Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I'm typing this as I'm trying to stay out of WWIII in the kitchen - husband has told difficult child 3 to wash up tonight and I wasn't here when the rule was laid down, so I can't referee. I'm hoping it doesn't escalate, but I have to let them sort it out, hopefully without bloodshed.

I've been home all day today but the phone has been busy. I still haven't had the chance to call all my family. Slowly things are getting organised, it's all coming together. Meanwhile I've been getting some work done too.

difficult child 3 is working well today, he had a lot of schoolwork to do. After he finished, we went down to tennis. It was still a warm day but you can feel the hint of autumn beginning.

Tomorrow is normally my cleaning day but I've been trying to change over, so I've got nobody coming. I'm actually glad because I need a chance to rest. I'm finding perhaps a bit more nervous energy than usual and it's tiring me out.

I just got home from taking choir practice. I feel I need to keep it going although it is a bit of a strain. I'll be able to take a break from time to time if I feel I need to. They're great that way.

Tomorrow - hopefully a quiet day at home, maybe fewer phone calls.

As for WWIII - there has been a bit of shouting and swearing form difficult child 3, but he hasn't come to bother me, to get me to referee. And that is good.

It's funny - I'm realising just how much those battles stress me, even though I do my best to not show it. I was mentally preparing for bed, but that fight has pushed my "alert" status back up through the roof.

I might take myself for a walk until all danger of yelling is past. It should be good - the stars are bright tonight, the sky is clear. The air is still pleasantly warm even though it's now late at night.

Enjoy your Wednesday everyone.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope you have a nice walk. It sounds like things are pretty busy for you. I hope you get time to call your family soon.

I have to do quite a bit of cleaning and do some research on new computers. I am trying to decide whether to get a new laptop or desktop.

husband has a line on a really good job at the university. He also had a friend from grade school ask for his resume, so please keep fingers crossed!

I am also trying to prioritize some other purchases. We desperately need some things so.... It wouldn't be so bad if husband didn't just turn up the volume when the car makes noises. Usually he even tells the kids not to tell me if there is a problem. I want to get the current groaning and clicking taken care of BEFORE we have a breakdown.

I hope you all have a great day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-That kind of yelling is stressful to both husband and me. Hopefully by now you are home and there has been no bloodshed;) The walk sounds like a peaceful thing to help relax. I hope tomorrow is a restful day for you.

Our Mardi Gras day yesterday was lots of fun! Long day ahead for me today. After work I have my class which should be good and afterwards both difficult child and easy child have psychiatrist appts. (Monday's appointment for easy child was therapist not psychiatrist-I wrote it wrong). We should get home around 7:00 tonight. Dinner will be easy to prepare since it's Ash Wednesday and we have to fast-we're just going to make eggs. The hardest part will be no snacking between lunch and our late dinner tonight!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Middle of the Week Morning!

Marg, hearing the loud voices of others always creates stress - that's one reason they say it's so harmful to kids to hear their parents go at it. Hope you had a nice walk and your quieter plan for tomorrow comes to fruition.

Susie, nice to hear from you on the morning thread! Wow, husband is certainly in denial with regards to the car...

Sharon, it's always hard to come down from Mardi Gras! Do you still fast on fridays during Lent? Are you all going to service to get your ashes today? I can't believe it's Ash Wednesday already - you know that means spring is coming!!

Have difficult child's IEP meeting this morning at 8:30, followed by a meeting with the librarian to have her help me with classroom visitation scheduling for the book fair (coming around again in March), followed by a meeting with the principal of the high school difficult child will hopefully be going to!

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday.

Sharon

Marguerite

I ended up not going for the walk. They settled down, difficult child 3 did the washing up as requested, all is now quiet.

I'd forgotten it's Ash Wednesday.

Talking of Mardi Gras - I'm not sure when Sydney's Mardi Gras is. It's not quite the same as the ones you guys are talking about...

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Marg, glad to hear WWIII did not break out in the kitchen. I'm always on high alert even when I'm not aware of it. Now's the time to take care of you.

Susie, I hate car issues ~ hope yours can be settled quickly.

Sharon, your Mardi Gras day had to be a hoot; it sounded like fun when you described it yesterday.

Sharon, good luck @ IEP & your mtg at the high school.

I slept most of the day yesterday after our weekend trip to my fathers house. So there is much to catch up on today. I have a therapist appointment this morning; I have to pick up kt & take her to psychiatrist appointment this afternoon.

kt & I are planning on making a pesto dish this evening for dinner & playing scrabble ~ we'll see if it happens. ;)

A good day to you all - hope there is at least one reason to smile today.