Good Morning Wednesday!

Rabbit

:D Good morning Friends! Hope u have a GREAT day! Driving, Driving.Driving
my usual day. it will be 94 degrees here with a thunder storm in the afternoon.
Sending hugs to all. Rabbit

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Today is off to a humid, cloudy start with a chance of more thunderstorms later this afternoon. I'm going to begin a project I've put off for a long time. I'm going to organize a box of my kid's artwork, report cards, etc... from elementary school. I'll keep the best stuff and get rid of the rest. I'm going to try to get easy child to help me.

Yesterday was difficult child 2's first day of his volunteering position at the senior center. He enjoyed it and the staff is wonderful as far as learning as much as they can about his disability and trying to help difficult child 2 learn new tasks.:D

Of course difficult child 2 didn't use the bathroom once - He went over ten and a half hours without using it. He helped the janitor with chores and didn't think to wash his hands before eating his lunch, etc... These are constant problems that we're trying to get his "life skills coach" to help him with.

Well, got to go get another cup of coffee. As always, hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Rabbit- I hope traffic runs smoothly for you. :)

SFR- I have a huge bin from each year that Duckie has been in school. I should organize too but I don't know where to begin. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I merged both your GM threads... funny how often members post at the same time.

I've got cleaning and laundry on the agenda today. Plus I'm going to "lay-out" the new living/dining room I'm considering purchasing to make sure everything fits. Then Duckie goes to VBS.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day people.

It's late here, I went to choir tonight (it was necessary - last practice before a performance next week, after which the choir could be folding).

My fever broke early this morning, I woke in a lather of sweat. Saw the doctor who was happy the fever was down. Then on the way home I felt the fever going back up again. But it's not so high, thank goodness. So I will call the doctor tomorrow and let her know.

mother in law came with me to the doctor today. She just needed to get out for a bit, sis-in-law went home today and mother in law was feeling lonely.

I got a phone call from the school principal today about my concern about difficult child 3's teacher accusing me of writing his assignments for him. The issue is still not resolved, but it's getting there. I'm to expect a phone call from the teacher, but I'm planning on asking for a face-to-face to discuss this. Teacher won't like that, because most parents in my shoes would be going for blood. But I don't work that way.

However, it will need to wait until I'm well again. I'm really fed up with being sick!

I've got my cleaner/home help coming tomorrow afternoon. It means the washing won't get hung out until sunset. I've got some cooking to do as well, so I'm hoping I'll be feeling well enough at least for this.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Everyone!

Rabbit, where are you driving to? Stay cool~
SFR, we tried to have one of our difficult child's counselors act as a life coach...it was then and there that difficult child consequently refused to go anymore! I hope the life skills coach is more effective with your difficult child!
TM, Have fun 'arranging' your new furniture - sounds like fun, I love doing stuff like that!
Marg, you've always got so much going on. I hope you are able to take some mini-breaks for resting!

Another day in the office, same old same old. I have two co-workers who are just driving me nuts. One is in another office in FL and the other is here in CT. Argh. Day 4 of difficult child not having a car (it died and H is fixing it this weekend) - she's getting grumpy. She's still applying for jobs everywhere but nothing has turned up, hopefully today will be better in that regard. easy child is second guessing her move into the condo with the couple and has called other places. I am happy about that. I would rather she be in her own place or at least moving in with a girlfriend, but I say nothing, my lips are clamped shut. Hahaha. I am counting down the days till H & I leave for Fire Island in August!! 20 Days left!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies,

Sorry I can't address each you - running, running, running, late, late, late......

Just wanted to pop in wish everyone a great Wednesday!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. I'm running a bit late myself.
Hope you are feeling better Marguerite.
I'll continue this later when I have a bit more time but wanted to say hello.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Rabbit-I hope you have some times of peace between all the driving.

SFR-I'm glad difficult child enjoyed his first day at the senior center! Once you are done organizing at your house you can head my way!

TM-I hope everything fits in your new layout!

Marg-I hope you are feeling better soon and the other situation gets resolved. A side note-my nephew is in your neck of the woods. He left yesterday for a 3 week stay in Australia and New Zealand!

Jo-Sorry work is stressful. A getaway-I'm jealous!

Sharon & Fran-Enjoy your day!

Boot camp is done for the day, the kids are to camp and school and now a quick nap. Then I head to a therapist apt and husband heads to the dentist. I'm meeting a friend at the pool this afternoon.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Marg's Man

A side note-my nephew is in your neck of the woods. He left yesterday for a 3 week stay in Australia and New Zealand!
Three weeks for both countries. That's not a stay it's reconnaissance trip.

We've lived here for fifty plus and not seen more than about ten percent of what this country has to offer and our trip to New Zealand a couple of years ago barely scratched its surface and our friends across the Tasman are only a fifth our size.

Many visitors here don't seem to realise that Australia is the same size as the 48 states with over 80% of the country about as populous as the Nevada badlands (for the same reason - almost no water out there).

I hope he enjoys his stay down under and finds the places he will want to come back to. At least he will see how our electoral system works. We go to the polls in early August and the campaign is in full swing for a Federal Election. The only way to avoid any sort of coverage is to NOT watch TV, listen to radio or read newspapers

Marg's Man

Wiped Out

Staff member
Marg's Man-It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about the election process when he comes back. He is 17 years old and his grandmother (my brother in law's mom) is sending him on this trip. It's a tour of some sorts although from what I know he doesn't know anyone he was traveling with. I'm sure he will love the trip and want to return!:)

Marguerite

Tours like that make good first trips to any new country. Chances are it covers a lot of what makes Australia famous. Because it's winter now, prices will be lower. But it was winter when we travelled to New Zealand (we went just before the ski season officially opened but most of the slopes were ope plus we saw a LOT of snow!) and still we saw a lot and had fun.

If you are in touch with him and he has the chance, tell him to go for a dip in the hot springs in NZ, even if it means stripping off outdoors. I feel the cold badly, plus I get a lot of muscle pain (made worse by the cold) but after soaking in a hot spring, I was able to walk back to the changeroom with air temps close to freezing, and not feel cold for hours! Loved it!

Aus & NZ are both beautiful but very different. But I'm hoping that a lot of the Aussie leg is way up north - north Q'land, NT or the red centre. All nice and warm... and places I've never been, incidentally (although I have dim memories of north Queensland from when I was a pre-schooler; not sure how far north the family got but I remember having to stop for cane trains).

Marg

Marg