Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

We've had a quiet day today. Finally a planned rest day became one. difficult child 3 slept in though, was determined not to get started on the last day he had to get his assessment done. It was easier for him to lie in bed and pretend he was still asleep. We had a screaming match (well, he screamed) which I did not react to, because the pattern is he works himself into a rage and then claims he's now too upset to do the work I want him to. This time I called him on it (although I accuse his distractive, scheming brain and not him) and said HE was going to be the one to lose if he failed to use his last hours wisely.

So he got on with it. I suggested he allow one hour, to complete a fairly important pat of the task; I would offer my usual mini-chocolate bar reward for each half hour of solid concentration. He negotiated an extra choc bar for completion which I readily gave.

He got the job done. There were a few glitches along the way and to difficult child 3's credit, he got on with the work before starting his usual morning game play. I think I will discuss with him, having a rule in place (it has to be his rule for himself) that he do no gaming before school hours. Because he worked well and got a lot done.

We made the mail run for the day, which means the envelope should be back at school by Monday when school goes back.

I've been worrying about a possible blurred central vision in my eye; I used the scoot down to the shops to help me check my vision against the blue of the sky. Couldn't identify anything new, but when I got home I noticed again, trouble seeing the computer screen. Then I realised - something white is flashing across my vision in the opposite direction of eye movement, every time I move my eye form right to left. So I rang the eye doctor who said to call the surgery in the morning to arrange an urgent appointment tomorrow, to get reassessed.

I just talked to mother in law about it; sis-in-law has offered to co-drive tomorrow, but I think if the appointment is later, I need sis-in-law to stay home with mother in law so she can take her daughter to the physio in the afternoon (needs to have a boot fitted to a broken foot).

At least I have time. difficult child 3 has his work done, so I don't have to fret about getting home to him to supervise his work. If necessary, I can get difficult child 3 to drive me out,then we will wait the 3 hours legally (for my eyes to recover from drops) before I supervise difficult child 3 driving home. And if by then it's peak-hour, we will wait until husband is on the way home from work and get him to drive through the worst of the traffic. Or I might collect daughter in law and see if she can drive me for the worst of the city traffic, then difficult child 3 can do the rest. difficult child 1 & daughter in law live almost as far out of the city as we do, it would be a lot easier for difficult child 3 to drive to and from their place. No peak hour traffic for him to have to cope with.

At least I have time to plan at the moment!

So tomorrow, which was to be another fairly quiet day, is going to be busy. The cleaning I had planned has to be cancelled. Oh well, it gives me more time to repair the vacuum cleaner!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marge, love the idea of mini chocolate bars. Maybe I should try that on myself for getting unpleasant chores done.
I hope they figure out your vision dilemma. Must be worrisome. I'm sure trying to juggle m i l, your health needs and the needs of a difficult child
are a lot. Glad you are resting a little more.

difficult child had a job interview which sounds like it went very well. Now, we wait for the next 2 wks.

I woke with a headache for some reason. Maybe the humidity or the barometric pressure? LOL. Maybe just a headache.
The painters will be back to do more of the baseboards, powder room and stair well. Maybe the paint smell triggered a headache.

Today, I need to run some errands like car inspection, a home depot run etc, etc. Guess I should get to work.

Hope your day is a good one.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-I also like the mini chocolate idea!! I really hope they are able to figure out the vision problem!

Fran -I'm glad to hear difficult child's interview went well. Crossing all body parts and keeping a good thought this works out for difficult child!! I hope you are able to get rid of your headache!

husband and I are back from boot camp. It was an intense workout on the playground today. In a bit I will drop off difficult child at camp while husband takes easy child/difficult child to summer school. Then we have nothing on the agenda until 1:30. At that point we have a transition committee meeting to see if difficult child can still get some services through the county program. It doesn't look good because they have extended him a few times before and this isn't suppose to be a long term program:(.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot:::coffee2:,

Marg, I'm glad you got a day to rest. Even though tomorrow is going to be another one of your usual busy days, I'm glad you have an eye appointment and hope it isn't anything too serious.

Fran, Hope you're feeling better ASAP!!! One thing that used to help me is lots of caffeine and ibuprofen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed your difficult child is employed soon!!!

Today is a very humid, rainy day. Last night we had thunder storms and are expecting more today. Work has picked up a bit - A good thing:D!!! Lots has been happening with my difficult children. Lots of drama from difficult child 1. Luckily, it is much easier to deal with since he doesn't live with us any more. difficult child 2 has been a total PITA but is at his second to last summer school class this morning:bigsmile:. Hopefully, with any luck, he'll be at a volunteer position beginning next Monday at our local senior center.

As always, hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

Wiped Out,

I'm very S L O W this morning - Sorry I missed you! I'll blame it on the weather. Glad you made it to boot camp. Keeping my fingers crossed your difficult child can still get services through the county program... Have a great day!!! SFR