm home. Tonight's concert has also been a fundraiser for flood relief. The floods are now covering an area larger than NSW, and more areas are flooding now in the south in Victoria too. More rain coming up north.

But it's now 10.30 pm here, and HOT! At mother in law's her thermometer was reading 26 C, that's 79 F. And instead of cooling off in the evening, it's noticeably getting warmer by the hour. I think tomorrow will be hotter than forecast. Right now the humidity in the house is 75%. We've filled the portable fridge with bottles of water and I'm about to go fill ice trays. When it gets this hot, the water in the taps is too hot to drink, it overheats you too much.

We booked our two weeks away today, we are heading to Byron Bay for my nephew's wedding in March. Hopefully the floods won't be a problem. Funny - we normally have a terrible time getting the bookings we want. But no problem today, the floods have meant lots of cancellations even in areas not flood-affected. We hope to get up to Brisbane in that two weeks. It will only be an hour's drive to do it.

Enjoy your day. Hopefully it signals the beginning of the end of winter for you.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone,

Marg, HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!!! HAPPY 17th B-DAY TO difficult child 3!!! I totally agree with Sharon (LDM) - Time flies...!!! Thanks for sending warming thoughts our way - I'm sending some cooling ones your way. It must be working because we're having a "heat-wave" too, lol... high teens. It's snowing now and we have storm warning in effect until tomorrow morning.

Shari, So glad you're feeling better!!! Enjoy the day!!!

Sharon (LDM), Hope the day at the office is productive and goes quickly!!! Hope difficult child's exams go well!!!

Sharon (WO), Hope you're able to catch up on some much needed sleep tonight!!! I was up too early too - We lost power yesterday, luckily only for a few minutes, but difficult child 2 put his alarm clock on the wrong time for this morning. Then he had a "melt-down" because of it. Never a dull moment...

difficult child 2 starts a class at our local community college today. It's part of his transition plan put together by Vocational Rehab. Hoping all goes well...

easy child/difficult child 3 has her driver's ed class this evening. She finally got her learner's permit yesterday after school and is now looking forward to driving our car:ohmygod: - HELP!!! I think I'll wear a hole on the floor on the passenger side where the brake would be, lol...

difficult child 1 sent an email to us wanting to know how to get a passport - Life is never boring when it comes to difficult child 1. Wondering what he is up to and where he suddenly got the money to travel... Maybe I could hide in his luggage, lol...

Got to go put some laundry in the dryer, get another cup of coffee and begin the day... Hope everyone has a good one!!! SFR