Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

As we predicted, it was a scorching hot day today and I was stuck in a meeting in the city. By the time we got home, the "southerly buster" had arrived. No rain in it, but the temperature dropped to pleasantly cool. difficult child 3 came with me and got some work done into the bargain, even though I had to leave him unattended for most of the day.

We have to do it again next week but the bulk of the job is done. We should have a few quiet days.

Tomorrow is washing day, probably raining again just when I'm home to go to the beach. Friday is going to be hot again (but stormy) and I have to go out to the doctor, because I had to cancel today's appointment for me because today's meeting was going to be a long one. At least I won't have to take difficult child 3 with me on Friday!

I'm off to get my washing underway so I have several loads ready for tomorrow. Hopefully another early night - no more reports to read late at night. Back to the hot packs! Oh, I didn't take it today, I wouldn't have been able to use it. Long story. But after my meeting, right at the end of the school day, difficult child 3 had fun "corrupting" his teachers with a Wii game he took in (along with data he had to load onto the school's system).

Never a dull moment...

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Wednesday Morning!!

Marg, I can relate to the laundry -- I finished the last of seven loads yesterday!! Sounds like difficult child had fun "corrupting" the teaching staff! Hope you get that swim in tomorrow!

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes for the gym. I'm taking easy child's 6 am water fitness class this morning! I think I will have to warm the car up so I don't have to scrape the frost!

Things appear calm and quiet at the LittleDude's house right now. difficult child has to give a speech in English today on how teachers can make learning fun! He had about ten ideas on his index card. I asked if he wanted to try it out for me and he said, "No, I got this." Okay........

Wishing you all a great Wednesday :coldday: Stay warm!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good morning all!
Marg- Summer is sounding good to me right
about now.
Sharon- hope difficult child does well on his speech and u enjoy water fitness class.
Today I am taking difficult child 3 to therapy and
going to the bank. Tomorrow I have to take difficult child 2 to the city to a Kidney doctor for his
yearly check because he is on Lithium. Ugh!
At least it is only once a year. Sending
hugs to all and hopes for quiet days for all.
Rabbit

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends & fellow warrior parents.

Marg, so glad you made it through your busy day yesterday. I hope the pain lets up a bit for you today.

Sharon, 7 loads of laundry! OMG ~ it's been a long time since we've done that many loads in one day. Have fun at your water class this morning.

Rabbit, stay warm running your errands & I hope your difficult children therapy appointment goes well.

Bitter cold this morning & snowing :snowing::2cold: After I get kt off to school I have an hour before I have to leave for an echocardiogram. I'm going to stop at the grocery store on the way home ~ picking up the makings for chili & split pea soup. It's that time of year & it's cold.

I have several phone calls to make. husband is heading out this afternoon to sign a lease on an apt & I need to check into the legalities of various things.

Have a good Wednesday! Hope you accomplish all you set out to do & find "me" time in the mix.:princess:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It's a cool crisp morning that looks to be a pleasant day but a bit of frigid air is heading our way.

Marguerite, it's good that you got a bit of a break in the weather. Intense heat wears me out. Hope today isn't as bad.

LDM, I hear you about all the laundry. Sadly that is the routine but fortunately I use the automatic washer and dryer and don't have to beat it on a rock in the river. I figure I'm ahead of the game. LOL. I love that you are dedicated to your gym time. :exercisebike:It's inspiring and it's great that you are taking the time to take care of yourself.

Rabbit, good luck with the blood draw. If you run into any extra cash at the bank, could you send it this way?:shopping:

Timer, sorry that you are dealing with apts. and separation at this time of year or any time of year. It's got to get better after this.

Today is just the normal running around. I have a few calls to make regarding services. The county is very s l oooooooooooo w. :stopglass::stopglass: One step forward and two steps back. I really need to give the process more attention but I find that I'm not as motivated as I once was. It's a lot easier to work on Christmas, the house, the hurricane, mom's surgery. Just about anything is more motivating than another difficult child issue.

I'm going to be positive that today will produce some results. Hope your day does too.

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

Marg--glad you were able to get through all of your appointments, and that the weather has cooled. Hope Friday's storms don't cause you too much difficulty in travelling to your doctor, and I hope you find answers--and RELIEF--for your pain.

LDM--7 loads of laundry? Golly! difficult child's assignment sounds like fun. I would have relished the opportunity to tell my teachers how to make learning more fun for me. Hope he does well with his speech. Sounds like he's feeling confident.

Rabbit--Hope you have a great day, and that difficult child's therapy goes well.

Linda--Sending hugs to you and kt. I am glad you're keeping an eye on the legalities. You need to make sure that you and the children are protected, whatever happens. Enjoy your comfort food and hope you find some quiet "me" time as well

Fran--Wow! Sounds like you've got a lot on your to-do list today. I hope the county lights a fire under itself for you, so that you can get on with things. Enjoy your Christmas preparations.

This morning, I have a doctor's appointment for an ultrasound. Since the giant (thankfully benign) tumours were removed several years ago, they are keeping a pretty close eye on things. Thankfully no issues, and no recurrence of tumours. And thank GOODNESS this clinic has modern equipment and doesn't require a full bladder for the ultrasound.

Later today, difficult child has a psychiatrist appointment. His Residential Treatment Center (RTC) 1:1 staff will take him, and I will meet them there. The Residential Treatment Center (RTC) Site Manager has given me a list of issues needing to be addressed. difficult child has been a real tyrant lately...maybe a medications adjustment is in order.

This evening, husband is taking difficult child and his girlfriend out to the movies. They're both 19, she has Down's syndrome, and I'm just not ready to be a grandma, so we don't let them spend ANY time alone. Either one of us, her mom or the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff "chaperone".

Hope everyone has a great day!

Trinity

Andy

:2cold::temps::2cold:
Marg - Please send some of that heat our way! Please? Pretty Please? I hope you have a productive laundry day tomorrow.

Little Dude's Mom - Those kids just don't understand that we WANT to hear them give a speech! :) Don't you wish sometimes that it would be required for the school to film every speech your child gives so you can see it?

Rabbit - I hope your day goes well and that roads are good for your trip to the city tomorrow.

Timer - Good to hear KT is heading off to school today. Stay safe in that snowfall. I hope everything you find in your researches today are to your advantage and easy to understand.

Fran - I hope today is a day of answers and accomplishments in all areas of your world.

Trinity - Good luck with all the appointments today.

7:30 am already? Oh it is so hard to get up and going on the cold mornings. We do not have snow - just cold. difficult child has a birthday party to go to on Friday so tonight we will go get a gift.

Cleaning out records at work is going very well. I just need to get the UR person to call me back to see if I can throw all the old UR forms. I also have to talk to our medical records staff about how to handle the outpatient info. Hopefully I can have access to old charts to pull the copy of the payment form and replace it with my original.

Everyone have a good day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Jena

Good morning everyone,

Just jumping on to tell everyone to have a great day. I have difficult child issues this morning so i can't write to each person.

:) have a calm day everyone!!

oh, today for me interview, that is if i can get difficult child to school.

Good morning all. Today, I am prepping/helping my son finidh up in his Wester Civ. class. he has nline final today. I am taking difficult child to AA, we will bounce in and get a few deals at fresh Market. Then rest ad d online final with son. Then rest and off to difficult child's volleyball banquent. Have a peaceful day all!!! Compassion