Good Morning Wednesday

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Marguerite, Jun 2, 2010.

  1. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    G'day, people.

    It's a busy week this week for us, with difficult child 3 needing to be at his school for the whole school day, each day (work experience) plus my radiation treatment early.

    Today was the earliest yet, but I had a bone scan also booked for later this morning, so husband & difficult child 3 caught the train in to the city. I catnapped in the car between appointments, plus the none scan itself took 90 minutes, most of which I was on my back not allowed to move, so I made sure to relax and rest then, too. Oh, and good news - the bone scan was negative. We hoped it would be - the doctor was looking for possible bone cancer, which would have NOT been good. He had to check it out, to make sure...

    I drove in to the school afterwards, got there about an hour before finish time. The boys (there is another boy, a friend of difficult child 3's, also on work experience in the same area this week) and their supervisor had a short game of table tennis afterwards, which I joined in. despite my disability and my feeling 'off' from the treatment, I'm still a force to be reckoned with on the table tennis table.

    We drove home, beating the worst of the peak hour traffic, stopped at the mall for a little urgent shopping, then got home after sunset. husband & difficult child 3 are going to mother in law's for dinner, I have choir practice instead.

    The weather today was a pleasant surprise - cool to begin with, but no rain despite it being forecast. The rain is also forecast for the next week but they're saying the clear spell won't last.

    Tomorrow's treatment is back on the 8.30 am schedule, then (because it's Thursday) I see the oncologist briefly. It should happen fairly quickly, but the guys are taking themselves in by train anyway in case the doctor is running late. The cancer centre is two thirds of the way into the city; husband drives us there so for me to drive the rest of the distance in to the school, especially after peak hour has subsided, is no hardship.

    So although it's been a busy day, I had plenty of rest. Choir should finish at 9 pm which should allow me time to get to bed early, especially if I post this now, and not later on tonight (my time).

    Enjoy your Wednesday.

  2. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning Friends,

    Marg-Wow-your day does seem incredibly long-I'm glad you were able to get some rest. I had to chuckle about you being a force to be reckoned with at table tennis-it brought back many great memories of my dad and I playing when I was younger. We used to have some fierce competitions between the two of us. He and I would both be dripping with sweat when we were done-we had a ton of fun.

    When I woke up to turn on the computer husband told me we forgot Glee was on last night. We are so not happy about that!:(

    Long day ahead. After school we take difficult child for his first blood test. He will be getting them every Wednesday. Fortunately in the past he hasn't minded blood test (o.k. actually enjoyed them) and we're hoping this continues as he has to have them weekly now. Then we will have to kill a bit of time waiting for his psychiatrist appointment. at six o'clock. Somewhere in there or shortly after the appointment we will need to pick up easy child from her field trip to Six Flags Great America (although we're not 100% sure she is going yet-she still had work to finish as of last night).

    After that it will be home to make dinner. I'm thinking I will probably not have the energy left to go to the health club.

    Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:
  3. LittleDudesMom

    LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

    Good Morning Marg, Sharon and all to follow ;)

    Marg, glad to hear the bone scan was negative and that you were able to catch some naps. Your schedule lately has been too much!

    Sharon, how did difficult child do at school yesterday? The situation with Glee in your house is why I love my DVR - it's definitely an extra budgetary item - but I don't think I could do without it anymore!

    Full day ahead. Some errands after dropping off difficult child at school - then home for a few hours of work - then some more errands before picking up difficult child. May have to run by the office for an hour as well - we are at the uphill cusp, in regards to bookkeeping/accounting, of a major (bigger than we have ever done before) development project that is calling for some exacting number work. I spent four hours yesterday creating three different vendor/subcontractor worksheets on excel....I may have to add another work day to my week....which is ok because I do enjoy the challenge!

    Hope your day is a good one!

    Sharon :peaceful:
  4. Fran

    Fran Former desparate mom

    Good morning friends.
    Marguerite, glad you had the sense to rest when you can. Trying to keep your normal schedule when your body's energy needs to be focused on healing is unfair to your body. Keep your positive energy going to fight off those bad cells and get lots of rest and keep peaceful thoughts. Great news about the bone scan thoug

    Wiped out, oh no about Glee!!!! I also have it and few of my favorites on automatic tape on the dvr. I keep them taping in case the phone rings or if I am otherwise engaged. Hope things go well for difficult child at the doctors.

    LDM, good for you and the challenge of Excel. I have to hunker down and do some scanning of photo's and try to put a pp presentation together for a family get together.

    Summer has hit us in Raleigh. Hot, humid, some rain(TG!) I'm hoping that there is a little less humidity today but if not, I'll hunker down in the shade or the a/c. I ran into an elderly lady at the entrance to our neighborhood yesterday. She was obviously upset inside her giant boat of a car. I stopped to offer assistance. She was 83 and was lost. Poor thing had been driving up and down for an hour. It was hot and humid she was running out of gas and was just overwhelmed. With my gps she got home safe and sound. So many people with no one to watch out for them. Why as a nation don't we realize that as we age we need someone who can watch out for our best interest? Why don't we plan for the eventual need for help. My mom said she never thought about what happens when she can't do all that she once did. I'm not much of a worrier but I am a planner. Very different way of looking at things. If one doesn't anticipate and plan then we leave the burden of our own care on others. Not really my way of doing things. Anyhow, the little lady is home and I am going to call adult services today. Hopefully someone can check up on her.

    difficult child keeps applying for jobs with no responses. So sad. He is working on his his next step in his weight loss plan.
    I continue to work on my garden. The tomatoes are starting to grow which always pleases me. I need to bunny proof the screened area.

    Today is the vet for Miss Lizzie's annual shots and check up and then I need to get my mop of hair cut. It's driving me nuts.

    Hope your summer day is upbeat and positive.