Good Morning Wednesday!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

husband woke me way too early as he is driving to Cleveland for work and now I can't fall back asleep. :sick: He'll be home late tomorrow.

I'm taking Duckie to the doctor this morning. Her ear started bothering her Monday night, she didn't say anything until yesterday. It's kind of weird, husband thinks she may have been bit by something because her lobe looks fine (where her earring is), the ear canal looks fine, but the crease in her cartilage looks red and is crusted over. She's been in several pools lately, including a jacuzzi, a splash pool and she was splashed by a whale Monday at Marineland, so I suppose it could be swimmer's ear, but the canal seems fine. I'm afraid she won't be able to go in the water at a local theme park this weekend. Ugh!!!:itching:

After the doctor, she's supposed to have a play date (maybe I can get a nap?). And then cheer tonight. :cheerleader:

Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning: friends & fellow warrior parents!

Sharon, I'm pretty sure that it's Wednesday ~ I'll double check my calendar. :bigsmile: Hope Duckie is feeling better soon.

My GP doctor's appointment went well yesterday; more in home therapy is being ordered for me. Especially physical therapy & Occupational Therapist (OT). Until I get over this overwhelming need to sleep for a day or 3 at a time, I tend to miss appts. I get charged for PT appts I miss for reasons of this sort unless neuro doctor can prove that it's related to my illness. (I don't think that will be a problem - it's just timing at this point.)

husband, kt & I are heading up to northern Wisconsin on Friday to a beautiful little cabin right on a lake. It will be the first vacation we've taken in about 6 years. wm will have a hard time however, the 3 of us need to get away & have some fun. It's been too long ~ far too long. I'm so excited! (by the way, this cabin is better equipped than my home. :bigsmile::crazy2::woohoo:)

kt has already packed & planned what's she's bringing; husband has his laptop & other things ready to go. I'll, of course, take my painting. kt can swim right off the dock 30 feet from the cabin. I'll be sitting on the deck of the cabin watching kt & sketching, maybe knitting my little heart away. husband pulled out the bike rack for the car & kt & husband will be riding the bike trails, exploring
. Now we just need a menu, buy some groceries, pack clothes & Sally & we're off.. Okay I have to wait until Friday morning ~ can you tell I'm excited?

Have a lovely day friends. :beach:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope Duckie's ear problem is something minor and that she is able to make it to the waterpark this weekend! I also hope you get in a nap especially with being up so early.:sleeping:

Linda-A getaway! How absolutely wonderful for you!! No one I know deserves it more than you! I'll be saying a prayer for perfect weather so everyone can enjoy it to the fullest!:beach:

We didn't get to the club until late last night-we finished up a bit after 10:00 and then had to hit the grocery store so I ended up being up too late and am tired now.:bloodshot:
We will drop off difficult child at day camp to come home to get ready to take easy child to cheer practice. Actually I think husband will take her and I will pick her up because he wants to work longer in his classroom today than I do.

This afternoon I plan on doing nothing important. I'll either be napping or going to the pool and relaxing by myself. Later we will go to the health club but hopefully not as late as last night.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day folks.

TM, that doesn't sound like swimmer's ear or a bite. I'm thinking it's probably just her skin getting moist and soggy in a crease because of the recent heat and humidity. I get the same problem sometimes in areas that get folded over or where moisture can build up and not get dry. But get her seen by the doctor - I'm long-distance and could easily be wrong, plus I'm not a doctor. Also, the doctor might have a better suggestion for treatment.

Linda, I'm glad they've ordered more services for you. Enjoy your break in the cabin. It sounds lovely!

We had a fairly quiet day today, apart from driving out to collect psychiatrist's daughter. I was so tired I had to pull over and rest before the drive home. She and difficult child 3 are good friends though, they were chattering while I catnapped for about fifteen minutes.

Tomorrow it's my washing/cleaning day, which will be interesting when I'm still so tired and in much more pain than usual. difficult child 3 & I have to go in to his school on Friday also, so I'll need to make sure I get enough rest tomorrow as well. It's going to be interesting with the washing, when it's forecast to rain tomorrow. I'll have to watch closely, ready to grab stuff off the line if it starts to rain before it's dry. A lot of the time, we get rain forecast but nothing actually falls.

Fingers crossed!

We should be collecting final draft for the wedding invitations tomorrow. I've arranged for the printer to drop them in to husband at work. Once we give the go ahead, we'll have them organised within one working day. The budget wedding!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning Ladies!

TM, you never know about the ear, but it doesn't sound like an infection or swimmers ear. I hope you get that nap in this afternoon.

Linda, what a fabulous getaway! I would suggest a bucket of chicken for one night and making deli sandwiches the next - keep it easy so noone has to cook and clean up is a snap! Have fun.

Sharon, easy child is actually babysitting for her marketing teachers (I think I mentioned to you before that her DECA sponsors are a marketing teaching husband and wife team). They have two little boys and she is watching them this week while they prepare their classrooms! Have fun relaxing at the pool today and you best get that nap in......not too many of those days left for you. What happened to summer?????

Marg, I hope the invitations are perfect! You best take it easy a day or two. You have been running and that trip this weekend really tuckered you out. Take a day or two to stay at home, with the exception of driving to pick up your charge this week. Rest and recover a little.

Today is a "do nothing" day. We have no formal plans other than going to pick up easy child's schedule and pay her fees (her final year of high school) late this afternoon, and I'll be going to water fitness class at 6:30. I usually try to keep this last week before school open for whatever the kids want to do.

Wishing you a restful Wednesday :peaceful:

Sharon