Good Morning Wedneday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

I'm just grabbing a few spare minutes to greet you all.

We had Open Day at difficult child 3's school today. Because it's a correspondence school, a lot of kids often are meeting their teachers for the first time, on this sort of day. Also, parents are generally the ones supporting the kids' education at home so there are a lot of newbies there, too, wandering around looking lost.
I dropped husband & difficult child 3 at the railway station and took myself in for my treatment. They fitted me in early, so I got on the road in to the school, I was only an hour late. It was a very wet day today, traffic problems everywhere, flash flooding etc. I think the still-summer sea temperatures (La Niña effect) are responsible for the vast coastal rain we're getting.

We had a parents forum also, a discussion and information session for parents. I think there were only two parents there who had any idea of the ropes. I was talking to one parent afterwards who is feeling a bit overwhelmed with her agoraphobic son's needs.

I was supposed to go to a meeting afterwards, but thankfully it got called off so we just got on the road and headed home. I went right to bed, and now I'm rested I'm about to head out to choir practice.

Life is still busy, but I'm working towards decluttering my lifestyle as much as I can.

Tomorrow we have to take difficult child 3 back to the school for a day of one-to-one lessons. husband will have to take him again; same set-up as today. But today worked out OK for us.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Your schedule sounds draining but sounds like you handled it well! Glad your final meeting was canceled. Stay dry!!

Wishing I could just stay in bed today but that isn't going to happen. We have one last humid day left before more reasonable weather kicks in. Of course, I promised my students I would run the mile with them this morning while they are in P.E. class-wish I had known the weather forecast last week when I promised them. Still it should be interesting.

After work I'm not really sure what is on the agenda-it could be the IEP part 2 or it could be picking up difficult child or it could be visiting difficult child. My other post explains some of this.

As for the health club-not counting on it-we didn't make it last night either but who knows maybe I'll get this burst of energy. (I can dream can't I?;))

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone,

Marg, I'm glad you're working on decluttering your lifestyle. Just reading about how busy you are every day is enough to make me exhausted, even with lots of caffeine already in my system! Hope the rain stops soon - Flooding is the pitts! It wasn't too long ago that our area got hammered. People were in small boats on the streets.

Sharon (WO), What a great teacher and role model you are - Offering to run with your students. Now, that is dedication!!! Hope it isn't too hot and humid on the run. Hope no matter what your day turns out to be like, it goes better than expected.

Today it's going to be hot and humid again. Yesterday the pollen count was over the top. My eyes were running as I was jogging. I just couldn't stop sneezing even with my allergy medications. Anyway, I really needed that jog. This morning, after one more cup of coffee, I'm headed outside again. Then it's errands. The house cleaning can wait! Just too hot and sticky!

As always, I hope everyone has a good day. SFR

SRL

Good morning, Marg and Sharon and those to follow!

Marg, I'm sure the other parent appreciated having input and encouragement from an experienced mom! Do be careful in those rains--we were doing a field trip a few weeks ago and I altered my route because of the rains and flood warnings.

Sharon, if you're running the mile with the kids in weather like this, then I say forget the health club!

Today is the first full day of summer vacation for my crew. Two were out early and if the boredom and bickering I saw by late afternoon is any indication, it could be a long summer.

Today is also Donut Day! It's our tradition to make homemade donuts on the first day of vacation, so I'd better get crackin'!

Keep cool and calm, everyone. :peaceful: It's going to be another hot, humid day around here.