Good Morning Wednesday

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

We've made it halfway through the week. Last night's book club was really fun. The book we read was Double Bind and we had a great discussion around it.

It's hard to believe but I don't think I have any appointments after school the rest of the week! This hasn't happened in so long I hardly know what to do with myself!

I'm guessing we'll head to the health club at some point as today is usually a weights day for me. I'm thinking I might also do a power walk at lunch today.

easy child and I saw the coolest thing on our way to work yesterday. We were driving and about to go through a green light when I saw the car next to me slow down and stop. I looked and also slowed down and stop. Walking in the crosswalk was a mother duck and what looked like 8-10 ducklings crossing an extremely busy street. Thankfully the car next to me on the other side also saw what was happening and all made it across the street safely! It was so cool even though we were getting beeped at because no one could figure out why our three cars were stopped at a green light!

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter.:flowers:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning Wiped out. I love watching mommy ducks and the babies. They are just so darn cute.
Sounds like a fun book club. I am about 1/2 way through Maeve Binchy's Evening Class. I'm enjoying it.
We are hoping that today my mom gets discharged from the hospital. One of my other sister's arrived last night so I will be heading home tomorrow. It's time for me to go home.

difficult child is difficult child. Still working and trying to navigate the world.

Hope your day is a good one.

LittleDudesMom

:peaceful:Good Morning Sharon, Fran and all to follow!

Sharon, yes it is a good thing that we have made the middle of the week!!! Enjoy the meeting-free evenings and getting back into the gym groove. Glad book club was good last night. easy child and I also had an experience last night. We were driving down our street about 8:15 and all of a sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I slowed down and there ran a little brown cottontail bunny across the street, easy child was like "awww", then he was followed by his three brothers and sisters!!!! Sure, they were cute, but I'm thinking that I may be joining Fran in the "critter eating flowers" club. easy child said "if there are four of them they could over run the neighborhood!" Great.....:2scared:

Fran, I don't know why, but I had assumed you had already gone back home. I know easy child is there now. Hope you have a little time with him before he heads down to work. Was mom going to any kind of step down after discharge or is she going straight home? Glad you sister has arrived. Time to switch off.

My day was crazy yesterday!!!! I didn't really get in and settle until about 8:30 last night. I didn't even make it to my WW meeting last night - and I am really dedicated and haven't missed a meeting in town in 16 weeks. I will check in another day this week.

easy child got great news yesterday at school. She applied for one of the DECA officer positions in the district and found out yesterday that she got President!! Sharon, I know you know about DECA - I understand this can open a lot of scholorship doors for her.:student:

difficult child's softball management is off to a slow start....another cancellation yesterday due to some of the girls needing standard testing tutoring! He's yet to manage anything!!! Oh well....:childish:

Hope your Wednesday is a good one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon congratulations to easy child for her Presidency. We shall call her Madame President from now on. :you_go_girl:

I was on my way home, actually, Sharon. Made it to the plane but the flight was delayed due to a water leak in the main cabin. While I was waiting, doctor called to do an angiogram. I cancelled the flight got my suitcase and went back to mom's. husband and easy child drove the truck and puppies up to me on the weekend. (husband flew back to go to work. He is a good guy) easy child has been helping me with nonna's house but it's time to go home.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, I love watching the ducks and their ducklings too!!! We have lots of them around here. However, I've never seen a family actually walking in the crosswalk, lol!!! I'm glad you have an appointment free rest of the week!!!

Fran, It's nice that one of your sisters' came to help and you're able to go back home now. I've got my fingers crossed that your mother gets discharged from the hospital today.

Sharon, Sorry you had such a BUSY day yesterday!!! I'm so happy to hear the great news about your easy child!!! You must be so proud of her!!! Tell her that her "cyber aunties" are really proud of her too!!!

Today is going to be a beautiful Spring day here. I'm planning on taking my morning walk outside. Unfortunately, my "favorite sanity saver" is still in an e-collar and won't be able to join me.

I don't have much in the way of work today - Things are slow. I think I might pick up my seasonal beach pass. Even though it's still not warm enough to swim, it's nice to daydream ...:beach_ball::beach:

Back to reality - I'm going to check up on husband's aunt today. I need to get caught up on some laundry and get rid of the clutter on my kitchen counter - Unfortunately, that is going to take a while..., lol!!!

My kids don't have any appointments this evening. I'm hoping for a quiet, peaceful evening...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower: WFEN

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/Wiped, I'm glad you got to the book club and had a good time. We also get duck families crossing our main road into the village. There is a bridge where a creek flows underneath, the ducks live there and seem to prefer walking across the road instead of swimming under it. But our road is not busy and we don't have a crossing on it. We have no traffic lights in the village at all - we're too small. They've just put in our first pedestrian crossing, but it hasn't got lights.

Our duck babies are half-grown now, we'll have more next spring.

Fran, I hope your mother is well enough to leave hospital so you can get back home. Travel safely.

Sharon/LDM,congrats to easy child! I hope this is just the beginning of some good opportunities for her.

WFEN, enjoy your spring walk. What's a beach pass? We have some beaches close to the city centre where people who live there get a special parking permit, but everyone else has to either catch a bus or pay to park. But our village beaches, it's just a matter of finding a parking spot somewhere or walking there. People need a pass to visit our national parks though. We live there, so as long as we don't park outside the village, we can drive through the national park for free, just to get home.

Tomorrow is difficult child 3's state-based maths exam. We have to go to the city for it (in to the school) but it should be fairly straightforward. I'll pack extra schoolwork for difficult child 3 to do on the way home, but I suspect he won't want to do anything.

easy child came home early from her prac placement today. A gastric bug is sweeping through the child care centre, and she got thoroughly thrown up on and had to change ALL her clothes. Only trouble was, she had no spare trousers. She wore her coat (which is not meant to be worn as a dress, it barely covers her knickers). So she says she got initiated today.
husband commented, "It makes you wonder how a child that small can hold so much puke."
I'm hoping she doesn't pick up the bug and bring it home to us. gastric bugs are a real problem for me, if I can't keep my medications down.

Have a good Wednesday.

Marg

Andy

Good Morning! I am having a "I don't want to go to work" week. There were two hilerous e-mails waiting for me yesterday when I arrived at work and that really helped. I e-mailed the person back to thank her and say that now I was glad I came in.

difficult child has a therapist appointment this afternoon so it will be a short day. I think I have to come home at 12:30 to let puppy out and then pick up difficult child at 2:00. Need to fill up with gas sometime before leaving town on our 1 hr trek. Anyone know of a good loan officer that I can go through for this fill up?

difficult child ended up in our room about an hour ago - I told him to go back to his room because puppy is not allowed in ours. I doubt that he is any closer to being ready for the day then I am and we should leave in about 10 minutes. Where is a Jetson's morning machine? Remember they just stood in a cube and all morning duties (brush teeth, style hair, change clothes) were done in like 2 minutes or less? I still have to get a lunch packed.

Oh well!! TGIW. Maybe I can go into work tommorrow night and then I am off on Friday!!! Shopping day with friends!!! :) :) :) Boy did that get me going! Keeping my eyes on Friday will get me through! :)

GOOD DAY TO ALL!! I will be back early evening. It will be a good day. :')