Good morning Tuesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

Well, it's raining again. Hot, humid, steamy. I just got home from choir - our conductor is currently in Europe and asked me to note-bash the choir in her absence. Conducting in this steamy wet heat has had me in a lather of sweat.

Heavy rain is forecast, for the next week. They're expecting (hoping) much of it will land in the major dams at last, with Warragamba Dam due to spill over for the first time in decades. That will be a sight; I remember as a kid, Warragamba used to be in flood every other year.

I've got to go out tomorrow with easy child 2/difficult child 2 to her new psychiatrist. Now easy child 2/difficult child 2 is 25, she has to see a shrink instead of pediatrician for her ADHD medications. Only this new shrink thinks easy child 2/difficult child 2 doesn't have daughter (or Aspie traits) but bipolar. I think it's a long shot, don't think it's bipolar. Anxiety, yes. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), definitely. But any heightened moods or conversely, dark moods can always be tracked back to easy child 2/difficult child 2's thought processes and life situation.

But with the rain and likely floods, I will have a lot of driving to do tomorrow. difficult child 3 will be at college in the morning, I'll be getting back from the shrink's office in time to collect difficult child 3, then get him to his drama class at 6 pm. Late home. And flooded roads doubling the distance we have to drive to get home.

We've not really had summer this year. It's been really bizarre weather.

Enjoy your Tuesday. Mine's got half an hour to go. Off to bed now. Need sle-e-e-p...

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Sorry you haven't had much of a summer; we haven't had much of a winter here but I'm not upset about that at all:) That humid weather really takes a lot out of you...stay cool.

We are suppose to get quite a bit of rain tonight-so glad that it is rain and not snow, unbelieveable!

This morning I'm going into work for a bit and then this afternoon I'm having an endoscopy done. Not looking forward to not eating until about 6:00 tonight!!! I can only have clear liquids. Think I'll try some chicken broth, sigh...

Wishing all a great day:)

Good Morning Everyone,

Marg, How disappointing that you haven't had any really nice weather this summer!! We've been lucky because this has been one of the mildest winters I can remember. Yesterday it hit 60 degrees with lots of sunshine. Wish I could package up some of that sunshine and send it to you... Hope you get lots of rest this evening. You always have so much on your plate. Stay safe on those roads!!

Yesterday I thought I might be starting to kick this cold. Then I spent most of last night coughing, tossing, turning, not sleeping much. Today I'm fried. I think I'm going to take it easy, just a few quick errands later this afternoon. I recorded a few movies and I think today might be a good day to curl up on the sofa with my "favorite sanity saver," drink tea, and watch them... Hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Marg, I love the heat, even when it's a bit steamy, but only if I get to go to sleep in ac. I hope the rain relieves some of the humidity.
Sharon, I hope your day breezes by and the endoscopy finds you clean as a whistle so you can chow down tonight.
SFR, so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope a low key day helps you rest and feel better.

I think I may pop in to see my mom at lunchtime today. Otherwise, my schedule is clear until this evening. I'm hoping to get a nap in before we head to easy child's fundraiser tonight. She's hosting a fundraiser at a local Flatbread restaurant to raise funds for an orphanage in Ghana that she will be visiting this summer for a month. She's going with a friend and together they will teach life skills to the children using local supplies. She's excited, I'm a nervous wreck. Anyway, I am helping with the raffle tables. She was able to get some awesome items donated to raffle off. I think a career in professional fundraising may be in this young woman's future, she's quite good at it. difficult child will be helping with raffles and tickets as well while H and E chow down. Pray she raises lots of $$$!

Have a great day everyone!

Marguerite

Update - just listening to the radio, the rain is mostly inland (for a change) along the mountains (or what we call the mountains, or Great Dividing Range, in Australia) and the dam is filling up as the catchment gets a steady soaking. They expect the dam to spill over in moderate amount in 24 hours' time. That won't affect us on the coast but we have our own flood issues. husband just got through on the north road, it is still open but he expects it to go over during the day. I should be able to get out that way this morning, he said.

Rain does not lessen the humidity; it tends to make it worse. Rain is humidity saturated and falling.

Interesting that you guys have had a mild winter - the reason we're having a humid, cool summer is because the currents offshore are very warm. The ocean's rivers are struggling...

Allegedly the sun is above the horizon now, but it still is pre-dawn dark due to the thick cloud cover.

Marg