Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

I had my last staffing session for the year in at difficult child 3's school. It was also the last day of school for the year. difficult child 3 has some work to do over the holidays - we get six weeks holiday now, the new school year begins at the end of January.

It was hot today, the forecast rain and storms never really happened. As I drove home I could see the southerly buster (the typical Sydney summer super-storm) forming, but we didn't get anything from it. Not even cooling off. Sometimes it happens that way.

Tomorrow will be even hotter with forecast storms - typical summer pre-Christmas weather. Any storms are a brief respite from the heat, but the humidity then is boosted.

Tomorrow is also the first day of the holidays. I'm going to work hard to persuade difficult child 3 to come to the beach with me before it rains. if it rains. I'm having to bucket water to the garden again, the lettuces just can't take the heat.

I bought my first box of mangoes for the season - that's the taste of Christmas for us!

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Enjoy the break! So glad you'll be heading to the beach tomorrow-wish I could join you:beach:

husband and I went out for a bit last night just to get out of the house. It was nice. However, we did decide to skip boot camp this morning which maybe isn't the best choice because we ended up going out for nachos!

We're in for a virtual heat wave today-it's -9 right now but we're supposed to hit 18 degrees:coldday:

After school today, difficult child has therapy and then both kids have psychiatrist appts. also difficult child has to have his weekly blood draw. We should get home tonight around 8:00!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:forchristmas:

LittleDudesMom

:coldday: Good Middle of the Week!

Marg, enjoy your beach day and the mangos!

Sharon, that's cold :frozen: It's cold for us too - 14 degrees right now. Nice that you husband had some time last night - you guys need it - things have been really demanding at your house. Busy afternoon for you guys - only a few more days till break Sharon!

House day for me today. Lots of little things I need to do around the house to prep for the party, overnight guests, and my mother all in one weekend!!!!! I was planning on doing my grocery shopping tomorrow after work so I can start the chili on Friday, but we are in for an all-day-ending-with-freezing-rain-snow :skate:event tomorrow! Hoping the freezing rain will hold off and I can do the shopping after picking difficult child up from school...At least the store won't be mobbed with pre snow shoppers!!!

Have a great Wednesday :salute: